Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

So, I am sad about Final Fantasy 3............the Dragoon sucks :(

Just beat the Golden Manor, and my party is now a bard (re-classed from dragoon....now with healing/haste/damage :D), duel weilding Dark Knight (powerful!), Geomancer (also powerful), and a Viking (still hunting down a shield for the Double Shield + Provoke).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you take my advice and hide like a bitch? :shifty:

Absolutely!

I spent the whole first half passing between Botta, Jassu and Tidus to level them up and get Tidus to equip Jecht Shot.

Did the same second half until Tidus was open. Jecht Shot. 1-0. Defended and kept the ball for the last 3 minutes or so.

I am the Chelsea of Blitzball!

• Like 4

Did you take my advice and hide like a bitch? :shifty:

Absolutely!

I spent the whole first half passing between Botta, Jassu and Tidus to level them up and get Tidus to equip Jecht Shot.

Did the same second half until Tidus was open. Jecht Shot. 1-0. Defended and kept the ball for the last 3 minutes or so.

I am the Chelsea of Blitzball!

THAT'S THE SPIRIT.

I'm now in the Temple of Time!

And by accident I wandered into some areas that were too powerful for me (like the ruins where Odin is located)....but I managed to win some battles, so did a little bit of power leveling! I also brought back the Dragoon (double lance)!

Edit: Just fought the optional Bahamut....Viking + Protect + Double Shield + Provoke= 1 damage. Even if he crits.

I've noticed a common trend in Final Fantasy games for me recently:

I get to the end of the game, fight the final boss, get wiped out and get pissed off. Try again, do really well and then lose out do to lucky bullshit. Then I get pissed off and say "Fuck it, I'm done."

It wouldn't be so bad if I could save before the final boss, but no, I can't. I have to climb the whole tower, fight 5 bosses and THEN I get a chance at the final boss. It takes 45-60 minutes just to get to that fight again. Screw it, I am done with FF3.

• Like 1

The cheap as fuck final bosses in XIII and XIII-2 drove me up the wall. I'm dreading when I finally bother with finishing XIII-3 and whatever spammy/cheap trick the game comes up with.

The boss in XIII-3 is pure bullshit. Three or four forms, and the final one is just stupid. You have to stagger it to do any damage, and staggering it is almost impossible.

I wish instead of a shitty sequel focusing on Yuna, FFX-2 was a prequel focusing on Braska's pilgramige. That would've been awesome.

WHILE I HEARTILY DISAGREE WITH YOUR SENTIMENT TOWARDS FINAL FANTASY CHARLIES ANGELS EDITION, that idea for focusing on Braska's pilgramage also makes for a great idea.

I wish instead of a shitty sequel focusing on Yuna, FFX-2 was a prequel focusing on Braska's pilgramige. That would've been awesome.

I remember wishing they would set a game in Spira 1000 years before around the time Sin was created - exploring machina-filled Zanarkand and playing as the Zanarkand Abes would be awesome.

X-2 was aesthetically and story wise terrible and maybe can be traced back to being the first step on the shit slope that was the XIII trilogy and (looks like) 15. However the game play was killer and made it well worth playing.

I thought 12 was a stunning game, but I just absolutely despised the Gambit system, and at the end of the day the main thing I buy a game for is the gameplay, not the other stuff. Put X-2's gameplay into XII and it would have been insanely high on my list of favourite FFs.

• Like 1