Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, 12 was the one with sky pirates and Vaan and Balthier. Honestly, I thought it was a bit shit myself, but I realize I'm in the minority there. 11 & 13 are the MMOs.

• Like 1

It still is, as far as I know. I'm not really interested in MMO games as it is, but especially not if it requires a monthly fee. Some people love the game and put enough time into it to justify paying the subscription costs, and that's nice for them, but it just isn't something I can imagine myself doing.

• Like 1

Yeah, I kind of just want to buy the game for retail and then play online as much as I like, just like every single other online game allows. It annoys the crap out of me that RPGs are some kind of special thing all of their own, particularly when at least half of the content (being generous) is usually just grinding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love FFX, the required jumps in stats as to beat the super bosses is absurd, and basically just a grind to get more time out of the game. Shame really, because outside of that (and fucking lightning dodging) I genuinely love everything about the game.

Edited by Benji
almost forgot lightning dodging

I'd happily use a cheat device on a game that requires hours of grinding. If I know I need to reach a certain level in order to stand a realistic chance, I'd much rather skip straight to the desired level than spend half my life doing something that's easy, but maddeningly boring, to reach the same point. I didn't go back to Kingdom Hearts when I lost my save because I had no desire to take part in hours of mindless grinding again, but I would have taken the plunge if I could have pressed a few buttons to get to the same stage. People look down on cheaters, but if I'm using them to rid myself of game mechanics that are a threat to my sanity, I make no apologies.

• Like 1

Agreed, RPGs are terrible for grinding out time. It's like fetch quests, why send me to the other side of the map without a teleport other than to pretend you added 20 minutes of gameplay fighting enemies I already beat numerous times?

That's what infuriates me on WoW right now. I've never had much of a problem with it when it comes to FF though as there's usually a way to make it much quicker but still. I hate a game that's biggest focus is on running.

God damn fucking Marlboros. I spend ages yesterday fighting Mimics so I'd have the money to bribe enemies for the items to get auto-potion, auto-phoenix, and auto-haste, when a Marlboro comes along and fucks it all up and I realised that I forgot to save and equip anti-confusion/berserk armor in the bloody Omega Dungeon.

• 2 weeks later...