Sign in to follow this  
thuganomic

Final Fantasy

On 26/01/2020 at 14:41, Benji said:

You realise the enemies level with you, right?

I mean, I didn't totally use God Mode to get that Platinum.

It was so good! Remember to grab all the chests, you're gonna need all the potions for the boss fight. But I think there was a slight change in the story, feel free to correct me (it's been like 15 years since I played it)...

the bomb was a dud and Shinra blew up the reactor!?

Other great things:

- graphics are pretty as heck

- I'm really liking the voice acting

- Jesse, Biggs and Wedge's characterization! I feel like they were kinda just there in the original.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

It was so good! Remember to grab all the chests, you're gonna need all the potions for the boss fight. But I think there was a slight change in the story, feel free to correct me (it's been like 15 years since I played it)...

Reveal hidden contents

Other great things:

- graphics are pretty as heck

- I'm really liking the voice acting

- Jesse, Biggs and Wedge's characterization! I feel like they were kinda just there in the original.

Yeah I am pretty sure thats a change from the original

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

It looks great. This is the first time I've sort of wished I had a PS4 Pro to fully appreciate how good the graphics are.

It's nice to hear orchestral versions of the old pieces of music, albeit I think the originals had a bit more punch. I think the more understated versions are nice too, but they carry less of a sense of grandeur and panic.

I'm undecided on the voice acting. I haven't experienced the newer releases in the Final Fantasy VII saga, so my versions of what the characters should sound like is still very much embedded in my own mind. Barret still has a bit of the wacky Mr. T vibe about him. Jessie, Biggs and Wedge sound good enough, though, and it's definitely nice to see them get a bit more attention.

The combat's a lot of fun, which is a big thing to consider when we're looking at a game spanning a lot of hours. Having only first played the original version a few years ago, I thought the turn-based system was adequate, but not much more than that, and I think this is a big improvement. I know it won't be to everyone's tastes, but perhaps the "Classic" system will satisfy them a little more.

All in all, I'd say I'm more likely to pre-order the game than I was before. I'm looking at it as an alternative telling of an old story and, as such, I'm not going to fuss too much about what gets changed and what doesn't. I do think there'll be a backlash among some people in that regard, but I'm happy to take the game at face value.

21 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

What's the file size for the demo?

7GB or so.

• Like 1

I'll be streaming the demo over at twitch.tv/probablyoliver from 7:30pm (about 40minutes from now) for anyone who hasn't had a chance to try it out yet.

I'm so excited I might actually do a little cry.

Managed to play about 10 minutes of the demo and holy fuck this game is good.

• Like 1

So, with the internet taking a heavier toll lately, they are upping the 'pre-load' for FF7:Remake to this Friday. So you have a whole week to download it!

Square Enix has also said that physical copies are likely to be shipped early, at least in Europe and Australia. We might be lucky and get them early. I was going to go digital, but the game costs £59.99 here on the PlayStation Store. 

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Square Enix has also said that physical copies are likely to be shipped early, at least in Europe and Australia. We might be lucky and get them early. I was going to go digital, but the game costs £59.99 here on the PlayStation Store. 

I went physical for the same reason it is too expensive on the PlayStation Store. I pre-ordered the other day so hopefully this is true and I get the game a couple days early :w00t:

6 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

I went physical for the same reason it is too expensive on the PlayStation Store. I pre-ordered the other day so hopefully this is true and I get the game a couple days early :w00t:

I've read this morning that EB Games in Australia is selling the game today. Maybe other retailers will be too.

9 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I've read this morning that EB Games in Australia is selling the game today. Maybe other retailers will be too.

Yeah looks like its dropped early some places but not others. Mine is "currently awaiting dispatch from carrier." Hyped!

Oooo I missed the news on this! Great stuff, starting to get that point where days are just going by without me actually managing to do anything of note, bar earning bells for Tom Nooks.

My copy arrived today. I played for 4 hours and barely accomplished anything. It's such a beautiful game, as well, you can see how much work has gone into making assets unique, it's just gorgeous.

• Like 1

Just saw someone post this on Reddit:

As someone who finished the game last night: stay the away from the internet if you want to avoid MAJOR SPOILERS. The game has more significant changes than people would imagine.

My copy (pre-ordered from Amazon) still isn't dispatched yet. :(

...Well, I suppose if it arrived when I was still in the middle of P5R, that would be somewhat awkward.

34 minutes ago, Your Mom's Side Chick said:

Why is my game preloading? 

Because internet slowdowns across the world would make it difficult for people to play day 1. Thankfully, mine was done (I think? I have yet to turn on my PS4 to confirm, but it's out of my download queue) before I got out of bed.

• Thanks 1

I'm liking what I've played so far. I'm only a little way past the demo section, but I'm already impressed with how they've expanded the game world. It's fun to just listen to people's conversations and look around the map.

I'm curious as to what this game looks like on a PS4 Pro. Graphically, it doesn't seem to be an absolute cutting edge game, especially when it comes to facial animations. I'm not bothered, though. It looks plenty good enough for me.