Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I think it's a pretty good little list. It's basically a "accomplish everything you can" list. The only ones I think are a little boring are the reach Level 99 and reach the money limit, just because they aren't two that you'll really ever bother to do unless you're looking for the trophy.

Could have done a few more fun ones like Collect Every Enemy Skill Materia and so on, but for the most part I think that's a nice little collection.

Would love to see them do this for FFVIII.

4 hours ago, Benji said:

Well, exact same as the PlayStation version, but yes.

Nope, he's right - it's the Steam version. Higher resolution and a few extra technical bits and bobs. Like NPC's have mouths apparently. Mouths that are glitched resulting in them being constantly open.

I think that's why they're able to add trophies. Probably a lot easier to check variables for trophies on a PC port than it would be on an emulated PSX port. I'm not sure they could even do that, the only thing you'd really be able to check against would be maybe save data?

• Like 1

Just now, Benji said:

It's nearly 10 years since it was announced and you're bothered about another year? :P

To be fair, I'm not even sure if I'm that excited. I'm probably going to buy it, because I'm a slave to Final Fantasy, but the combat seems kinda bleh to me.

I'm actually relatively optimistic about XV. I'm not getting my hopes up, but considering the improvements they slowly implemented in XIII's gameplay as the series progressed, I'm hoping they've learned lessons that won't turn XV into another XIII-1 debacle. I've kind of given up hope on a return to ATB/CTB at this point and am just treating it as a "whatever will be, will be" situation.

• Like 1

I doubt ATB is ever coming back to the Final Fantasy series, as far as JRPGs go not having it kind of separates it from the pack. I'm getting back on a big JRPG kick lately so I probably will be fine with it by the time it comes out after playing too many traditional JRPGs the past year or so.