Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I liked IX's card game over Blitzball, but that said I sucked pretty hard at all the FF mini-games that weren't Chocobo Racing or Snowboarding so what do I know?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which of the PS1 ports of the original FF games are worth picking up?

Plus, can someone explain the trail of games all the way to 7....I get confused with how the numbering has worked at points, with regards to some games not being released in some places?

Can anyone give me a rundown of FFXII?

Should I take this one, lads? >_>

XII gets a lot of stick from people for moving away from some of the usual conventions of the final fantasy series, and it gets some stick for having some pretty base character advancement too, but for me, it's my favourite of all the FFs. The gameplay is sublime, with a sort of WOW/FF hybrid going on which works very well, for the first time you have to truly think about the fighting aspects, as you can't really just expect to win by slugging it out with as many physical attacks as possible, especially when you end up in a massively handicapped situation, you have to really think about the magic you'll use.

The characters are a bit flawed, but only on the good-guy side. Vaan's one of the most boring and shitty 'main' characters in the entire series (although his status as the main character is easily disputed. Personally I feel it's Ashe, who is actually a pretty cool cat). But there's nowt wrong with the baddied. Vayne is a genius, especially during the last parts of the game, the Judge's are overlooked but have some fantastic moments and Cid is possibly my favourite secondary villain in FF (with the exception of Shinra, but that goes without saying).

It's a great game, and definitely worth playing view. It looks sublime, the side-quests are huge, especially if you're completely anal and want to get 100% and whatnot.

Get it. Now.

Are FF 7, 8 and 9 worth picking up for like....£35 in a package?

I've got fuck all money, but I'm trying to justify it >_>

Yes.

And I gave FFXII a lot of stick mostly due to its pick-n-mix Star Wars plots. :shifty: Oh, and the license/gambit systems.

No it wasn't, the characters sucked, but the battle system wasn't actually all that bad (aside from the fact you CHANGED CLOTHES~ mid-battle).

No, it was. The plot, the characters, a decent battle system doesn't make up for it.

Exactly....Rikku is the type of gal you can toss around in the bedroom and she'd probably love it.

She's also a minor. :(

A minor that I'd do naughty, naughty things to. I'll admit it. However, I still stand by my original statement of Lulu's tits ftw.

ANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYWAY, I think I may be highly considering the Collector's Edition of FFXII. I can find FFX for cheap and I'll probably get it, 'cause it's cheap, but for thirty bucks, I don't see why I shouldn't get FFXII. Most people seem to enjoy it.

That is, I'll get it after I get Shadow of the Colossus and MGS3.