Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about wanting to toss around Rikku, has actually made me decide to throw X back in sometime today. Which means I have unbeaten saves of VIII, IX and XII lying around. I need a better attention span. :shifty:

No, you don't. Unless I do too. I have many unfinished FF saves.

So I got Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire Of The Sealed Rift today along with my new DS.

So FFIX's being delivered in the next day or two, I got it from eBay on Saturday, so it should be here any day.

I know they've never really taken off in the past, but anyone up for a FFIX playthrough and discussion thread, so we can all verbally masturbate over Vivi together?

So FFIX's being delivered in the next day or two, I got it from eBay on Saturday, so it should be here any day.

I know they've never really taken off in the past, but anyone up for a FFIX playthrough and discussion thread, so we can all verbally masturbate over Vivi together?

I need to start again soon, so I'm up for it, I actually almost did earlier until I realised I had about zero energy.

*sighs*

I want to play FFIX again. Same with VII, VIII and Tactics. I need to a new PS2... One that doesn't hate PS1 games.

The gameplay is essentially the same, but I think the story is easier to get into.

Well, that's how it seems, anyway...

...Or were you after something a little more specific?

A little. How are the new classes? Are there still four or five for different races that are essentially the same (I'm looking at you, Human Soldier/Bangaa Warrior, etc.)? Do laws suck less? How are the new races?

I really don't play any Tactics game for the story, to be honest. I found the one in the first Tactics Advance okay but a little bit cheesy ("I wish I could bring FINAL FANTASY to life guys!"), and the one in the original Tactics is just so ridiculous, poorly translated, and essentially from Mars that it only serves to underscore how said game has just the right amount of brilliance and stupid to make a legendary game.

New Classes:

Human:

*Paravir - Cross a Fighter with a Ninja, and you're there. Can throw some elemental attacks around, but only within sword-range. Quite high attack, crap-all defense.

*Seer - It's a low-leveled Red Mage. Only really good for teaching support abilities.

Bangaa:

*Master Monk - It's a leveled-up version of White Monk, but with better stats and some good abilities...

*Cannoner - It's the Bangaa equivalent of Flintlock, only less accurate.

*Trickster - Ooh! It's a Bangaa that uses magic, completely wasting most of it's stats! AND it pretty much only uses status-magic, too...

Moogle:

*Fusilier - Trick question. Re-named Gunners from FFTA. Nothing new here.

*Chocobo Knight - Fastest class in the game. Red Chocobos have the Choco Meteor skill, White ones let you restore MP, and Black ones are faster than the others.

*Tinker - Re-named Gadgeteer. Still not the best choice in attack, defense, or skills. Avoid after learning "Equip Ribbon".

*Flintlock - Not the best stat-wise, but good support abilities, considering you need to charge all of them for one turn.

Nu Mou:

*Arcanist - Mostly gravity magic, and other spells that wouldn't hit a conventional FF boss. Bit of a waste.

*Scholar -Illusionists with the drawback of targeting allies as well.

Viera:

*Green Mage - Decent attack for a mage, with protecting spells and some status magic to help.

*Spellblade - Combine a Fencer with a Trickster, and this is the result. Worse stats than a Fencer, too...

Gria: Only just slower than Viera, but they can fly.

*Raptor - It's another Soldier class... Saying that though, their abilities will help the other classes...

*Ravager - Basically, it's a Fighter with some sneaky techniques.

*Geomancer - What is it with giving races that can't use magic well magic-based classes? Decent on paper, but bad to work with in actuality.

Seeq: They pack more of a punch than Bangaas, but suffer the old trade-off of speed.

*Ranger - Can set traps. Useful in maps with chokepoints, but unplayable otherwise.

*Berserker - Essentially a Warrior. Highest attack stat in the game, from what I can see.

*Viking - The worst class in the game, with Tinker close behind. Seeqs can barely use magic as is, so why not give them magic that is much less powerful than the regular versions? YAY! <_<

*Lanista - A re-worked Dark Knight-type class. Really not worth it.

Other than that, the races/classes haven't changed much... so Warriors are essentially still Soldiers... :P

The laws have been re-tooled, and I think they work. You get one law through a battle, and by upholding it, you get item rewards at the end, and a "privilege", which can be anything from a strength bonus, to improved race powers. Breaking these laws no longer results in jail time, but if you break a law (even under Charm/Confuse) the Judge will leave, taking the items, the privilege, and the ability to revive clanmates...

But it's a better system than it was...

Edited by Kryptonite3d

I continued my FFV file, and just got Odin, Phoenix, and unlocked three legendary weapons (Holy Lance, Excalibur, and Sage Rod). My party (All 41) is currently Bartz as a Monk (4), Lenna as a summoner (5), Krile as a White Mage (Mastered...White Magic + Lance=cheap but awesome), and Faris as a Dragoon (Mastered with Duel wield...Double Spear jump=insane). Trying to get the other legendary weapons.

Edit: I think I'm fucked. I am trying to get into the Island Shrine, and I can't remember where I parked my airship (if I even have it?) I looked at a youtube video, and you need the airship to get there! And to get the last class, I need the sub....WHERE IS MY SUB?!

Edit again: Ok, found my airship after half an hour of looking....it was outside the phantom village <_<

Holy shit, a third edit: Finish two more temples, forgot to save after beating the second one, died, have to re-do. Angry. But I think I am close to being done the game.

Edited by Ruki

....I love the Gladiator class with two handed and the Excailibur. Amazing. Just entered the rift...DUN DUN DUN.

Edit: TAKE THAT NEO EXDEATH YOU DIRTY SON OF A FUCKING CUNT ASS WHORE ..............................I didn't hate that fight, what are you talking about? <_<

Edited by Ruki

Wow, I think I prepared a little too much for my second battle with Seymour in FFX...

I had all the characters well leveled up and had their overdrives prepared. The majority of Yuna's summons had their overdrives ready as well. It only took about five rounds and I couldn't get my usual cycle of every character to give them all AP... I'm going to try again.