Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the blu-ray release, with extra scenes that were probably in the last release they did, and with and FFXIII demo, FF agito XIII and Dissidia Final Fantasy video's. There might be some new Advent Children related stuff in there, but that's not why it's going to sell. Got to give it to square, they know how to milk the cash cow again and again and again and again.... and again... and again.

It was more of a plot reminder - and would skip about between different parts of the game in order to make its point. It was actually really quite confusing and badly done, since you really had to have played the game semi-recently to follow it anyway. Certainly it offered no help to those who were in the dark to begin with.

So I fired Tactics back up and am only up to the Battle at Grog Hill after Wiegraf uses the Holy Stone and becomes Velius. For whatever reason, the battle at Grog Hill is giving me way more trouble than it should.

So I apparently need one of these things to run FFXI well...

Video Card

Recommended: 64 MB 3D video card (NVIDIA GeForce FX or better)

You Have: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family (Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family)

FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement. Upgrading to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 256 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - No

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

This means nothing to me whatsoever.

Does anyone know how much I'd be paying out for something like this, and does anyone have any links to where I can find one?

So I fired Tactics back up and am only up to the Battle at Grog Hill after Wiegraf uses the Holy Stone and becomes Velius. For whatever reason, the battle at Grog Hill is giving me way more trouble than it should.

...really, Cloudy?

Hot damn, you are going to catch some serious hell when you reach the end of this chapter then.

Okay, basic strategy for Grog Hill. The thief is annoying if she knows Steal Heart, so take care of her en route to the chemists. Beef up movement with Battle Boots and Move+1 (or more) and steam through to the chemists, ganging up on them and taking them out one at a time. If you have anyone with a ranged attack (mages in particular, but Agrias and Mustadio can be helpful as well; just avoid archers here), put them in the party. No one in the enemy party is particularly outstanding, so if you can take care of the chemists early, then focus on the annoying thief, you shouldn't have any problems.

Incidentally, you're going to head toward Riovanes Castle soon. Make sure that Ramza knows Yell, Accumulate, and at least Move+1. Buy him a Chameleon Robe as well. I'll explain when you get there, but trust me. You'll thank me.

Ollie: It's supposed to be fucking ridiculously hard at points. I've known people that have it who have spent thirteen hours trying to defeat one boss in the higher level parts of the game.

Also, just for what it's worth, FFXIII will be released in Japan first on the PS3, and then get a simultaneous release on the 360 and PS3 in North America with no 360 release of the game planned for Japan. And like I said in my previous post, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still slated to be a PS3 exclusive.

EDIT: Also, the PS3 FFXIII demo will be included with Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete alongside new trailers for Versus XIII and the XIII PSP/mobile phone game. Advent Children Complete's due out in Japan in March of next year, no word on a North American release date.

Recently there was a story that a guild called it quits after 18 hours on one boss and said it would have required about 6 more to finish it. So yeah, a whole fucking day. Crazy.

Guest strongarm85
So I apparently need one of these things to run FFXI well...

Video Card

Recommended: 64 MB 3D video card (NVIDIA GeForce FX or better)

You Have: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family (Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family)

FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement. Upgrading to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 256 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - No

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

This means nothing to me whatsoever.

Does anyone know how much I'd be paying out for something like this, and does anyone have any links to where I can find one?

The bolded part is your problem, which is actually quite odd. It would think that most modern video cards would have the feature and for some reason your crappy intel chipset doesn't have it, which is actually somewhat humerous from my standpoint because my 5 year old graphics card does meat all of the requirements to play this game. Basically you got gypped on your graphics card. You could probably pick up an Nvidia Card and install it and you should be good to go. It doesn't have to be a new card either, its just an old feature that they left out but is starting to become more utilized in some of the newer games.

I decided to play through all my Final Fantasy games again and complete with as much stuff done as possible. I only managed to finish VII, VIII and IX, but missed a load of stuff out. So I'm starting with VII since its the first one I ever played. Then I'll probably go in order VIII, IX, X then XII. I also have VI where i got to the part when the new world is made. So I wanna start that a fresh too at some point. I also have XI, which I really do enjoy, no funds for it right now though.

Started VII this morning and I'm up to blowing up the second reactor, just about to battle the airbuster thing.

We've heard of 18-hour bras, but 18-hour boss battles? Ridiculous! A couple weeks back, we reported on a Final Fantasy XII guild that attempted to take down one of the game's new big bads, the Pandemonium Warden, only to succumb to fatigue, hunger, sleep deprivation, and general near-deathness at the 18-hour mark. Square Enix now says it has heard the fan outcry against the idea of such longevity-rich enemies and is fixing things.

"In response to these events, we have determined that further alterations are required to prevent such battles from exceeding a certain predetermined length of time," reads the latest community update from PlayOnline. What will these "alterations" consist of? "Included in the version update scheduled for early September will be modifications to the degree of difficulty of Pandemonium Warden (and associated pets), Absolute Virtue (and associated pets), and Jailer of Love. The aim of these changes is to create battles where a decisive outcome may be reached within a shorter period of time."

Square's statement also reaffirmed the company's continued "commitment to a healthy and wholesome game environment." You know, one where players aren't passing out while playing.

Good news for Ollies everywhere.

I don't know why you would have problems with FFXI as it's dumbed down to play on PS2 and the PC version is the same thing. As far as those 12+ hour creatures you will have to play the game every day for 12 hours to even get far enough into the game in 9 months time to consider playing that end game stuff. Which is totally not required and only if you want the best of the best weapons and gear that ain't that good to warrant that kind of time compared to the crap you can get normally.

I have played the game for 4 years now and only level 55 of the possible 75 max level. There is more stuff to do that you will be consumed granted you get to level 30 where most of the stuff is open to you.

Even though you don't have to do 12 hour fights only playing for a hour or two is not really that worth while. I mean it is, but it isin't. You can get away with it, but 4-6 hour level grinds should be required at some point. In other words like most say it is a total time sink and a quite frustratingly hard game. Too freaking addicting for me to quit though!

We went through that argument a year ago and agreed to disagree. Yeah there is times you need to play for 4-6 hours to really get some shit done, but you don't have to. It just goes a hell of a lot slower if you don't throw a day in there like that every now and then. If you like the game enough you are going to play it that long. Has anyone ever played VII for an extended period of time? Yeah, but not daily like most people do when they play XI. I used to play 3-6 hours 3-4 days every week, but I am lucky to get 5 hours in a week now and still enjoy the game very much.

I totally agree with you that most people take this game way too far! Thats not to say that you have to play that much to truly enjoy the game or that the game sucks! It's just that there is soo much that this game has to offer and if you approach it with a level head you will get many, many awesome hours out of it. Just my opinion!

And now that the game is been out for so long they are working to make the game more time friendly. Thats not to say that it's not still going to require a lot of time to get places, but it will be a little easier. Like I said those 13 hour fights are for the people that have the best of everything and want a huge frustrating challenge. Not for most players that actually play the game.

Edited by Sacrafice540

You know, with things like work, flirting with chicks, drinking, and general social life in the real world, I still think its a miss. I had a friend that was stuck on that game. Really, really, stuck. It was like losing a friend. Then he stopped playing it, and started hanging out again, and its very much preferable.

If you have the amount of time you say it takes to play that game, imagine all the worthwhile stuff you could be doing, interacting with ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS IN PERSON.

*sigh*

MMORPGs elude me.

So I'm currently in the process of starting up a VII save to go on my PS3, wasn't sure if anyone else was playing it near the beginning. I lost my memory card and have been dying to get the time to jump back into a Final Fantasy, now I've got the time.