Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

To revive the thread...

I've been playing Crisis Core recently, and beat the game a few minutes ago. I'd recommend it, especially so if you're an FF7 fan.

However, is it a bad thing that the game left me wishing that Cloud was the one who had died, and you instead actually played VII as Zack, rather than his 'living legacy'? >_>

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To revive the thread...

I've been playing Crisis Core recently, and beat the game a few minutes ago. I'd recommend it, especially so if you're an FF7 fan.

However, is it a bad thing that the game left me wishing that Cloud was the one who had died, and you instead actually played VII as Zack, rather than his 'living legacy'? >_>

Of course, but that was entirely the point. Also, ending spoiler...

The fight at the end that you HAVE to lose whilst your DMW fails is just so sad, the music was perfectly scored and all those involved should be praised heavilly for creating my favourite video game musical track ever.

That's what Square-Enix get for making Zack "I was just a bit character once" Fair more sympathetic than Cloud "I'm just moody and fucked in the head" Strife. :shifty:

I do like that one guy in Nibelheim references the fact that Zack was just a small character before the sudden interest.

Also I died for the first time in Crisis Core the other day :(

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

I rarley play my DS (bit regretting purchasing it now, I've always been a sony kinda guy but the new Pokemon games just tempted me so much) but Final Fantasy is like my lover when it comes to games. Reason I say this is that I've never beaten VI (I reached the part where the world fucked up something fierce, didn't really know what to do and just slowly lost interest, never to pick it up again).

So my question to you: Is it worth picking up the GBA version (I played a ROM before) considering the game's still about £30?

I remember enjoying VI when I got really into it, but for me it was a bit like Seiken Denetsu 3, I had to <i>try</i> and get into it to start enjoying it. Not to say it was a bad game, just that it didn't capture my interest right from the start.

Speaking of FF's I recently started VII again and I realised that I've never beaten Ruby and Emerald. :/

Is it really worth it? I've heard that all you get out of it is a Gold Chocobo that won't listen to you and some kind of Harp that makes fighting Emerald easier? Not the best rewards for what're meant to be the two toughest bosses in the game.

Then again, in FFX I don't think you got ANYTHING for beating that huge thing with 10,000,000,000,000 HP that you released after defeating the Dark Aeons. (any word on what happens after that as well?)

I'd also like to mention my mate bought a Blitzball the other day.

I didn't think it was possible to make footy seem like a non-manly game, but that just about did it. :shifty:

A bunch of guys running around diving at each other over a ball and ending the game by changing and showering together? Yeah, totally manly :shifty:

So my question to you: Is it worth picking up the GBA version (I played a ROM before) considering the game's still about £30?

YES! Oh God, yes!

The awesome thing about it is the bonus dungeons; Kaiser Dragon can actually be tough (even with people at level 65+), as well as the Omega Weapon. The Dragon's Den provides a great challenge, the translation is deeper, I'm very satisfied with it.

I rarley play my DS (bit regretting purchasing it now, I've always been a sony kinda guy but the new Pokemon games just tempted me so much) but Final Fantasy is like my lover when it comes to games. Reason I say this is that I've never beaten VI (I reached the part where the world fucked up something fierce, didn't really know what to do and just slowly lost interest, never to pick it up again).

I remember enjoying VI when I got really into it, but for me it was a bit like Seiken Denetsu 3, I had to <i>try</i> and get into it to start enjoying it. Not to say it was a bad game, just that it didn't capture my interest right from the start.

Speaking of FF's I recently started VII again and I realised that I've never beaten Ruby and Emerald. :/

Is it really worth it? I've heard that all you get out of it is a Gold Chocobo that won't listen to you and some kind of Harp that makes fighting Emerald easier? Not the best rewards for what're meant to be the two toughest bosses in the game.

Then again, in FFX I don't think you got ANYTHING for beating that huge thing with 10,000,000,000,000 HP that you released after defeating the Dark Aeons. (any word on what happens after that as well?)

It's the deal with all the megabosses. The reward for beating them is the pride in knowing you've beaten the unbeatable. In most FFs you get a key item that you don't use anywhere.