Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the remake of FF1, just on the basis that they give Magic Points instead of that system where you could only use your spells X amount of times before you had to rest.

That and the characters would switch targets if someone killed their previous target.

They did fix the FF2 bug where you could attack your own party members for the cheap skill ups.

Surely Crisis Core is enough of a reason to get a PSP for any FF nut. Adding Dissidia to the equation would presumably create some kind of fanboyish explosion.

Don't forget War of the Lions **Hides from Sousa and C-Mil**

Lancer. :angry:

Except in Tactics Advance, which ended up being way more awesome than I remembered. I'm playing back through as an all-viera party now, which has been... a little repetitive since it takes 30,000 years to unlock the late-game classes, but I had no idea how powerful a team of archers and snipers is in the early game.

Edited by The Souser Urchin

So, now I have Final Fantasy IV DS and as I didn't get very far at all in my original play of IV, and moved on to love V instead, but so far it's pretty great.

The voice acting makes for added coolness in scenes, but I am a bit dissapointed that characters I get and level up keep disappearing on me for various amounts of time.

Bah, fuck you Yiazmat! I haven't touched FFXII since April because I didn't want to continue on with the Yiazmat fight. Today, I continued. I managed to get his HP down from 3/4 to about 1/3. I spent at least 3 hours doing that, maybe 4. And how many 1 hit KO attacks does this guy need. Death Strike automatically wipes out a party member, and on occasion, an ordinary strike will also 1 hit KO you. Having Yiazmat getting lucky and 1 hit KO-ing about 7 times in a row is not cool.

So, now I have Final Fantasy IV DS and as I didn't get very far at all in my original play of IV, and moved on to love V instead, but so far it's pretty great.

The voice acting makes for added coolness in scenes, but I am a bit dissapointed that characters I get and level up keep disappearing on me for various amounts of time.

Yeah, that's one really annoying thing about it. In my game, I've just gotten Edward and Rosa, and I wish to high heavens I had Kain back. :( Cecil is annoying me by constantly losing life.

Yeah, that's one really annoying thing about it. In my game, I've just gotten Edward and Rosa, and I wish to high heavens I had Kain back. :( Cecil is annoying me by constantly losing life.

Don't get me started on Edward. He's died more times than I care to count and besides Salve occasionally, he doesn't have any redeeming skills. Glad to be rid of him for a time. I also have Yang back now, so fuck the rest of them. Except Rydia, but I know about her return. I do really want Kain...

• 2 weeks later...

That sucked balls.

I'm playing through FF8 again, and right now, I'm re-doing the Galbadia Missile Base portion. I got through the entire damn thing, and went with the 10-minute time limit for the escape because it allows you to use the side door. (IIRC, don't you also get access with a 20-minute time limit?)

Anyway, I'm fighting BGH, and get to roughly a minute left. Quistis is summoning Quezacotl, and Irvine's just finished a Brothers summon... and BGH blows up - so all I've got to fight is the three guards, all of which fall in about a hit.

I've got less than a minute, and I realize that Irvine and Selphie can KO them with regular attacks... and then at about 20 seconds left, Quistis' summon finishes. The last guy (since Irvine and Selphie KO'ed the other two) is killed by Thunder Storm... but after the fight fades out, it then goes to the base exploding, and the Game Over screen.

Why can't a technicality work in my favor? >_> <_<

*begrudgingly begins the base sequence again*

That sucked balls.

I'm playing through FF8 again, and right now, I'm re-doing the Galbadia Missile Base portion. I got through the entire damn thing, and went with the 10-minute time limit for the escape because it allows you to use the side door. (IIRC, don't you also get access with a 20-minute time limit?)

Anyway, I'm fighting BGH, and get to roughly a minute left. Quistis is summoning Quezacotl, and Irvine's just finished a Brothers summon... and BGH blows up - so all I've got to fight is the three guards, all of which fall in about a hit.

I've got less than a minute, and I realize that Irvine and Selphie can KO them with regular attacks... and then at about 20 seconds left, Quistis' summon finishes. The last guy (since Irvine and Selphie KO'ed the other two) is killed by Thunder Storm... but after the fight fades out, it then goes to the base exploding, and the Game Over screen.

Why can't a technicality work in my favor? >_> <_<

*begrudgingly begins the base sequence again*

...I've never played FF8, but surely there's a warp spell or something you can use to just avoid non-boss fights?

As far as I know, there's no spell like that... although Odin/Gilgamesh using Zantetsuken is pretty close.

But the boss I'm talking about (BGH<random numbers>) is a two-part fight. First part is the machine, second part is fighting the soldiers who control it. That second part is where I failed.

EDIT: Passed it. Just had to pick the 20-minute limit (which DOES allow the near door), and ended up having roughly nine or ten minutes to spare.

Edited by TenaciousG

• 2 weeks later...
To revive the thread...

I've been playing Crisis Core recently, and beat the game a few minutes ago. I'd recommend it, especially so if you're an FF7 fan.

However, is it a bad thing that the game left me wishing that Cloud was the one who had died, and you instead actually played VII as Zack, rather than his 'living legacy'? >_>

That's what Square-Enix get for making Zack "I was just a bit character once" Fair more sympathetic than Cloud "I'm just moody and fucked in the head" Strife. :shifty:

I'd go out on a limb and say yes. :shifty:

So Crisis Core is abso-fucking-lutely beautiful! I've really got a hang of the fighting system now, and I'm loving it. It's although Square went into my own head, pulled everything I loved about FFVII and FFXII out and put it into a game. It's seriously immense.

It's also pretty exciting, as it's the first FF game I've played without any spoilers/walkthroughs since the original FFVII, so everything is coming as a lovely little surprise.

So Crisis Core is wonderful, but I haven't a clue how the whole spinner thing works in battles. Someone explain, it seems entirely random.

I think I worked this out the other day, though I may be entirely wrong. Each change in a stat (HP, MP, AP) corresponds to a square. HP = Left, MP = Middle, AP = Right. Whenever there is a change in the values of them (You gain/lose HP/MP/AP) it stops the reels. So, when you use MP, it would stop the middle one, and when you roll or block (as they use 1 AP) it stops the one on the right.

I think that's how it works.

It has full details on Gamefaqs...somewhere.

I can't remember them now. :shifty:

Don't you hate it when you're just about to finish off a piss-easy enemy and suddenly the reels come up? "Argh, fuck off! Let me just hit him once!" :@

Edited by stokeriño