Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I seem to recall, Maztat liked "Unlimited Saga", which just goes to show his taste is questionable, at best. That game was shiiiiiiiiit!!

Now excuse me while I go back to playing a real man's rpg:

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life Special Edition.

Edited by GhostMachine

Which Trance are you using?

Zidane's. It was a one-on-one fight. I figured out you've got to kill the Waltz first, then the seal thing.

Past that, I'm currently detouring in some marsh en route to Gizamaluke's Grotto. I'm really only playing to relive the storyline and characters, most of which I ignored in first play a few years ago under the assumption they just suck. Here's my re-assessment.

Zidane: I had pretty much written him off first play since, unlike Cloud and Squall, he wasn't toting a sword 2 to 2.5 times his height. He's a lot more likable than I recall and the irony of his self-professed success with the ladies isn't lost on me this go.

Dagger: How are you realistically supposed to name her anything else? "What's this?" "It's a dagger." "Oh, then my name will be... Carol?" Anyway, the singing isn't as charming as I think it's supposed to be, but her quest to fit in by saying "I'll" instead of "I shall" is endearing... for now.

Steiner: I think I loved him first play but I love love him now. I don't remember nor care if he ever warms up to Zidane. Truth 'til death with this guy.

Vivi: Hard not to feel sorry for the little guy. I don't recall how the black mage stuff ends either, but I'm rooting for him not to be a mindless puppet... with a mind... or something. I wish I could've killed the little kid at Dali that attacked him though.

Freya: I just got her, I think it's "her" anyway, and I was shocked as hell when I was asked to name her. I don't recall her at all from first play. She's bad-ass though and singlehandedly steering my under-leveled crew (Steiner & Dagger are MIA) through battles with her jumps.

J bought me Tactics Advance yesterday, anyone got any tips in advance before I play it? From what I've played it seems totally different.

It is. By far my favorite FF game, despite the abysmal translation at times. A good hour or two of straight levelling up at the beginning goes a LONG way.

ARGH! Does Final Fantasy XII have any regular tasks that DON'T involve running around just telling people stuff. I'm putting it down now that it is officially my vote for worst main series Final Fantasy, horribly boring battle system which makes the even more tedious levelling up worse, the mini games are all crap, there's far too much running and talking to people and yet barely any of it actually advances the stories, the characters, bar Balthier are two dimensional, and even Balthier is getting that way now, it's not got the charm, the fun or even the achievement of any other Final Fantasy. Bleh. Fuck it.

Interesting how C-MIL is replaying FFIX after a while when I'm doing the exact same thing. I hope it goes better than my last time of replaying a PSX Final Fantasy, when FFVII quit halfway through the second disk and I kept getting DREs from my PS2.

At the moment, I'm on the third disk when you go to Ipsen's Castle. I'm currently at lvl. 46 with Zidane, but Quina, Freya, Eiko, and Amarant need to be leveled up after misusing them. The part where Steiner and Freya were gone from the party for about 1/2 a disk was very annoying, too. Thankfully, I have the Level-Up skill.

I also just started playing FFIV, as well. not a lot of progress to report on that, though. I'm at the very beginning.

• 2 weeks later...