Guilty Pleasures

Bodom

What bands are you ashamed of listening to but still rock out to?

Horse the Band: A Friend of mine got me into them, I am a sucker for keyboards and they are very keyboard driven. The whole "Nintendocore" scene fascinates me.

As I lay Dying: I was watching a Tyler Black tribute on Youtube and the song "Elegy" was the music. I really dig them for some reason.

Sevendust: Part of my childhood, I still listen to songs like "Bitch" and "Praise" every once in a while.

I honestly can't see how something like Horse The Band could be a guilty pleasure, but oh well.

I don't know about guilty pleasures per sé, as I don't see the point in being ashamed of what you listen to, or worried about what people might think of you based on what you listen to, but there's one or two songs that people might be surprised to hear I like, and that I probably wouldn't exactly admit in regular conversation; "Lil' Star" by Kelis & Cee-Lo, "Foundations" by Kate Nash, and all of Alex Parks' first album....but I'm not ashamed to like them, they're not really a guilty pleasure in that respect.

I honestly can't see how something like Horse The Band could be a guilty pleasure, but oh well.

I don't know about guilty pleasures per sé, as I don't see the point in being ashamed of what you listen to, or worried about what people might think of you based on what you listen to, but there's one or two songs that people might be surprised to hear I like, and that I probably wouldn't exactly admit in regular conversation; "Lil' Star" by Kelis & Cee-Lo, "Foundations" by Kate Nash, and all of Alex Parks' first album....but I'm not ashamed to like them, they're not really a guilty pleasure in that respect.

Alex Parks was a decent singer. Good album.

I'm a fan of "Come Into My World" and "Slow" by Kylie Minogue. Her wannabe-Goldfrapp era was cool.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Stuff that would fit into the 'guilty pleasures' genre (yes, I'm convinced it's a genre) that I regularly listen to...America, April Wine, Boney M, Bryan Adams (mainly pre-'Everything I Do'), Duran Duran, 'Two Tickets To Paradise', Five-Man Electrical Band, the Gin Blossoms, Great Big Sea, Hall & Oates, 'We Built This City', Loverboy, Men Without Hats, 'Grace Kelly', 'Sister Christian', the Proclaimers, REO MUTHERFUCKING SPEEDWAGON, Treble Charger, and 'In The Year 2525'.

:shifty:

Stuff that would fit into the 'guilty pleasures' genre (yes, I'm convinced it's a genre) that I regularly listen to...America, April Wine, Boney M, Bryan Adams (mainly pre-'Everything I Do'), Duran Duran, 'Two Tickets To Paradise', Five-Man Electrical Band, the Gin Blossoms, Great Big Sea, Hall & Oates, 'We Built This City', Loverboy, Men Without Hats, 'Grace Kelly', 'Sister Christian', the Proclaimers, REO MUTHERFUCKING SPEEDWAGON, Treble Charger, and 'In The Year 2525'.

:shifty:

Both Duran Duran and Duran Duran Duran are awesome.

Kate Nash is pretty, when she shuts her mouth.

And not really a 'guilty pleasure' but in the punk-rock community it will get you 'shot'...I prefer new Thrice to old Thrice.

Edited by YI

Rihanna and Fergie had damn good records last time out, so I go with them.

And Jerry Reed, because he seems to be the polar opposite of most of the stuff I listen to. Oh, and because he's an actor turned country singer whose songs aren't really great but are hilariously awesome.

I'm guessing Duran Duran isn't a guilty pleasure. But what about 1993 Duran Duran? 'Come Undone' and 'Ordinary World'...

I listen to lots of soft rock (I call it wuss rock) from the 80s and early 90s. Mainly cause I grew up listening to that crap, when I was little. And all that shit just stuck over the years. The pussier shit from groups like Heart, Journey, Foreigner, Genesis, Hall and Oates, Chicago, Fleetwood Mac, Toto, Mariah Carey. Then you got Phil Collins solo stuff, the famous songs from Breathe and Ambrosia, Anita Baker.

Well, just for the record ... if it's a female vocalist and I like it... it's a guilty pleasure to me. Although this trance vocalist out of New York named Jes, she's got a damn good voice. Can't get myself to buy the album though.