Athletic Wrestling Alliance

Jimmy

Athletic Wrestling Alliance

It was almost insulting; honestly I’ve never been able to understand it. The World Wrestling Entertainment will come over to England and sell out arena’s with screaming, cheering fans! But when it was all said and done, there wasn’t really one big wrestling promotion in England. It was sad. I mean, there’s such a market out there for a real English wrestling promotion. Some have failed miserably, others survive, ever so slightly.

I wished for one when I was younger, I mean I longed for a promotion that would be from our home turf, touring the whole of England selling out arena’s with television tapings and Pay Per Views! Unfortunately, I’ve never seen one.

All it takes is one man with a dream, some logic, and I love and understanding for the wrestling business. And I hoped I had that. Yes, me, Brandon Jay. I’m twenty two years old and I’ve got a passion like no other. As long as I could remember all I wanted to do was be involved in wrestling some way or another. I never thought it’d be a reality. I mean, I’m not exactly wrestling type.

But one day when I was away with the fairies, dreaming, wishing, it hit me. I wanted to be involved in wrestling, right? Why be involved, when you could control the whole thing. Me, Brandon Jay an owner and booker of a wrestling company. I almost laughed at myself and dismissed the thought. But the idea kept coming back to me, again and again and I started to warm to the idea.

I had nothing else going for me at the time, I was making a little bit of money which was nice, but it wasn’t what I wanted to do in life, nothing near to be exact. I decided there and then that I’d at least research the idea see how much it would cost and what I could do.

So I did just that.

In any spare time I got I was researching. But before I even did that I made a decision. Perhaps a risky decision in some eyes. If I did eventually go through with this, the wrestling promotion would be based in England and for the start consist of English wrestling, with the odd European here and there. But I wanted to pave the pathway for what I wanted to do. I always wanted an English promotion, a main global English promotion that would make wrestling in England, and now I had a chance.

Soon after some research I resigned from my job. I knew this is what I had to do, or at least try. So I got together the foundations of a promotion. I took out a £100,000 loan from the bank to start it up. And that is when the Athletic Wrestling Alliance was born. And from then after I started spreading the word about the AWA, posters, internet blogs, anything I could do I would do it.

Obviously the next step was to hire some staff, so I did just that. Trying to keep the staff to a minimum I hired one guy to do the production, one physio, two writers, one road agent and two mixing commentators. I then got us a booking at a local theatre in East Anglia. It was booked for two and a half hours on the 28th of October, I already had a name for our event. Welcome to the jungle!

So now I had everything I needed, I had all the foundations of the promotion laid out. All I needed was one tiny little thing.

Wrestlers.

I was confident that I could find a good bunch of workers for the Athletic Wrestling Alliance. There are a lot of unemployed British wrestlers who surely would jump for the chance at work. So I started scouting, I started making phone calls, getting recommendations, anything I could to build a solid roster.

The first man I went after was someone who I’d seen a few times on the British independents, Alex Gold. The guy could go out there and give you a good match. He hadn’t really had much employment lately so when I gave him a call he didn’t hesitate to sign on to the AWA.

The second man was an opponent I’d seen Gold wrestling. These two would pair off against each other and give you a good match his name was Justin Richards. Another technical wrestler he hadn’t had much work either and was more than happy to sign on.

My third man was a recommendation from a close friend of mine who’s also in the business, he’s got a good little fed out there in America, but the name escapes me. Though this man isn’t English, he’s been living and working there the past ten years. He does a nice little supernatural gimmick I’m looking forward working with, he’s name is the Cryptkeeper!

After this another personal favourite of mine, a European man, Flash Christian signed on to the AWA. He’s got a cool little gimmick going for him and he has something with the fans. It’s also a heavy plus that he can put on a good match.

Next up was someone who reminded me of one of my favourite British wrestlers, PAC, his name was Spud. He wasn’t as fast as PAC, but he’s still fast little bugger. He’s doing the whole underdog gimmick which I think could work. It seems to transfer over well with the crowd.

While I was searching talent I came across somebody, his name was Simmons, I wasn’t a fan of the guy, but I saw he was teaming with someone named the Duke of Danger. First thing that struck me was his name, I saw a video of the guy and I was sure he could be a singles star. He jumped at the chance to go single and he was in the AWA.

Ross Jordan. I remember him from a while ago, while his connection with the crowd wasn’t fantastic he was putting on a good little match. He seemed like a guy you could rely on for a decent match, so I snatched this little fellow up.

Hopefully people will soon remember Santino Herbert. He’s been wondering the Indies for the last couple of years, I really see something with this guy. He’s getting great heal reactions from the crowds and I was more than happy to see him sign aboard.

Next up were a dynamic duo I couldn’t forget. They came off brilliantly strong and I always felt I could use them. Martin Stone and Stixx were there names, but I have no intention on using them as two bodyguard like type guys, oh no, you’re going to remember these two names. And both were very happy to sign on.

I’ve signed two more wrestlers since then, and I honestly I didn’t think I was going to sign either, and I’m more than delighted that I got both.

When I was thinking of a good British Promotion I though SOS, Sheamus O’Shaunessy, but he was unfortunately under a development deal with WWE. But as soon as I heard they released him in there ‘Autumn Cleanout’ I was quick to call him. He wasn’t going by a high price and was happy to come along to the AWA.

Now the next man is a man I never thought I’d get. Arguably one of the greatest new British wrestlers. I was able to get my hands on PAC. PAC wasn’t going by a high price, I mean he’s working for PWG but I couldn’t pass up on it. And I think with him still wanting to be at his true home, and now he can with the Athletic Wrestling Alliance.

So there you have it, there’s my roster. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention I will for now being acting as the on screen authority. I have some great things planned fro the AWA, and hopefully we’ll slowly build our way up. Tonight the rollercoaster starts. Tonight we get Welcomed to the Jungle!

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

Main Event

PAC vs. Spud

Flash Christian vs. The Duke of Danger

Martin Stone vs. Ross Jordan

Alex Gold vs. Justin Richards

PLUS: Special appearances from Santino Herbert, Stixx, Brandon Jay, Sheamus O’Shaunessy and Cryptkeeper!

I was very happy with the card to be honest. With our first show, I wanted to start things off with a bang. And hopefully Spud vs. PAC will be a highflying match to main event our first show. I did the logical thing pairing off Gold and Richards for a good match. The other two matches may make sense soon enough. I didn’t want to overload our card with matches, instead I want to introduce every character of this new promotion, so I’ll see how it goes.

Edited by Split Second

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THIS I am looking forward to!, I know all the guys you're using so it should be good fun to read this one. I SOOOO hope you manage to employ Jody Fleisch at some point too!

Main Event

PAC vs. Spud

- Pac all the way, the guy is one of the best spot monkey's in the business, Spud is fun too but PAC is a legit star in the making

Flash Christian vs. The Duke of Danger

- I've seen Flash on the game but Duke has a great gimmick...no Buttercup and Simmons tho!? Duke to go over with heel tactics

- Stone is a big bad mofo, Jordan is a skinny jobber who sells well.... Stone goes over

- Not familiar with Gold, I am with Justin though. But i get the feeling Gold will go over

Dude, I didn't know if you'd actually do it when you mentioned it a few weeks ago on MSN, but I'm glad you did. You're a very, very talented writer, and hopefully you'll show this :) Too bad AWA isn't a efed anymore...But life goes on.

You've got yourself a reader ;)

Tonight was the night. Tonight was the first event of the Athletic Wrestling Alliance. I knew the day would come, but I never REALLY believed it would happen. I was backstage at the theatre and I’m just about to direct the first show. The spirits in the locker room are high, thus I can’t complain. I heard we had around ninety fans out there, so I couldn’t complain. So without further ado I present to you Welcome to the Jungle!

Welcome to the Jungle

The commentators took their places ready to commentate for the DVD. But instead of grabbing the headset Joe Wheeler grabbed the microphone.

Joe Wheeler:

Hello ladies and gentleman, please welcome the owner of the Athletic Wrestling Alliance, BRANDON JAY!

Brandon Jay then came on from the side of the stage. He was welcomed by cheers by the fans. Brandon slips into the ring with a microphone in hand. He stands talk, looking out to the crowd.

Brandon Jay:

I never though this day would finally happen.

The fans cheer for Brandon’s meaningful words.

Brandon Jay:

Tonight the Athletic Wrestling Alliance is truly born! And you, you special ninety fans are here to witness it! I will never forget you ninety fans and I thank each and everyone one of you for coming here tonight.

All ninety fans let their voices be heard at these comments.

Brandon Jay:

With that out of the way let’s crack on to business. And it’s to do with our main prize the Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Title! This title belt will be up for grabs next month in a one night tournament in an event known as Royal Crowning! But tonight these wrestlers are going to prove to you what they can do in preparation for next month. Tonight, we enter the Jungle. So ladies and Gentleman, WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!!!!

The fans cheer even louder this time as Brandon Jay makes his exit and the event gets under way. 50%

These two had some good history between each other when they get into the ring together and tonight they bettered there other matches. The started with an old school lock up. Neither man could get the advantage so they both went on the offensive, Alex Gold arm dragged Richards, Richards got back to his feet and quickly arm dragged Gold. Gold got to his feet and they both went for a dropkick, they collided in mid air and then the crowd applauded as they had a stand off. The match went on with Gold taking control with some nice hard hitting moves, Richards then took the match back. Then both kept trading the control of the match, trading suplexes and various technical holds. The match started to heat up as the time limit drew closer and closer. Gold was desperate to lock in the Pure Gold Submission, and almost did if Richards hadn’t reversed it into a chicken wing crossface. Alex Gold hanged in there, as it looked like he was about to tap the ref called for the bell as a time limit had been served. The two had been at it for twenty minutes. To say the least Justin Richards wasn’t impressed, he was furious knowing a few seconds more would’ve surely meant victory. The ref told Richards to break the hold, but Richards let his frustration out on gold by enforcing the hold for another fifteen seconds before he left the ring, stomping off, leaving Gold in a heap. 41%

As Gold made his way to the back with the help of the referee a wrestler known as Santino Herbert made his way to the ring with a microphone in hand. He enters the ring and looks out to the crowd, looking disgusted. He dusts himself off before clearly speaking into the microphone.

Santino Herbert:

Hello my obviously adoring fans. Let me introduce myself to you. But first let me just tell you. Note this moment down, because it’s the time wrestling’s best kept secret makes his true debut. So let’s hear a thunderous applause for myself, the one, the only, the legend, Santino Herbert!

The fans response is loud, for sure. But it isn’t with cheers like Santino expected, it was with many boos.

Santino Herbert:

I hear you, I honestly do. I hear your thunderous cheers, I hear your moving reactions. But don’t tell it to me, tell it to Brandon Jay. I mean what’s the point in a ridiculous tournament you could crown the champion here and now. Am I right?

The crowd happily jeer at Santino.

Santino Herbert:

Just as I thought. You guys love me, you want me as your representing champion, and I’m happy to be it. Lets be honest here, I’m Santino Herbert and I’m bet-

The fans happily cheer as Santino is interrupted by no other than the ‘Irish Curse’ Sheamus O’Shaunessy! The Irish Curse walks straight into the ring and stands across from Santino.

Sheamus O’Shaunessy:

Please tell me you’re not serious. Like me, these people absolutely detest you. You act as if you’re better than everyone else. Well I’ll tell you where you can shove that attitude!

The fans cheer for the Irish Curse as he stands up to Santino!

Sheamus O’Shaunessy:

People don’t pay to watch people like you, they pay to watch people with real talent, and real potential. And sorry Herbert, but you don’t fit the outlines. You’re not gods gift to wrestling, you’ll be known for one thing, and one thing only. You’ll be known for being branded with the Irish Curse!

Santino then takes a swing at Sheamus, but it’s quickly blocked. The Irish Curse battles back with a few punches before clotheslining Santino over leaving himself tall in the ring while Santino staggers off. Sheamus stayed with the crowd for a few moments before making his way backstage. 47%

Next up a man fairly well known around the British Indies, Martin Stone, takes on Ross Jordan! Martin Stone, more of a tough man made his way out to the ring. Followed by the upbeat Ross Jordan. To be frankly honest with you it’d be a lie to say Ross Jordan got much offence in. In reality, he got little to none as he was pummelled by Martin Stone! Jordan looked like getting back into the match but he was met with a thunderous clothesline which sent him spiralling to the floor. Stone picked up the limp Jordan and drove him into the ground with a piledriver! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! And this one’s over! But Stone isn’t done yet, he picks up a broken Jordan and drives him into the ground one more time! Stone stands up and laughs, proud of what he’s done before walking off. 42%

Stone now marched to the back, leaving Jordan in the ring with only the referee to help Ross Jordan up. Jordan limps around the ring, still dazed from the attack. Jordan leans against the ropes before finally standing up in the centre of the ring. Suddenly the lights turn off and the arena is total black. Soon the lights come back on and Ross Jordan is laid out on the floor, our only clue is a spade with the bright black words, Cryptkeeper on it! The referee’s in shock, a road agent comes running out and they both help Jordan to the back. 21%

Duke of Danger vs. Flash Christian

Flash Christian came bouncing out to a good electrical response. The fans enjoyed his bouncing entrance, getting them clapping. But it was cut short by the obnoxious entry of Duke of Danger. He more or less silenced the crowd before getting in the ring with an irritated Flash. The Duke just laughs and Flash, but is instantly hit with a right hand to the delight of the ninety fans! Flash Christian went on to whip him against the ropes and as he came back The Duke was hit with a big back body drop. The duke was covered only for a two count. Christian was met with a poke in the eyes and The Duke took control with a high dropkick getting a very near three count. The Duke then hit a few suplexes and got a few pins before Flash Christian took back control to the delight of the crowd. Flash Christian hit a backbreaker before lifting him up in a flapjack and smashing his face against the turnbuckle. The Duke goes flying backwards as Flash Christian takes the opportunity and climbs to the top turnbuckle. Unfortunately he takes a second to long and The Duke is back up, he wobbles the ropes so that Flash falls down to the mat. The Duke of Danger takes his opportunity and picks him up to drop him with The Pleasant Plucker! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! The Duke gets to his feet and smirks at Flash and dusts himself off before spitting down in Flash’s eye. Duke of Danger then gets out of the ring and walks off smirking. 44%

With that match over it was now time for the main event. And hopefully it was going to going to impress. So here it is, the first main event in AWA history.

Main Event

PAC vs. Spud

Spud made an entrance to an above fair response, the lightweight slapped fans hands on his way to the ring. But then to the biggest response of the night the well known PAC made his way down to the ring. The fans cheered for both as the two shook hands ready to start the match. The tow start at a highflying pace with dropkicks and arm drags all over the place. PAC takes control bouncing off the ropes delivering a cross body. Pac then delivered a high knee to the chest before flipping Spud over with a thunderous DDT. After kicking out of a near three count Spud took control himself with big highflying moves, but missed his Spudsault. Both men got to their feet dazed when Martin Stone charged in and took both down with hard hitting clotheslines! The crowd booed as Martin Stone piledrived Spud into the ground and gave PAC a snap suplex who wouldn’t be forgetting. 46%

Martin Stone stands proud over the two fallen lightweights, he instantly calls for the microphone. His wish is the ring crew’s command as he’s given the microphone no doubt. Martin Stone makes it short and sweet.

Martin Stone:

Let me make this short and sweet for you. Stixx and Stone’s can break my bones, and they will bloody break you. Let me introduce to you, STIXX!!!!

Stixx, a man similar to Martin Stone makes his way to the ring with a smug look on his face, while he’s booed by the ninety fans.

Martin Stone:

You know what to do.

Stixx without saying a word just nods and grabs a table from under the ring. He slides it into the ring. PAC is getting to his feet but Stone hits him over the head with the microphone sending him back to the floor. Stixx sets up the table near to the turnbuckle. Stone picks PAC up and lays him on the table. Stixx went to the top rope while Stone got on the top of the table. Stone picks PAC to his feet carefully before picking him up in the piledriver position. Stixx comes off the top rope driving Pac’s feet down with a spike piledriver through the table!!!!!

Surely, they’d be done yet, but no. They both pick up Spud to his feet and deliver to him a thunderous double snap suplex leaving him in a heap. Stixx and Stone raise the others hand as they stand in the ring smirking as the crowd boo the hell out of them as we close off the show. 34%

Overall Show Rating: 39%

Wow man, really good first show all around. Yeah, as Horton said you are good. Kind of bummed to see your other diary go, but all the same, I'd much rather this one anyways. Because for the most part I, like Damo, have a policy of anti-WWE/TNA diaries of current day. Retro is ok, but back to the point. I like this concept, much, much more. I've seen those guys in the game, but had no clue who any of them were except for Cryptkeeper. I like Sheamus O'Shaunnessy's look a lot, but know nothing about him. Very well written first show, but to be honest, the name Welcome To the Jungle is pretty cliche for debut shows. But, all the same, it was still a good read and I like your characters a lot. I really can't wait to see how this all unfolds!

Interesting, I guess. I would have imagined that a small time British fed wouldn't have taken any full time imports, particularly ones that add little name or talent value to the shows. The Brits you do have are a very strange bunch, you've got Stone and SOS who are two of the top heavyweights in the country, Justin Richards, who was a big deal about ten years ago and is currently recovering from cancer, Duke of Danger who has worked about two matches in the last three years and some guys even I haven't heard of. Stixx and Stone should dominate your fed from what I can see, there is nobody on your roster that is really at their level as a team. Show seemed alright, nothing amazing, yet nothing terrible. I'll be interested in seeing how it all unfolds as the shows go on.

Good show man, really enjoyed that, reminds me of a budget FWA lol. Looks like Ross is the jobber to the... midcarders then but thats a good thing because he has all the charisma of a rock anyway. I can see Stone and SOS be your center pieces but only SOS has that star factor to him... as much as I hate the lisping ginger irish dork. Next month we see Stixx & Stone vs Spud & PAC which is bound to be the match of the night, so I'm looking forward to that man, keep it up!

P.S. You KNOW you want THE ONE AND ONLY! Jonny Storm!

Wow. It’s happened now. The Athletic Wrestling Alliance have had their first event, and I have to say I was very proud of what happened. I mean, ninety fans paid to see an opening promotion. And we’ll be back there next month when we present the Royal Crowning, where our first Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Champion will finally be crowned.

Also I was happy to see that we gained money last month. I mean, I put £100,000 into this promotion, and I’ve nearly made half of that. We have £45,000 more than we started with. I’ve been told our image has been rising in the eyes of the public. A friend of mine he’d rate us at around 9% which was pretty damn good after one show.

The workers seem to be very happy with the promotion so far, and I’m happy with them. I’ve got a lot to work with, and I don’t think I know quite how lucky I am. I mean I’ve got quite a few strong names in the promotion. And I hope to fully capitalize on this. I mean in our first event we’ve pretty much set the stage for our main event scene. I have no idea how long I expect it to last, but I see it going no longer than six months. With only a limited amount of workers I want to make the title as prestigious as I can. So I want to make this last.

But on the other hand I’ve got to keep things fresh in the under card, building stars to shoot for the title. So I’m going to busy working on how to do each of these things. Unfortunately there always seems to be one guy who’ll be taking losses. For now, it looks like it will be Ross Jordan. But things can change very quickly, and dedication and attitude are many attributes that can change things.

Funnily the AWA was an e-fed I used to run. Seems common eh? Well mine wasn’t legendary or anything, it just ran for a good year. We had some very loyal guys. Well after the show I was visited by an old fedder named Chip Horton. He expressed how good it was to see the AWA name going. He said he’d be at every show if he could make it. I told him I’d stay in touch and that was it. For now, anyway.

So I cracked down and started booking Royal Crowning, taking into the consideration of the next few events to follow. I also then had to choose a champion. After a while thinking, I’d made my mind up. Not just on my champion, but my event as a whole. I more or less had our next event mapped out to, which I was happy about. But Royal Crowning was going to be a tough event as there is no room for an extra segments, it’s all about the tournament. So here it is, Royal Crowning, taking place on the 25th of November.

Royal Crowning

The Re-Match

Tournament Match – Quarter Final

Santino Herbert vs. Flash Christian

Sheamus O’Shaunessy vs. Duke of Danger

PAC vs. Stixx

Spud vs. Martin Stone

Tournament Match – Semi Final

??? vs. ???

??? vs. ???

Main Event

Tournament Match –Final

Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Title

??? vs. ???

Who do YOU think will win the tournament?

Edited by Split Second

Nice update man. Glad to see you making money and succeeding. Hmmmm, no Cryptkeeper... Too bad, but I think you're prolonging his inevitable debut which will surely be awesome when it happens. Here's my predictions...

The Re-Match

-I'm excited to see this match, and hopefully it won't go to the time limit this time. I predict Richards takes it.

-I'm not much for Flash Christian, but I really dug the way Herbert came off so he's my pick here.

Sheamus O’Shaunessy vs. Duke of Danger

-Oh wow, tough one to call because I really liked the way you played off the Duke, but Sheamus is really your only guy with a good superstar look to him. It's basically a coinflip and a guess of S.O.S.

PAC vs. Stixx

-Stixx and Stone may be the team to beat in AWA, but PAC is seemingly your most over guy and your best worker too. PAC to go over, definately.

Spud vs. Martin Stone

Stone will squash Spud because he needs to stay menacing.

Santino Herbert vs. Sheamus O'Shaunessy

-These are just my guess playing off my round 1 picks. But, in this case S.O.S. goes over definately.

PAC vs. Martin Stone

-I think Stone will dominate this match, but PAC will come out on top in the end thus keeping both men credible.

Main Event

Tournament Match –Final

Sheamus O'Shaunessy vs. PAC

-This is actually a really tough choice too. Like I said, Sheamus has the look, but lacks the skill of PAC who is your biggest star. So, I think PAC will leave as champ!

Here’s your feedback mate ;)

- Well written for what seems like a fairly even match, can’t say I have any problems with it whatsoever. I’ve never heard of any of the people in this diary really, besides PAC and Spud, and to a lesser extent Martin Stone, but every character seems interesting nonetheless.

Santino Herbert/Shamus O’Shaunessy segement

- All I can say is that you’ve written well for SOS, as I have no clue at all who Santino Herbert is, he seems to be quite interesting anyway, and it’ll be cool the way you go with these two.

- I’ve never heard of Jordan, but to be honest, I didn’t see him going over stone. Well written for a squash match, hopefully Stone is going places.

The Cryptkeeper

- Man this guy is going to be awesome, I can tell that much already. Maybe he’ll be like a Heel Undertaker type character, but whatever, he seems awesome as hell and I can’t wait for him to debut.

Flash Christian vs. Duke of Danger

- Both characters have me highly interested. And with the botched finish, a nice little feud could develop here. All in all, the match was written well.

”The Man that Gravity Forgot” PAC vs. Spud

- I don’t watch much RQW any more, so rarely see this in real, but oh how I wish I could. Your version though was top notch, and very well written. It’s awesome that that drew, as I couldn’t have picked a winner for that match anyway.

Stixx and Stone

- All that can be said is awesome. They look great as a team, and if you write this well for them on a weekly basis, you’ll keep my ass glued to my seat.

Royal Crowning

With ninety four fans in attendance this time, the show was ready to get underway. Joe Wheeler gave the signal and the show was officially on the way. The crowd didn’t know what to make of Ross Jordan as he stumbled out to the ring, looking both way, scared of what happened last week. Someone from the crowd shouts at him and he screams in fright. He backs up and hits the steel stairs he turns round quickly looking at them before finally getting into the ring with a microphone in hand. He timidly gets to his feet and looks out to the crowd all hunched up.

He takes the microphone and is about the speak into in when all of a sudden the lights go out. Soon they come back on and Ross Jordan is crunched up in a ball, not hurt, but scared. He slowly gets up trembling and looks over to the corner where I spade lay. On it says the words ‘Cryptkeeper vs. Ross Jordan Next Month’. Ross Jordan takes the spade in his hands and stares wide eyed at it. He takes out of the ring with him as he exits. He holds it as a weapon and exits the ring and holding it just in case Cryptkeeper appears Jordan exits slowly. 26%

After that the rest of the show continues like it should, first up in the event is our only non tournament match as Justin Richards takes on Alex Gold.

The two both made their way to the ring with a bit of bad blood in the air after Richards refused to break the lock on Alex Gold last week. Neither man wants a draw, so expect something good. The two locked horns in a test of strength. Neither man could get the advantage so Richards kicked Gold in the stomach. Richards tried to take control but Gold took him down with a big suplex! Alex Gold locked in an armbar which was soon reversed into one of Richards own. Richards started to deliver elbows to the face of Gold and quickly swept him down for the pin. One! Two!! Kickout!!!

Richards picks Gold to his feet and whips him into the turnbuckle he tries to follow up with a clothesline but Gold flapjacks him into the turnbuckle, Richards turns around to be nailed with a DDT! One! Two!! Kickout!!! Gold then tries to lock in his pure gold submission but is kicked away by Richards Gold accidentally falls into the ref, who bumps into the turnbuckle, fo0r the second the ref is healing Richards low blows Gold and rolls him up. ONE! TWO!! THREE!!!!

Richards gets up and gets out of the ring, as Gold looks up at him and Richards just laughs at him as he makes his exit. Gold gets up slowly afterward and makes his exit to some applause. 42%

Santino came out to a fair few boos after his arrogance last week. Flash Christian came bouncing out to a good reaction. The bell sounded and the two started their match off. Flash Christian started on the offence. With a few punches, but really got going after a beautiful high dropkick which floored Santino. Flash got a near two count before getting poked in the eyes.

Santino delivered a nice suplex before whipping Flash against the ropes before hitting him with a big clothesline, Santino then delivers a few punches before hitting a whiplash effect Neckbreaker of Flash. ONE! Two!! T-Kickout!!!

Santino lifts Flash, but he suddenly finds a new light in himself going on the offence. Goes on the offence with various knees to the guts before hitting the TKO!!! The fans cheer as Flash gets to his feet and indicates going to the top rope, but as he looks out ward from the ring he sees Duke of Danger on the stage, the Duke is met with boos, while Flash is turned around and met with a Santino Siesta! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!!

Santino gets out of ring proud of his win, he looks up at Flash, who’s now eliminated from the quest to the Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Title. Duke of Danger just smiles as he watched Santino exit. The Duke makes his way around the ring as he watches Flash leave, obviously upset. He decides against starting a fight with the Duke right now and leaves. 41%

Duke of Danger vs. Sheamus O’Shaunessy

Duke of Danger was already in the ring waiting for Sheamus O’Shaunessy. To the delight of the crowd The Irish Curse makes his way to the ring. As soon as he gets in the Duke jumps him. The Duke lays punches on Sheamus and then a knee to the gut, he wraps Sheamus in front face lock. But Sheamus backfires sending the Duke over the top rope, The Duke hangs onto the top rope and balances on the apron. HE tries to shoulder Sheamus in the stomach but is met with a knee to the face as the Duke tumbles to the floor outside.

The fans go crazy as Sheamus bounces off the ropes and goes flying over the top rope with a suicide dive nailing the Duke! The crowd cheers as he rolls back into the ring, he follows him but the Duke hits him well a punch to the stomach. The Duke kicks up hitting Sheamus in the face, he falls back against the turnbuckle and The Duke follows up with a clothesline to bull dog combo.

Duke of Danger then picks SOS up and drops him with a DDT! One! Two!! Kickout!! Duke of Danger then picks SOS to his feet and is quickly met with a big punch sending the Duke reeling to the ropes. As he looked out he saw Flash Christian standing there smiling. The Duke looks at him in disgust but is confused when Flash points behind him, he looks round in curiosity to be nailed with The Irish Curse! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!!

SOS looks proud now that he’s through into the next round. He exits the ring and looks at Flash knowing he’s had his revenge. Duke of Danger looks up at Flash, Flash just smiles before exiting. The Duke smashes the mat in anger before walking out of the arena. 46%

PAC vs. Stixx

Next up PAC makes his way out to the biggest reaction so far tonight. He gets in to the ring and waits for his opponent tonight. Stixx makes his way out to a very cold reaction from what he did last week. The bell rings and the two lock up, but to tell you the truth it was a no contest in this lock up, Stixx pushed PAC right back into the turnbuckle. He follows it up with a big punch. But PAC dodges the next punch and delivers a quick dropkick to the knee. Stixx is sent down into the middle turnbuckle as PAC keeps on with the quick assault.

PAC continues with some quick high flying moves but as bounced off the ropes he was met with a clothesline, he might of well have run into a brick wall! Stixx proceeds to beat on PAC delivering some thundering moves ending it off with spike crunching spinebuster! One! Two!! Kickout!!!!

Stixx picked PAC to his feet, but he got a punch in before bouncing off the middle rope and flipped round with a tornado DDT! PAC surprised Stixx ONE! TWO!! THREE!!!!!!! PAC rolls of Stixx surprised at the quick win as Stixx is on the ground smashing the mat in shock. 51%

Martin Stone vs. Spud

While this match hadn’t started everything was about to lead up to it. As PAC exited from the ring he was blindsided by Martin Stone whom took him out from behind with a clothesline. Stone started to lay the boots to PAC but Spud came springing out a flung himself at Stone sending him to the floor, he got to his feet only to be punched by Stixx of whom had just got out of the ring hen then whipped him into the steel post. Stixx was turned around by Pac to be meant with a punch and a kick, the two continued to brawl up the ramp way and to the back.

Martin Stone and Spud both got to their fight and both rolled into the ring and the bell sounded. Stone threw a punch at Spud, but he ducked it and kept running bouncing off the ropes and coming off with a cross body, which was caught. Stone tried to turn it into a spinning side slam, but Spud escaped and dropkicked him in the mouth.

Spud tried to keep up the offence but Stone just outweighed him with power. Stone was on the offence he laid into Spud with punch after punch. Stone then set Spud up for the piledriver, but Spud flipped himself up and delivered a hurricanrana! Spud crawls over for the pin! One! Two!! Th-Kickout!!!

Spud gets to his feet and hops to the top rope, he perches himself watching Stone, Stone gets to his feet and Spud fly’s off head first towards him in a cross body style jump, but Stone maunvers himself and somehow caught Spud and drops him in a piledriver!!!!!!! ONE! TWO!!!!! THREE!!!!!!!

Martin Stone stands tall as he laughs and looks down at the fallen Spud. He smiles and exits the ring leaving the referee to help Spud to the back. 44%

Sheamus O’Shaunessy vs. Santino Herbert

Sheamus O’Shaunessy makes his way out to the ring for the second time tonight for the first semi final. Out next comes his rival Santino Herbert to a heated reaction. The bell sounded and the two locked up, you could feel the tension in the air. Sheamus and Santino battled each other in punches but Santino turned it dirty when he poked him in the eyes and pushed him back against the ropes and clotheslined him over, Santino going over to. When the two got to their feet the referee was at the two count on the count out, but the two took no notice, the two continued throwing punches at the other brawling up the rampway. The referee got to the count at five when they got to the top of the ramp. When Sheamus and Santino started kicking at each other and throwing elbows in a brawling match. The two thought about getting back to the ring but the fight was in full swing now, soon the referee called for the bell and the match was technically over, but this fight wasn’t. Two men came running back from backstage to hold the two apart, both were about to break free when an unknown man came out onto the stage with a microphone in hand. 54%

The man himself stood tall and positioned himself in between where SOS and Santino where held.

???:

Well, well, well. What do we have here? We have two wrestlers acting like animals. They have no respect for the rules put in for them! None at all! It’s disrespectful! It’s disgusting! And who am I to say that? I am Dean Ayass, your new acting authority. You want answers, you answer to me!

Dean Ayass:

Forgot that fool Brandon Jay the ‘owner’ of the Athletic Wrestling Alliance. He’s not even the true owner. If you’re any kind of wrestling fan you would’ve heard by now, Jim Crockett got interested in the AWA. While he doesn’t own the company, he gave the AWA his blessings. But he needed a change to be made, he got that whimpering woman off the AWA and put a REAL man in charge, a man with responsibilities, and knows how to act appropriately!

Looks to me like we have ourselves a draw here, after these two…animals threw out the rules. Now we could re-start the match, but I’m here to make the lesson sink in! Both of you two are disqualified from this title chase. You got that?

So I guess that makes the main event PAC vs. Martin Stone for the Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Title. Unlucky gentleman, better luck next time.

You don’t mess with the boss, and at the moment your boss is me! And you respect MY rules! You respect my wrestling ring so learn from this, or FEEL MY WRATH!

Dean Ayass exits the stage leaving fans and the two wrestlers shocked. Santino is lead into the back first with SOS being restrained from attacking him, finally the stage is cleared for the main event! 53%

Tournament Match – Final

PAC vs. Martin Stone

The referee held up the Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Title above his head indicating the final match was next, or he really, really wanted to see what it was like to be champion. PAC came out to an amazing response from the crowd, while his opponent Martin Stone, did not! The crowd cheered for PAC as the opening bell went. Stone and Pac locked up, Stone pushed him back near the turnbuckle, but PAC tripped him up sending him into the top turnbuckle. As he came out groggy he was met with a dropsault! Quick pin, ONE! TWO!! KICKOUT!!!

PAC tried to take control of the match but was just out done by power. Stone threw him around the ring like a rag doll delivering suplexes and such. He was scoring close two counts, but nothing was working for him. He got PAC in the piledriver position but PAC somehow flipped Stone over him and covered him, ONE! TWO!! THR-KICKOUT!!! Pure shock factor nearly got him the three count.

PAC got to his feet as did Stone and now PAC had a new fire lit under him PAC was flying all around the place getting moves in wherever he could then he a match changing tornado DDT! But the problem was while spinning around he kicked the referee straight in the face sending him down. But the adrenaline pump he was getting kept PAC from noticing he went to the top rope and posed for the crowd getting ready for his 630 Splash when Stixx came running down the rampway with a chair, PAC didn’t notice as he was cracked over the back with the chair once, PAC slid down on the turnbuckle, he cracked in on his back again, this time PAC went flying down to the floor only to be caught by Stone and driven into the ground with a piledriver!!!!!! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!!!!! AND MARTIN STONE WAS THE NEW ATHLETIC WRESTLING HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!

Stixx slid into the ring as Stone was handed his belt. They started laying the boots to PAC presumably in some celebration. But spud came charging down into the ring with a steel chair in hand. HE slid into the ring and smashed Stixx over the head with it, Stone took his chance to roll out of the ring as Spud stood tall in the ring. He helped PAC to his feet and the two stared Stone down as the show ended. 56%

Overall Rating: 49%

Edited by Split Second

Good second show, and I was actually surprised to see Stone take the belt. It seemed like he would have been in the tag scene with Stixx for a while, but then again, lots of people who actually know UK wrestling say you could build your fed around him, so you did. Godo work man. I really did kind of think PAC would walk away as your first champ, but you surprised me. Good job man! Keep it up!!

Good stuff man, I'm glad the title didn't go to PAC or Spud, they're too small to be believable without a good run of results to build up steam. As I predicted Stixx or Stone would be the center piece and it's cool to see Stone take the strap.

Can't wait for Cryptkeeper vs Ross Jordan lmfao... hard to predict huh lol

I was pissed. I was very pissed off at this point in time. Granted, we just held a hell of an event! I mean the Royal Crowing was a really well played out event. But I had everything planned out for our next event Jingle Bell Blitz. I was very happy was the card, I was very happy with everything that was meant to happen. But one man has perhaps ruined the in ring debut of The Cryptkeeper. Ross tested positive for steroids, and I did what I was supposed to do, I fired him on the spot. Steroids are not allowed in the Athletic Wrestling Alliance, and they never will be!

Now I’ve had to jump into action and I’ve found a replacement. I don’t know if he has a long term future here, but he can cut a decent promo and that’s what I needed to make Cryptkeeper’s replacement worthy enough to still make them pop for Cryptkeeper who we’ve been building up for a while. His name is Jeremy Vengeance and I have an idea for his gimmick.

On top of this I’ve also signed another British wrestler to spice up one of the current feuds, he’ll also be debuting at Jingle Bell Blitz, so look out for him.

But on a happier note, Royal Crowing was a success and I’m very happy with my choice for champion. Martin Stone makes a fin dominant champion. And while PAC is definitely getting the best crowd reactions he’ll be much better chasing the belt, then defending it. Plus it’s always in the back of my mind, with his recent success in the states he may not stick around in AWA forever. But I’m happy with all the little feuds going on, while our main event is solid. I’ve happily got the next few months planned out, like I like to. I want to add something new to every feud, and I hope to do that. So, without further ado, here’s our December event, Jingle Bell Blitz.

Sunday the 23rd of December

Jingle Bell Blitz

Main Event

PAC and Spud vs. Stixx and Stone

Royal Crowning Fall Out

Santino Herbert vs. Sheamus O’Shaunessy

Royal Crowning Fallout

Cryptkeeper’s Debut

Cryptkeeper vs. Jeremy vengeance

Third Time’s a Charm

PLUS: The Debut of a mystery wrestler.

Edited by Split Second

Jingle Bell Blitz

The show was about to start, we had about ninety four fans out there tonight, that was nice. Tonight was going to be a good night, I could just feel it. So without further ado, here is Jingle Bell Blitz!

Third Time’s a Charm

The show started out with the same match it had done for the past two events, with Alex Gold vs. Justin Richards. The stipulation being if Gold lost this encounter he would in fact not be able to challenge of face Richards again for at least six months. So when Gold came out the fans were fairly behind him, and gave a fair little bit of heat to Richards. The bell sounded and the match was starting. The two locked up with neither man being able to take advantage, Richards kicked Gold in the stomach before planting him on the mat with an arm drag. Richards held Gold down with an armbar. But Gold soon rolled out it and put in an arm lock on Richards. Richards soon got out of it and the two were trading punches. Richards was then met with a kick to the stomach and Gold delivered a suplex followed by a close two count. Gold continued on the offence until Richards took the advantage back after a poke in the eyes. He delivered a back suplex holding in for the pin only to get a two count. Richards soon tried to set Gold up in The Crossface Chicken Wing submission, but Gold turned round and gave Richards a quick fisherman suplex holding in for the pin! One! Two!! Three!!! And Gold had done it. He stood up victorious, but as soon as he had he was blindsides by Justin Richards out there for revenge after his loss. After stomping on Gold Richards decided to make his way out of the ring and up the rampway. 44%

Alex Gold:

Justin! Justin! Turn your arse around!

Richards was about to leave when he stopped by the voice of Alex Gold. As Richards turned back, Alex Gold was just on his feet with a microphone in hand.

Alex Gold:

What the hell was that all about? Couldn’t you accept that I beat you in a bloody match? Obviously not! But you know what they say, third time’s a charm.

Richards looks slightly annoyed at Gold’s comments

Alex Gold:

Looks to me like we drew in our first match, you cheated to win one, and I cleanly won this one tonight. But I’m truly bored of not knowing who the better wrestler is. So I’ll tell you what Justin, how about this, Alex Gold vs. Just Richards at Revenge Never Rests in a two out of three falls match, where we finally find who the better wrestler is!

Richards takes it all in and just stares at Gold.

Alex Gold:

So what’s it going to be? Or are you afraid? Or are you just to bloody afraid!

Richards just looks at Gold before shouting down at him.

Justin Richards:

“It’s on!”

Gold just stares at Richards, before Richards exits. Gold gives back the microphone before making his way up the ramp to an ovation from the crowd. 25%

The fans instantly boo as new authority Dean Ayass makes his way up the rampway and into the ring. He smiles, making the fans jeers become even louder. He straitens his black suit out before being handed a microphone. He takes his time before finally talking.

Dean Ayass:

Hello AWA fans, as you well know this is Jingle Bell Blitz. It’s Christmas in two days time, and what a day of joy it is. Unfortunately for you, I won’t be in your stockings! And you won’t be getting the kind of presents I’m getting, the rich expensive gifts that only the best, people like me, can in fact afford. But seeing this event is probably most of you are getting for Christmas anyway!

Bust I’ve got two Christmas presents in the form of events tonight. But tonight Christmas is coming early for either PAC, Spud, Martin Stone or Stixx. Because whoever gets the pin in our main event tonight will be earning an Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight title shot. If it happens that Martin Stone wins he will have the night off next month, and you will be deprived of seeing this glorious champion!

And now for my second gift, Christmas came early for this superstar who got signed because of the steroid abusing Ross Jordan of whom we’ve official fired. Luckily for this next superstar he will take on Cryptkeeper as Jordan replacement. He could really cement himself as a superstar by defeating the long awaited Cryptkeeper. So without further ado, I present to you, JEREMY VENGEANCE!

As Jeremy’s music hit, Dean Ayass got out of the ring and met Jeremy half way shaking his hand and handing him the microphone. Dean gave him a pat on the back as Jeremy made his way into the ring. He did and he stood tall as the fans watched, not knowing what to think of him.

Jeremy Vengeance:

Well is that it? Your savior comes to the AWA and that’s the reaction I get, sometimes I have no idea why I bother!

The fans now know what to think of him and start to boo him.

Jeremy Vengeance:

Fine then! Be like that! I don’t care, because when I beat Cryptkeeper tonight and take him to the depths of hell I’ll command your respect. The Cryptkeeper is nothing, NOTHING you hear me! I could beat him easily, he’s some Halloween wan bee. If you’re listening Cryptkeeper, get out here now. Or are you to sca-

All of sudden the lights turns out and Vengeance stops talking completely. All of sudden the lights turn back on and in the middle of the ring the Cryptkeeper is there and he has hand around Vengeance’s throat. Then to the crowd’s delight he gives him a big chokeslam! 55%

Cryptkeeper’s Debut

Cryptkeeper vs. Jeremy Vengeance

The referee rings the bell and as soon as he’s done that Cryptkeeper is making the cover. ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! The crowd love it as Vengeance is no longer running his mouth. Cryptkeeper gets to his feet and looks down at Vengeance and the crowd cheer their approval so he picks Vengeance up and drops him with a huge chokeslam! The crowd are still cheering as he looks up into them. The lights go off again and when they come back on neither Cryptkeeper or Vengeance are in the ring. The crowd are left in confusion, as the rest of the show carries on. 29%

Grudge Match

Next up was a match which had been brewing from the first ever AWA card as Flash Christian was taking on the obnoxious Duke of Danger. Flash Christian came out to a fairly good pop from the crowd, but when The Duke came out he had a little more heat on him. The bell sounded and these two were about to lock up when Duke backed claiming he wasn’t ready. They go for it again, but Duke does the same thing. When he’s ready they go in for the lock up for a third time, but once again the Duke back away, with that Flash lunges and hits The Duke with a punch to the mouth! Flash took on the early offence and got the crowd clapping as he hit a very well performed dropkick sending The Duke over the top rope. Flash followed up with a plauncha to the outside nailing The Duke. Flash rolls him back in the ring and scores a two count. Flash picked Christian up buy The Duke kicked him, he then low blowed Flash right in front of the referee, but disguised it by instantly picking him up and dropping him with a gutbuster. One! Two!! Kickout!!! Duke keeps control of Flash until Flash makes a come back starting with a high crossbody. He then nails him with an enzaguri. Flash sets up for the TKO, but Duke back kicks him where it hurts, right in front of the ref who instantly calls for the bell. The Duke smiles over the fallen Flash and shouts at him. “I’ve got a surprise for you next event!” The Duke exits the arena while the referee helps Flash to the back. 47%

Grudge Match #2

Santino Herbert vs. Sheamus O’Shaunessy

Up next was the cowering Santino Herbert taking on one of the fan favorites, Sheamus O’Shaunessy came out to a very healthy response from the crowd while the cowardly Santino got a good response as well. The bell sounded and the two went to lock up, Sheamus got the advantage back him into the corner and hitting him with a chop before hitting him with a clothesline. Sheamus got Santino to his feet and shot him into the ropes. And when he came back, Sheamus was very happy to give him a big back body drop. Sheamus controlled the match for a little longer, before Santino finally started to get back on his feet. Santino hit a few punches before drilling Sheamus with a DDT, Santino tried to take control but SOS battled back really picking up the pace. Sheamus was gaining momentum, when he picked Santino up and swung him around before slamming him down with a spinning side slam, but as he was spinning, the referee was knocked down. The crowd started to boo to see the referee down, Sheamus picked Santino up and was ready to drop him with The Irish Curse, when an unknown wrestler snuck into the ring and him in the back with a chair, this wrestler then picked SOS up and dropped him with the South City Driller, and Santino made the cover. The wrestler woke the referee up and he made the count. ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! Santino had done it, only with the help from this wrestler. 56%

Just then Santino got up and snatched a microphone off one of the ring crew and stood next to the wrestler.

Santino Herbert:

Sheamus O’Shaunessy, you underestimated me. You should have eyes in the back of your head if you want to be as good as you think you are. But you should have seen this man coming, this man, named HADE VANSAN!

Vansan takes the microphone off Santino.

Hade Vansan:

So this is the Athletic Wrestling Alliance, huh? Well I have to say I’m not to impressed by the talent, or maybe it’s just because I’m that good. But Sheamus, I advise you to leave England right now and bugger back off to Ireland. Because Santino Herbert and Hade Vansan will be dominating the AWA from now on, and we hope not to see you in our way!

Vansan chucks the microphone back down on the floor as Vansan and Santino leave, smiling at Sheamus, who’s still down. 33%

Main Event

Winner gets an Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Title Shot

PAC and Spud vs. Stixx and Stone

And now it was time for the main event of Jingle Bell Blitz, where Christmas would come early for one of these wrestlers. PAC and Spud came out to really great responses, the best of the night, while their opponents came out to the best heat. PAC and Stone started the match out, and Stone instantly pushed him into the corner, PAC dodged the up coming punches and Stone was met with some kicks. PAC shot off the ropes and came back with a cross body but was caught, he wriggled himself out of it and delivered a standing dropkick. He quickly tagged in Spud he bounced off the ropes and dropkicked Stone while PAC swept his legs. Spud got a close two count. But it didn’t take long for Stone’s weight advantage to kick in, and he pummeled down Spud before eventually tagging in Stixx, who continued the assault. Stixx delivered a nasty suplex and beat on him pretty bad before tagging back to Stone, who delivered a big belly to belly suplex. But soon Spud caught Stone with a dropkick and struggled over to PAC, but just couldn’t make the tag as Stone was already on his case, beating him down. He tagged Stixx back in, but he was caught by a surprise hurricanrana and to the crowds delight was able to tag in PAC he stormed the wrong delivering a dropkick to Stixx and an incoming Stone. PAC dropkicked Stone out of the ring and drove Stixx to the mat with a tornado DDT! ONE! TWO!! THR-KICKOUT!!! PAC then went to the top rope, but on the outside Stone pulled his leg, crouching him on the turnbuckle. Stixx quickly tagged in Stone who went to the top rope with PAC to deliver a superplex, but he didn’t expect to be pushed to the mat by PAC. As PAC stood up the turnbuckle Spud ran across the ring and jumped over the ropes nailing Stixx with a clothesline. PAC then delivered a hug 630 SPLASH! ONE!!!! TWO!!!! THREE!!!!!! PAC WAS THE NUBMER ONE CONTENDER!!!!!

PAC and Spud made their way up the ramp way, neither being selfish about the win and they hugged looking back at Stixx and Stone. The show ended with PAC motioning for the belt. 50%

Good show man. I liked the Gold/Richards segment, and it looks like the feud will continue which is pretty cool.

I was excited about the debut of the Cryptkeeper too! His debut was convincing and made him come across immediately as a monster, that's cool. I loved how he just won the match within seconds. Hade Vansen making his debut is a good move, he's a good worker and it should be interesting to see the feud with SOS there. The main event was very nice, good move making PAC the new number one contender by pinning the champ already, but I don't think he'll walk out with the belt next month when it comes down to it. Definately looking forward to seeing more of this man!

Fuck Jim Crockett! This was actually ridiculous. It’s fine that he wanted to be a part of the Athletic Wrestling Alliance. I was pleased to say the least. But he’s gone and hired somebody that we DON’T need. He’s gone and hired someone who’s going to help me book the show. One, I don’t need some one to c-book with, two this guy is a total and utter douche. I thought Jim would’ve known better, honestly. Obviously not.

At that moment that exact man burst through the door. He was fairly tall man, he was dressed posh in an expensive suit. He held a briefcase in one hand and a contract in the other hand. He slammed the contract next to me on the table and pulled up a seat next to me. He put his briefcase on the table and opened it up revealing plenty of papers. I just looked at him, he ignored the look.

“Hello Mr. Jay, my name is Jason Gosling, now assistant booker of the Athletic Wrestling Alliance. I already know who you are so no need to brag about yourself in the introduction.” Jason spoke with a little bit of spite in his voice. I just brushed it off.

“It’s nice to meet you, Jason.” I slowly told him.

“Mr. Gosling, please.” He quickly came back.

“Well Mr. Gosling, as you can see everything in the AWA is falling into place, I think everything fits nicely.”

“Oh no, I do not agree. I’ve seen the script you’ve written for Revenge Never Rests, and my god, are you mad? You’ve got some ridiculous booking ideas on there.”

“Excuse me?”

“I mean, what the hell is this all about? You’ve Martin Stone going over PAC in our main event. I mean our fans want to see PAC win, I want to see PAC win, so by vote PAC should win.”

“Is this some kind of joke?” I asked in all honestly.

“No. I mean, WHY, would we have Martin Stone go over?” He asked.

“This is his first defence of the belt, he loses this it makes the title look worthless, and it would almost destroy Stone’s character.” I replied with some passion.

“Yeah but they want to see PAC win.”

“Then PAC’s doing a good job out there then…”

“But we have to give the fans what they want.” He persisted.

“And then the promotion wouldn’t go anywhere…”

He gasps quickly.

“You’re doubting our fans?”

“No, I just know the simple logic of wrestling.”

“PAC’s going over.”

“No he’s not.”

“Let’s let Jim decide.”

I sighed. I couldn’t be bothered to argue, the less time this meeting went on, the better. “Fine.”

“Good. Anyway, there’s a clause in my contract which allows me to bring in one wrestling character to the AWA.”

WHAT! I didn’t say this out load, but I’d never heard of this before. The AWA was completely booked.

“I'm not sure we can fit one in.”

“We can and will." He demanded.

I just nodded, there was no point fighting, if it was written, it was written.

“Well this character, he’d be dressed up in a suit and tie and carry a briefcase around everywhere…”

This sounded familiar.

“He’d be a heel, and his gimmick would be that he’s a lawyer, threatening any wrestler at any turn the character could be brilliant.”

“You should play the character.” I joked.

His eyes widened at this.

“You know what, I have some wrestling training, that’s a fantastic idea, I heard you were good. I’ll inform Jim, Jason Gosling will start at Revenge Never Rests. Superb idea, I’ve got to go now, bye.”

I snapped up his briefcase and left me in utter shock. I simple joke had led to this mad man becoming a wrestler, unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it. My face slipped into my hands, as I re wrote the Revenge Never Rests script.

Revenge Never Rests

Sunday the 27th January 2008, doors open at seven o’clock, the event starts at half past seven.

Main Event

Martin Stone © vs. PAC

Number one contender to the Athletic Wrestling Heavyweight Title

Stixx vs. Spud

Had Vansan W/Santino Herbert vs. Sheamus O’Shaunessy

Duke of Danger picks the opponent

Flash Christian vs. ???

Two out of Three Falls

Justin Richards vs. Alex Gold

PLUS: Cryptkeeper, Jeremy Vengeance and the debut of Jason Gosling!

Edited by Split Second

Wow, the New Year just passed and so much happened, it’s unreal. There was wrestling shake ups, and so much more, just over the start of 2008. With the new year came the annual top one hundred, no one from the Athletic Wrestling Alliance made the cut, but I’m certain next year that perhaps one or two of our stars will make the cut, hopefully, anyway.

But the first news I heard was the first promotion went under since AWA had popped up. After a few failed events, and turning fans away due to show cancellations ECWA went under. On some odd website it showed me that AWA was the lowest promotion out of 35, but now it’s out of 34. But to be honest, I didn’t care. Sadly, ECWA never performed a send off show leaving all their fans thoroughly disappointed.

But then I was very surprised to see a big creative shake up within the WWE, so much so that two wrestlers were so outraged they did not resign their WWE contracts. The two superstars I mentioned were The Boogeyman, who to be fair wasn’t doing anything worthwhile in the WWE at the time, but the next wrestler was. Edge did not resign with the WWE when offered a new contract as he despised the way the company was going. But surprisingly enough TNA have not picked him up yet, Edge is earning high money on the independents having a fantastic match with AJ Styles at a UPW show.

But perhaps a fantastic pleasure for me, I was offered a job at SHW, it told me I was doing a good job at the AWA, or they were in real need. It was a good offer, I had a lot more money to spend, but I didn’t even give it a second thought, I turned the offer down to stick with my project, to stick with Britain! We had a fair bit of time before Revenge Never Rests and I was still pushing to Jim to get my script to go ahead for the show, but we’ll see.

Gosling wants a nice big push, thinking his character has high and true potential, after meeting him, and for our rosters sake I hope this push doesn’t go through. I have no idea how to use him yet, so I’ll just go along with whatever springs to mind, hopefully, not much.

Well Revenge Never Rests should be an event to remember.

Wow I'm surprised I didn't see you updated the diary, I must have just missed it. Sorry mate.

Main Event

Martin Stone © vs. PAC

-Too early for Stone to lose the belt just yet. Even if PAC is being pushed to win the belt, it is too early.

Stixx vs. Spud

Spud takes the win. You wouldn't want Stixx and Stone doing battle for the belt!

Had Vansan W/Santino Herbert vs. Sheamus O’Shaunessy

-SOS. I like him, I just dig the look. Gotta go with the ginger head man!

Flash Christian vs. ???

I sure hope this is the debut of the Cryptkeeper! If not, I predict it to be Gosling. Either way, Flash loses.

Two out of Three Falls

The feud continues! I just for some reaon like Justin Richards a bit more, gotta go with him..

I think it's rad that Crockett is part of your company, I was a big fan of his. I look forward to seeing if you use a bit of old school style because of who he is and whatnot.

My bad man, much like Bud I never saw the update. Gotta say I'm loving the character developement you're adding in now. Jason Gosling is a total prick lmao

Main Event

Martin Stone © vs. PAC

- I'm not sure who to go with after Gosling bitched... I'm going to stay with Martin Stone, because I don't see Pac as a genuine threat to the title.

Stixx vs. Spud

- Hmmm, this will determine the outcome of the main event but because I went with Stone, I'm guessing Spud gets a HUGE upset here.

Hade Vansan W/Santino Herbert vs. Sheamus O’Shaunessy

- SOS gets screwed via Santi-nterferance! Strange though cuz I don't like any of these guys but Santino lol

Flash Christian vs. ???

- I'm guessing the mystery opponent goes over here

Two out of Three Falls

- Alex Gold goes over, Justin just doesn't have "it"