Incoming: It's nearly 2008

YI

Unite music whores...what are you looking forward to?

CONFIRMED/'PRETTY MUCH' DEFINATES

"Land Of The Freaks" by Freak Kitchen

"???" by Death Cab For Cutie

"Acoustic EP" by Strike Anywhere (Reworking parts of old songs into new acoustic songs...should be boss)

"???" by The Postal Service

"???" by Death By Stereo

"???" by Pulley

"???" by Jack's Mannequin

"Fortress" by Protest The Hero

"???" by Pennywise

"???" by Alkaline Trio

"???" by Zero To Sixty

"Lucky" by Nada Surf

"???" by Paint It Black (Originally meant to be out this year...doesn't look likely)

"???" by Rise Against

"???" by LaGrecia

"The Bedlam In Goliath" by Mars Volta

"???" by Iron Orchestra

"???" by Blackpool Lights

"???" by Chris Walla

MAYBE'S

"???" by The Lawrence Arms

"???" by Hot Water Music

SHOWS (Only first two 'definates'):

Reel Big Fish (w/Streetlight Manifesto)

Jimmy Eat World

Hundred Reasons

Plain White T's

There's gonna be a shitload of stuff I find, or have forgotten/don't know about. But still. Could be a good year for punk-rock. DBS, with basically their original line-up. Zero To Sixty have Denis Buckley and Mr Precision from 88 Fingers Louie, and the demo tunes are shit hot, I'm expecting something great. New Pulley will be great. New Protest will be swank. Alk3 always deliver. Pennywise/Rise Against should be fun too. Paint It Black will melt my face off. I love ANYTHING Dan Yemin touches. Lifetime, Armalite, Kid Dynamite, Paint It Black. His vocal work is amazing, and he only gets to showcase it in PIB.

Then there's Death Cab...who have 6 songs done. I seriously cannot wait for that to drop. I'm hoping The Postal Service album makes it out by the end of the next year. Hopefully Chris Walla gets his album back from US customs or whatever, and can put it out. His solo stuff on his site (Free downloads) is really good, very much an old, but better, DCFC vibe to it.

Freak Kitchen. "Organic" was a little step backwards on "Move", but was still a stupidly fun, album, and I cannot wait for the new one.

Strike Anywhere's acoustic sessions have been great, this announcement has me so giddy. Great/original idea.

Jack's Mannequin I'm a little scared about. The first album was SO-SO good. "Katie" is a great song. But "Cellular Phone" is fucking shite. Here's to hoping it might be the "La La Lie" of the album, or is cut all together.

Edited by YI

Hmm, let's see...

Foxy Shazam! - Introducing... Foxy

The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath

10 Years - Division

Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree

The Raveonettes - Lust, Lust, Lust

And hopefully the follow-up to NIN's Year Zero will be out next year. There's also speculation about a Greatest Hits album being put out by Interscope.

Gorgeous Frankenstein is supposed to be re-recording their album, probably with new tracks added, with a new singer after their tour with Danzig is done, so I'm pretty stoked on that.

The Misfits have been in wait for a new album for a couple years now. April is the tentative date... but with Jerry Only running the show, February 2010 sounds more realistic.

Blitzkid is supposedly heading into the studio in a few months to re-record some of their favorite original songs for a new album. I wish more bands would do that, because the low quality of some of the best songs really makes me a sad guy. There's no shame in coming back with something that was good years ago, but now with the added bonus of more money and better production... plus, you already have the songs written. It's just a matter of recording them. Easy money.

As far as immediately goes... Sebastian Bach's new album comes out on the 20th. All hail the Bach.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Swift & Changeable by Ghostface Killah & MF Doom. However, Ghost's been talking about that and saying the release date was pushed back since Fishscale came out a year and a half ago.

I'll second Gabriel by saying it's all about the Bach in a few weeks. As for next year,

Wednesday 13 - Skeletons

Metallica - Untitled

Misfits - Untitled (>.>)

GNR - Chinese Democracy (>.>x2)

I also think Motley Crue and Alice Cooper are working on new albums, don't know when they're due out though. I don't have much luck when it comes to bands I like releasing new albums, with Wednesday 13 being the only cert out of all 6 bands mentioned.

As for shows, theres Download which I go to every year, also there's Megadeth and Velvet Revolver at some point next year which I'm looking forward to, and I hope to see Wednesday and The Misfits again, having seen them both within the last 2 months.

so far two i'm interested in have been mentioned...

Wednesday 13 - skeletons

Blitzkid

in addition to those...

Spyder Baby - Let Us Prey (Feb 26)

Shadow Reichenstein - TBA (they had a new song on their myspace a while back... which was for the new album but haven't said anything else about it in a while)

Michale Graves - TBA (He just released Illusions with some songs cowritten with Damien Echols, so not 100% sure on this one)

The Death Riders - TBA (They were recording an album [the started in october 2006]... than Blasko went on tour with Ozzy)

Dope

Well this last year I've been pulling together a CD collection from the last few years rather than buying any "new" albums. For example I've purchased Mogwai's last two, The Knife, another Royksopp, a couple of Airs, a couple of Boards Of Canada...A year of chillout.

This coming year I think I'll contiue to school myself on stuff I've missed over the years although this new Postal Service album looks intruiging.

Guest tiarnantman

I hope to God Evanescence bring out a new album this year. It's unlikely, yes, as they're bound to put loads of work into it, but I need new Ev songs.

Either way, I happily await the day Good Enough reaches number 1.

New Bootsy Collins album in Spring, which is going to be absolutely brilliant, and apparently the core members of Praxis are working on a SunnO)))-influenced album, so if that ever sees the light of day, I'm definitely picking that up. And new Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, which I can't possibly miss. Other than that, I don't really know of anything coming out.

CD's

Confirmed:

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds (~!) - "Dig, Lazerus, Dig!" (March) (Said to sound like the "Grinderman" CD)

Mike Doughty - "Golden Delicious" (February)

Weezer - ??? (April)

Pretty much going to happen:

Nine Inch Nails - ??? (NIN and Saul Williams are rumored to do a tour in July of 08...NIN touring in support of YZ part 2 maybe?)

The Offspring - ???

Rammstein - ???

Alkaline Trio - ??? (I heard a new song at Warped Tour this year...it was called "In Vain" and it was fucking phenomenal.)

Green Day - ???

Metallica - ???

Pennywise - ???

Wishful Thinking:

The Misfits - ??? (It could happen. Hopefully.)

David Bowie? Maybe? Please?

Shows:

Streetlight Manifesto/Suburban Legends - January 9th

Hopefully NIN/Saul will tour.

I plan to see shows of all the bands I've listed above...except Nick "Not touring the US in support of the new CD" Cave. :angry::(

Edited by Ash J. Williams

I forgot about Cradle of Filth. Stupid me.

They're releasing a Deluxe Edition of Thornography at the end of January. Wikipedia has the following songs confirmed to be added...

"Murder in the Thirst"

"The Snake-Eyed And The Venomous"

"HW2" (Samhain cover)

"Courting Baphomet"

"Stay" (Shakespears Sister cover)

"Devil to the Metal"

"(She's) The Mother of Tears" (from the The Mother of Tears soundtrack) (unconfirmed)

Personally, I'd rather have them release an EP with those tracks on it... or add a couple more tracks and release an album of stuff that didn't make the cut for the recent CDs, or were recorded for other purposes, such as soundtracks, or simply just for shits and giggles.