Incoming: It's nearly 2008

YI

Off the top of my head, I only know of the new Gengis Tron and Belphegor discs in early '08 and a Korpiklaani release "somewhere down the line". Meshuggah are supposed to be releasing a new album as well, but I haven't heard any news on it for a while. It was supposed to come out this fall, but seems to have been postponed without much fuss.

On a side note, where the hell is my Pelican DVD >:/

NEW GENGHIS TRON.

Also. Maybe Massive Attack will have their new album next year. Maybe. There's also new Eagles of Death Metal, Morrissey, Portishead, Rakim, Muse, and Wolf Parade albums for next year as well.

Hopefully, Bonnaroo 08 will kill as well. I'm really hoping Muse are one of the headliners, they're one of the few "huge" names that hasn't headlined one of the 2 major U.S. festivals yet. And of course, like everyone, I'm hoping they bring back Radiohead since they're that good.

Speaking of DVDs, I'm looking for the eventual release of a Dillinger Escape Plan DVD that they still owe Relapse. I'm crossing my fingers for a Nine Inch Nails DVD chronicling the Year Zero tour. Also, if it ever happens, the Tool DVDs (Vicarious, Lateralus tour, etc.)

It's already out, but I DESPERATELY want the "Heima" DVD from Sigur Rós. The stills on the website look absolutely mind-blowing.

I'm just praying that Detox comes out in '08 (I still consider it unlikely), but if it comes, after these eight years that Dr. Dre has worked on it there's no way it can match up to the expectations. Logically thinking, it ain't coming - Dre stated that he's now working on Eminem's new album for a couple of months, so that's probably coming next year... and I don't see Aftermath releasing two cd's as big as Detox and Em's new one within a range of a year. Then again, they did it with 2001 and Marshall Mathers LP so you never know.

I'm just praying that Detox comes out in '08 (I still consider it unlikely), but if it comes, after these eight years that Dr. Dre has worked on it there's no way it can match up to the expectations. Logically thinking, it ain't coming - Dre stated that he's now working on Eminem's new album for a couple of months, so that's probably coming next year... and I don't see Aftermath releasing two cd's as big as Detox and Em's new one within a range of a year. Then again, they did it with 2001 and Marshall Mathers LP so you never know.