Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

If the game's sales haven't been stellar, you can blame that on the distributor, probably. I was told at the local Gamestop, which always gets a decent amount of copies of games in when they come out, and was told they were only getting 2 or 3 copies in at a time, and they weren't allowed to take pre-orders since its essentially a budget title. The EB Games store (upstairs in the same mall) didn't have any copies in, either.

On the other hand, I've been hearing of people finding it in Dollar General stores, which is odd, but the one near me didn't have any copies. (They did, however, have tons of copies of the Arthur and the Invisibles game, which I doubt anyone actually would want.....)

I *finally* managed to get it when I called the aforementioned Gamestop to see if they had any in about a week and a half after I went there before and was told they had one copy left, and got them to hold it for me for one hour then went and picked it up within 20 minutes of calling.

From what I've seen, most people who have it have bought it online, not in an actual store.

So you can likely blame any U.S. sales issues on it not being readily available when it first came out.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 2 weeks later...

If the game's sales haven't been stellar, you can blame that on the distributor, probably. I was told at the local Gamestop, which always gets a decent amount of copies of games in when they come out, and was told they were only getting 2 or 3 copies in at a time, and they weren't allowed to take pre-orders since its essentially a budget title. The EB Games store (upstairs in the same mall) didn't have any copies in, either.

On the other hand, I've been hearing of people finding it in Dollar General stores, which is odd, but the one near me didn't have any copies. (They did, however, have tons of copies of the Arthur and the Invisibles game, which I doubt anyone actually would want.....)

I *finally* managed to get it when I called the aforementioned Gamestop to see if they had any in about a week and a half after I went there before and was told they had one copy left, and got them to hold it for me for one hour then went and picked it up within 20 minutes of calling.

From what I've seen, most people who have it have bought it online, not in an actual store.

So you can likely blame any U.S. sales issues on it not being readily available when it first came out.

Where dude, where!?

http://www.multiplayer.it/

You have to register (use Google Translate if you are struggling with any of it). The game is 30 Euros, and delivery is 20 Euros (I know, harsh), but if you put in FIREPROCLUB (I believe that is what it is) as a code when you are entering the various info for your purchase, you get 10 Euros off, meaning the whole thing ends up being about £30. Also, you can pay by paypal.

Seemingly, it has all been taking about a week from order to delivery, so not too bad in all. The manual/box are in Italian, but the game is in English, so no worries at all, really.

There are several other places you can get it, but thats the one I used, and it seemed the most popular at another board I go to.

Edited by rvdwannabe

I'm highly considering it, but I might give it a month and see whether they translate the manual and sell it over here. Although since every buggers importing from Italy theres probably no UK market left...

Well, you can actually download the manual in English as a .PDF, so if you're worried about the manual, its not a problem. Its on the Agetec website, I think.

Yeah, indeed it is. So the Italian manual isn't that big a deal.

With the UK release pretty much dead in the water, Italy seems the only option (505 apparently are based in Italy, which is why the release there, but nowhere else seemingly).

Where dude, where!?

http://www.multiplayer.it/

You have to register (use Google Translate if you are struggling with any of it). The game is 30 Euros, and delivery is 20 Euros (I know, harsh), but if you put in FIREPROCLUB (I believe that is what it is) as a code when you are entering the various info for your purchase, you get 10 Euros off, meaning the whole thing ends up being about £30. Also, you can pay by paypal.

Seemingly, it has all been taking about a week from order to delivery, so not too bad in all. The manual/box are in Italian, but the game is in English, so no worries at all, really.

There are several other places you can get it, but thats the one I used, and it seemed the most popular at another board I go to.

Edited by Hank Aaron XXIV

So I'm a newbie to this game, heard people talking about it. Anyone care to explain to me what's so great about this game? I'm debating buying it, but with buying comes actually having to dust off the ole PS2 as well. So is it worth my time (and money)?

So I'm a newbie to this game, heard people talking about it. Anyone care to explain to me what's so great about this game? I'm debating buying it, but with buying comes actually having to dust off the ole PS2 as well. So is it worth my time (and money)?

I ordered mine from Multiplayer.it on Wednesday. Will keep ya'll informed as to how quick it takes to get here, and to what I make of the game! Thanks to Liam for pointing us in the right direction.