Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

So I'm having a good little submission match as Low Ki against Shinsuke Nakamura... and I'm completely owning him. He's had me in some submission attempts, but nothing too damaging. I've hit him with damn near everything I've got, and I thought I had him with the Dragon Clutch, but he wouldn't submit... so I hit a 450, and 2.9! I tried for the Ki Krusher, but he blocked it, so I went to the Tiger Suplex instead. Still just a 2 count. Now I'm pissed, so I pull him up to go for the Ki Krusher, and the fucker traps me in a Cross Armbar and forces the tapout at 13:47.

I'm pissed that I lost...but it was exciting as hell.

So I'm having a good little submission match as Low Ki against Shinsuke Nakamura... and I'm completely owning him. He's had me in some submission attempts, but nothing too damaging. I've hit him with damn near everything I've got, and I thought I had him with the Dragon Clutch, but he wouldn't submit... so I hit a 450, and 2.9! I tried for the Ki Krusher, but he blocked it, so I went to the Tiger Suplex instead. Still just a 2 count. Now I'm pissed, so I pull him up to go for the Ki Krusher, and the fucker traps me in a Cross Armbar and forces the tapout at 13:47.

I'm pissed that I lost...but it was exciting as hell.

I love playing as Nakamura for the submissions he has, Shining Triangles, Cross Armbars etc. out of nowhere are awesome.

Edited by Cloudy

finally got the goddamn belt off Kobashi with Bernard. Totally destroyed Kobashi, surprisingly. Capped it off with a Chokebomb to finish the match and win the FIRE PRO Heavyweight Championship.

In other events, ran a 5v5 elimination match with Chono, Mutoh, Sasaki, Hase & Hashimoto (me) versus Lyger, Jado, Gedo, Minoru and one other guy that isn't even really in CTU.

Started off with Hashimoto and Jado. Jado eliminated Hashimoto, then Sasaki came in and took out Jado, and then the other nameless guy, and then Gedo made Sasaki tap. Hase came in and eliminated Gedo, then Minoru eliminated Hase, and it was down to Mutoh and Chono. Chono eliminated Minoru, and then Lyger splattered Chono's brains everywhere with a Brainbuster, and finally Mutoh ended the match by eliminated Lyger with... a punch.

<_<

Bernard lost my Fire Pro Heavyweight title in his first defence to Kojima, who has gone through Tanahashi, Nakamura and Shibata in title defences. My Light Heavyweight tournament is still on-going. I haven't played much, I've still been doing a lot of simming.

I haven't got the hang of ring directions yet, as in I aim to run in one direction and my character runs in another. Also me and a mate had a tag match the other day and we seemed to have trouble tagging in and out. Could just be us though!

When/is this coming out in the UK?

It's not. If you want to play it, you'll have to get the Italian version -- it's what rvdwannabe and timmayy did. I can't quite remember, but I think they've said that the manual is in Italian but the game's in English.

• Like 1

Correct. Box in Manual in Italian, game in English. And you can even download an English version of the manual here.

We also used this Italian games site, and on the sign-up page you can request an English 'order' screen rather than an Italian one.

Finally, at the time I ordered, if you entered 'fireproclub' in the special offers/coupons/discounts thing, you got some money off, but I don't know if that still counts.

I told you all earlier how Bernard beat Kobashi for the title, but I just had a riot trying to get it off Bernard.

Played as Minoru Suzuki, Yuji Nagata and Low-Ki. None of them even came close, and Low-Ki got squashed in under 2 minutes due to an angle powerbomb pin. <_<

Finally, I played as Bob Sapp, and had a beast of a match with Bernard that lasted almost 20 minutes, finally taking the belt off Bernard with a gorilla press slam. Then, just out of shits and giggles, went up against Sapp with Mike Awesome, and I beat Sapp with a running Awesome Bomb.

Mike fucking Awesome is my Fire Pro Heavyweight Champion. :P Furthermore, I didn't even know Awesome worked for NOAH, but yet he's in the roster for them, I believe.

Oh, and a question... why the fuck can you change Fedor's skin color?!

I have no idea. I found it weird that in the game his default skin is a bald black guy, but in real life he's a balding white Russian guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any good guides to use when it comes to distributing stats across CAW's? I just made Shiosaki, and I don't know what is too much/too little to give him in certain areas. Plus, the CPU logic is confusing as fuck.

Also, this is a long shot, but does anyone have any formulas (appearance and moves) for Atsushi Aoki and Kota Ibushi?

Not much else to report on the gameplay front, still having fun playing random matches.

I have no idea. I found it weird that in the game his default skin is a bald black guy, but in real life he's a balding white Russian guy.

I remember there was a reason noted for that, it's the same for someone else in the game. All of his alternate skins are white though.. you can change one attire for good and I always just make that the first one.

Whey! Nice one. Took it's bloody time. I got used to the basic controls pretty easily, bar directions for running/whipping. Still haven't got used to them.

Renamed people myself. Still doing some of the guys I don't know now.

I started at level 1 for a couple of matches, currently at 2. I might up it to 3, as 2 isn't totally easy but I do tend to win unless I'm Dragon and my opponent is KENTA, then the match follows the following pattern:

1. I dominate.

2. GO 2 SLEEP~!!!

3. Lose.