Official FA Cup Thread

Baddar

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Ronaldo is back to usual diving tricks. Not disheartened really, expected the worst. Just a really poor performance. What more must Maloney do to earn a proper starting place.

I wouldn't say he's "back" to anything, because he's accused of diving in every game as of late. I'm not saying it isn't justified, but there always seems to be people saying "Ronaldo did this" or "Ronaldo did that" after he'd effectively put their team out of the game.

Still, it was a good win. Motty man-loving Rooney as usual, although he did play well tbf once we brought him on. VDS didn't have too much to do, but looked solid enough when needed.

I would request a small/lower league club in the next round, but that rarely happens with Utd in the FA Cup.

The last few games I'd seen him play he'd seemed to cut it out. But he just seemed to fall over, or stop running and look at the ref every time someone came near him.

Yeah, he does do it a lot. Although Giggs is another who usually does that...difference is, Giggs normally gets the decision. Because Ronaldo is Ronaldo, invarably the ref waves play on.

*yay Coventry*

and yes, lol Blackburn ... and Bolton too.

Edited by nihilist

The last few games I'd seen him play he'd seemed to cut it out. But he just seemed to fall over, or stop running and look at the ref every time someone came near him.

Yeah, he does do it a lot. Although Giggs is another who usually does that...difference is, Giggs normally gets the decision. Because Ronaldo is Ronaldo, invarably the ref waves play on.

It's nice that Arsenal heroes like Thierry Henry or Robert Pires cannot be accused of the same thing during their time in the Premiership. If we're talking about play acting, it would be unfair not to mention Eboue, Van Persie and Fabregas as well.

Anyway, boo to Liverpool for not donating their share of the gate receipts to Luton today. It wouldn't have been a huge amount, but it's a nice gesture. Even Chelsea would have done it.

The game is being held at a stadium that holds less that 10,000 - the money wouldn't have been a lot. Just a gesture from one set of professionals to another. Regardless of what the higher ups have or haven't done, there's players at Luton who aren't getting paid.

The local press in Luton estimate it would have been worth about £100,000. And to be fair, it's not the club itself that is doing the wrong business, it's the one or two directors and the ex-chairmen. It's just a shame because this seems to happen to Luton every few years and they really need a decent legit business man to take over and give the club a bit of a financial boost without all the other crap that goes on in the background.

And they desperately need to move to a new stadium, something which has been at the "discussion" stage for over ten years now. Kenilworth Road is too small and they can't get enough finance out of it for a club of their size. The capacity is 10,500, but clubs like Nottm Forest (in the same league) are attracting around 20,000 or 22,000.

That and they only have until 5 o'clock tomorrow to find a buyer for the club or it's the end of the road.