Official FA Cup Thread

Baddar

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, after our recent league form, I was expecting even Fulham to walk all over us. After we went 1-0 up in three minutes, I was expecting Fulham to walk all over us. Hah.

To be fair, they did dominate the game. Our first goal was a bit of a fluke, and the second was completely out of the blue. But that doesn't matter in the end :shifty:

See you at the Mem on Tuesday week then, Liam? :P

*pffff* We weren't that bad :shifty:

No, Fulham were good. They came back from behind twice, so they obviously care. They were unlucky. If they can get someone to help out Healy up front, then they may have the chance to stay up.

Went to the game. Fulham have a nice stadium. It was a good match. We kept in contention and produced a good display against a Premiership/Championship class side. I'm proud of the boys and I can't wait for the replay. Even if we lose, it's money in the bank and we can't ask for more.

Hopefully I'll have a job and money by that point, so I'll be joining you.

The attendance for the game was 13,634. Rovers had 7250 of that. So, we officially outnumbered the Fulham support :D

Dunno if it's true, but apparently it's the first time a Premiership team has been outnumbered by the away support in a competitive fixture. Not a bad statistic if it is true.

Hopefully I'll have a job and money by that point, so I'll be joining you.

The attendance for the game was 13,634. Rovers had 7250 of that. So, we officially outnumbered the Fulham support :D

Dunno if it's true, but apparently it's the first time a Premiership team has been outnumbered by the away support in a competitive fixture. Not a bad statistic if it is true.

I wouldn't be surprised. The Fulham support on the whole is shit. We have the problem were we went up the leagues so quickly, we kinda haven't built much past our original support.

Rovers did well, I'm not looking forward to the replay, as our away form is atrocious.

Full draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup

Arsenal v Stoke City/Newcastle

Coventry v Walsall/Millwall

Oldham v Huddersfield Town

Swindon/Barnet v Fulham/Bristol Rovers

Wigan v Chelsea

Luton/Liverpool v Swansea/Havant & Waterlooville

Southend v Barnsley

Southampton v Norwich/Bury

Man Utd v Tottenham/Reading

Portsmouth v Plymouth

Derby/Sheff Wed v Preston

Watford v Wolves

Peterborough v Charlton/West Brom

Sheff Utd v West Ham/Man City

Mansfield v Middlesbrough

Tranmere/Hereford v Cardiff Ties to be played on 26 & 27 January

Happy with Spurs or Reading in Round 4. Though to be honest, I'm just happy we're at home, whoever we were drawn against. If Spurs win at the Madjeski, Utd-Spurs will probably be the tie of the round...and most likely televised.

...Closely followed by Arsenal-Newcastle if they manage to do the job at St James' against Stoke in the replay.

I also noticed that Bristol Rovers haven't got a bad tie in Round 4 if they manage to beat Fulham at home...Swindon or Barnet away isn't exactly the huge money-spinner, but victory won't be beyond them there, and there's a better possibility of that "big tie" in the following round.

Good draw overall, and it seemed like each ball was drawn and called properly this time. :shifty:

Surely that's what Fulham thought about the Bristol Rovers game?

Home to Stoke or Newcastle will do, always nice to be at home and I suspect the next round will see the continued mix of first and second team players. The reserves did the job at home to Newcastle in the Carling Cup, so there's cause to be confident whatever the outcome of their tie with Stoke.