Official FA Cup Thread

Baddar

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely that's what Fulham thought about the Bristol Rovers game?

Actually, I think the club thought it was a definite chance of a cup upset, which is what was suggested before the game by Hodgson. Swindon or Barnet at home would be the same, with our crappy away record.

Ugh, come on Fullham. Rovers getting that far in the cup would actually be unbearable.

Liverpool are gonna have an easy route once we scrape past Luton at home, though. We'll probably win it or something, just so Rafa manages to "hang on" to his job for another season.

Well, we lost to Swindon earlier in the season (thanks to, in part, Rob Styles and his 4 red cards), so it's by no means a guaranteed easy tie. If we got Barnet, then maybe so. I'd like to get one on Swindon, but a tie at Barnet would help our league status a bit more I feel - it's a little bit easier (no disrespect to Barnet) to take on a team from the league below now. But then, you never know with the FA Cup.

Whatever the case maybe, the focus is on Fulham at the Mem. As long as we compete, then it's all good as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't begrudge Fulham anything. You have an awesome Clinton Dempsey - anytime the ball went out or a free kick was given, the lovely man went and retrieved it for us. Lovely fella :)

Shame really. Fulham did actually play well. The victory just never came for them, thanks to our stubbornness.

Looking forward to the match - I found a job, so I will be going. YAY!!! :D

If Swansea overcome Havant and Waterlooville and Liverpool beat Luton then it's about time Swansea had a tough match. I don't think they've played league opposition yet. Part of me wants Luton to beat Liverpool for the laughs. Part of me wants Liverpool to win and then shit on Swansea.

Argyle vs. Pompey will be excellent too. Argyle seem to keep drawing teams with great goalkeepers in average squads. Last year they had Watford with Ben Foster, now they have Pompey and David James.

Now, don't get me wrong, Pompey are way better than Watford, but Paul Sturrock is back, so anything is possible.

Well 3 bids have come forward with the money, so Anfield here we come. One consortium is led by Watford Legend Graham Taylor and SKY TV presented Matt Lorenzo, one by TV presenter Nick Owen and a third by a hated Ex-Director. The Nick Owen led one is a Fans group with some wealthy people in and thats the choice of many. So heres hoping the future is bright.

The FA Cup third-round replay between Manchester City and West Ham United will be screened live on BBC One on Wednesday 16 January.

The BBC's fourth-round coverage starts with Mansfield v Middlesbrough (1230 GMT) on Saturday 26 January.

The all-Premier League game between Wigan and Chelsea follows at 1715 GMT.

BBC One's third live game of the weekend is between Manchester United and either Reading or Tottenham on Sunday 27 January (1400 GMT). Sky Sports will televise the third-round replay between Liverpool and Luton Town at 2000 GMT on Tuesday 15 January, followed by West Ham or Manchester City's trip to Sheffield United on 27 January (1600 GMT).

Some good games on TV there. United on the Sunday...hopefully, Motty will be at the Wigan-Chelsea game the day before, and we'll have JP or something for our game.

Great.

" Bristol Rovers' third-round replay against Premier League Fulham is postponed because of a waterlogged pitch. "

That's the third FA Cup Replay off already. I hope they don't say the Anfield pitch is waterlogged...it should be a tight game for the first ninety seconds or so.