The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Hmm that’ll be a pass for me. I’ve completed the other SE games on PC and have 4 on there. Just haven’t started it yet (need new gfx card). I played wipeout back in the day. Was fun but never got too into it. Even if it ended up being the rumoured Battlefront II and UFC 3, I may not have followed through. 

Back to RDR2 I go

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I don't think Battlefront 2 and UFC 3 were ever likely. EA Access is coming to PS4, which means that EA games probably won't be part of Plus in the future.

EA's NHL 19 was a free game with Games with Gold and Access is available on Xbox One, so I wouldn't say that Access coming to PS4 will stop EA games from being free with PS Plus.

On 11/07/2019 at 20:08, iDOL said:

Picked up a PlayStation Classic and was surprised at how easily they are able to be modded to add games on. Reliving the fun of Smackdown and Smackdown 2

You lucky sod. Although those lifebars in SD2 season mode still give me nightmares.

I thought I missed my chance to grab Detroit for free but luckily it goes further into the month because I was able to grab it today. I may not get around to playing it for years but at least I didn't miss it for free.

I've been playing (if that's what you'd call it) Erica, the new interactive FMV game on PS4. It's quite engaging, albeit in a strange sort of way.

It's about the closest I've seen to an interactive film, in that you can use the PS4 controller or a smartphone to move objects and make choices that influence the narrative. Some of the actions feel a little token, but it's still a significant step forward from the FMV games of the nineties.

Honestly, the story isn't anything special, but the acting is decent and the interactivity makes things more gripping than they might otherwise have been. At times, the controls can be a bit finicky, at least on the PS4 controller, but you get used to them quite quickly.

I wouldn't call it high-brow drama by any means, but I certainly think it's worth a look. I definitely could see some people on here enjoying it, and it's only £9.99. A single playthrough took me about 90 minutes, and I'm keen to see how things unfold differently with different choices.

Downloaded Nier: Automata a few months ago, after it was on sale and having heard good things about it.

Now, I admit I'm only about 2-3 hours into it, but I don't get the love.  The constantly changing view modes suck.  ITs 3rd person!  No now its a 2.5d side scroller!  Now its top-down view! (Fuck this game for giving me a top down view and enemies I have to jump to avoid!) No, now its a space shooter!  I feel like the devs had ADHD and just threw in everything they could.

Maybe it'll get better as I play more, but so far I'm rather "meh" about the game