The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I will be so happy if they are just fucking with me and it's a big misdirect. Maybe like

Spoiler

Ellie goes on this huge revenge killing spree and then finds out she didn't really see her die. Like the whole game these people are trying to explain but Ellie just wont hear it and then Ellie is all happy to be reunited but Dina just sees her as this remorseless killer now and you have to wonder if they can work past it? Like it's another downer ending and that means maybe a third game but I'm ok with that

• Like 1

Knowing Naughty Dog, it's almost definitely misdirection.

In other news, Death Stranding has gone gold, which means it's not getting delayed which means Sony's first party studios are going to hit their initially announced release date for the first time in about a gazillion years.

• Like 2

I just realized that I haven't bought a single game for the PS4 this year so far. The Outer Worlds next month is gonna be the first. And maybe MediEvil. There is a bunch of stuff coming up in November with Doom Eternal, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Death Stranding. Meanwhile there is so much cool stuff coming out on the Switch. Maybe I should get one. 

I got WWE2K19 since it's now dirt cheap and I'm absolutely terrible. I don't even understand a good chunk of the gameplay mechanics, and I really they'd go back to a "if you're knackered you get pinned/submitted" rather than horrible golf game circles. I keep losing really early on to nothing moves, and the showcase mode where you have to do certain things is killing me.

On 04/10/2019 at 22:56, Bigal said:

Finally bought Spider-Man. I am terrible at it. Hopefully this won't ruin my enjoyment.

Christ though, I'm awful.

You'll get used to it quickly when you've got the hang of it. 

Really enjoyed Spiderman, probably one of my favourite games of the PS4 era

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

You'll get used to it quickly when you've got the hang of it. 

Really enjoyed Spiderman, probably one of my favourite games of the PS4 era

You could've said 'when you get in the swing of things'. Poor form.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Ollie said:

You could've said 'when you get in the swing of things'. Poor form.

My brain lacks the capacity to do the simplest of things today so I'm not surprised I missed an easy pun :(

I mean, he does hang from the web, albeit mostly to make out with Mary Jane.

6 hours ago, Colly said:

Yeah I feel the fault here is with the people who didn't see hang as a Spiderman pun.

There's a whole web of spider punnery to work with!