The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Most game studios try to make more stylised, cartoon-like games in VR, rather than striving for realism. You're working with the challenge of rendering smooth motion (above 60fps) on two different screens, which means that a significant hit in visual quality is needed on conversions from pre-existing big-budget games like Skyrim and Resident Evil 7. It's going to be a long time before games with "realistic" graphic styles look as good in VR as they do on a standard screen today.

I take back what I said about the VR because Astro Bot is amazing. I have tons of games I need to start (or finish), but I can't stop playing Astro Bot right now.

EDIT: Also, the Uncharted Collection being the free game for January is awesome, since I was going to buy that anyway.

Edited by tristy

Already got and beat Uncharted Trilogy, but hey, GOAT SIMULATOR

More Death Stranding thoughts.

110 Calories
180mg Sodium
27g Sugar
86mg Caffiene

and 100% RDV of Vitamins B-6 and B-12

That's what's in every 240ml serving of Monster. There's two servings in every can, and your private saferoom is stocked with five cans every day, and your canteen is a full liter of Monster. That's just a hair over seven fucking cans of Monster, fourteen servings, before he collects any water which he also turns into Monster with his magic canteen.

I don't care how active Sam Porter Bridges is, this should fucking kill him.

• Haha 1

So in Death Stranding's second map there's a delivery you make to "The Cosplayer". Then you meet her boyfriend...

Spoiler

Conan O'Brien

On 1/4/2020 at 1:31 PM, OctoberRaven said:

So in Death Stranding's second map there's a delivery you make to "The Cosplayer". Then you meet her boyfriend...

Reveal hidden contents

Conan O'Brien

Spoiler

So I've played a few hours of Death Stranding now, and it really doesn't ever get less fucking weird does it? I'm liking it so far, but going up to the wind farm, in an area with time rain, BTs, low stamina and a full weight limit was stressful as fuck.

I'm in the second region of the game, and while deliveries will get better as you can build roads and have better access to vehicles making traversal much easier, there is still some insanity.

Still a brilliant game.

It says a lot about the weirdness of Death Stranding that I crested a mountain only to be met with a massive full size hologram of a Tallneck from Horizon Zero Dawn next to a bridge and only thought "...huh."

Are there any MGS references at all?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kaney said:

It says a lot about the weirdness of Death Stranding that I crested a mountain only to be met with a massive full size hologram of a Tallneck from Horizon Zero Dawn next to a bridge and only thought "...huh."

Are there any MGS references at all?

None that stuck out to me, though the city you walk through in the prologue is supposed to be a recreation of the city in the exterior shot of the PT promotion.

And the BTs kind of give me an MGS Sorrow River vibe, but that could be just me.

God of War also gets plugged, so the Horizon stuff is likely just something put in because Sony helped with publishing.

SPEAKING OF WEIRD ASS PLUGS

So I'm not sure what the precise criteria is, maybe you just need to one one specific data drive or find a set amount, but as a result of my collecting them I unlocked a custom Ride With Norman Reedus bike. It's a pretty good bike, has good battery life and allows cargo to be stored on it unlike a lot of the other bikes I unlocked.

It also has a unique quality besides it's unique skin, however. When you're on it, Sam Porter Bridges will constantly talk about how much riding this bike is like an episode of Ride With Norman Reedus.

I mean this being Kojima and all it's also perfectly plausible that he just really likes Ride With Norman Reedus, but between this, Monster, and plugging Sony games, it was probably something done to help keep the lights on in Kojima Productions. Can't say you can blame him, given the result is a masterpiece.

• Thanks 1

Think I may need to utilize fast-travel more, with all the maintenance I've been having to do with my roads and soon my zipline network.

Also, another tip: Get good at fighting boss BTs, pretty much the best way to get chiralium.