The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Is it much of an improvement over last years game, baddar? i had it but got pretty over it quickly... I love the game and still have it sitting here and it's good for a round or so every couple of months :P, just no use upgrading if its not substantially better

I didn't play 13, but own 12. Can't really comment on that. I just know I much prefer the swing/putting systems now, and that you really have to think about the shot/club you use. It's easy enough to grasp for even a new player, but tough to master. The fact that it's harder to play quality shots from the rough and bunkers puts it ahead of 12 for me.

I suppose it's best for you to read a review to see what has been altered. It is cheap already here though and from what I gather, there'll be no TW15.

I'm fairly sure that the PS3 had already shipped more units worldwide than the Xbox 360 for around a year now, so perhaps this means that the sales figures have finally caught up. That said, I haven't seen any of the big gaming sites report such a fact, so I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Well VGChartz (which is really the only site that tracks any numbers though, but is often derided for being off here and there. Then again, I've looked and never found another that tracks anywhere to the amount they do) has been talking about it for some time.

PS3 sells about 40k more a week these days than Xbox and about 90k-100k more than Wii or WiiU.

In fact, it should pass its next rung in the ladder by years end, that being the PSP. After that its a long way to go to hit the Wii, if it ever does. But it should be noted that PS2 (the top selling system of all time) sold a huge amount in the years of the ps3, so who knows.

I'm not getting it on PS3, but you Persona nerds always talk about it in here, so yeah.

Persona 4 Arena is on sale at the minute, down from £39.99 ($60.50) to £27.99 ($42.34). I've never played a Persona game before but it gets a lot of hype online and I've been recommended it a lot. I'll also get one of these:

2460261-ps4_arena_limited.jpg

(it's not fucking rare, we got nearly three times as many as we needed to cover our 3 pre-orders).

Basically, I've become oddly fixated on the vinyl. I haven't even heard the soundtrack. Is it a good place to start with the series? Is it actually any good? Is it worth the money?

The soundtrack: Amazing.

Persona 4 Arena: It's ok as far as fighting games go. As a place to start with the series? Terrible. You won't really know the characters, or the main storyline. The main selling point for me (and I didn't even buy it, borrowing it from a friend) was just continuing the story with these characters that I've grown to love.

If you want to start with the series, start with 3 or 4.

I find it strange they put that on 360 considering that series is PS exclusive.

I assume once they release Persona 5 (I WANT THIS GAME NOW! Or at least info...) it will be multiplatform.