The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I've only had it a few months now - do they usually do two full version PS3 games in a month? I mean, damn. I can't browse around a lot because of the blocker at work - but I assume that Deus Ex will be tomorrow and Saints Row will come mid month.

No. Despite Sleeping Dogs coming out, it's been a bit of a dry spell for PS3 gamers. People with a Vita have been tickled pink, as damn near every fighting game out for that system has been free for PS+ users at one time or another. Hopefully DE & SR3 are the start of one last PS push.

I thought Deus Ex was bad. I was interested in the story but I thought the combat SUCKED

You were supposed to avoid combat, for the most part :shifty:

:lol: Really? Maybe the fact that I am terrible at doing that was the reason I didn't enjoy it. I would much rather let out a scream and charge straight at the bad guys.

Last Of Us has multiplayer?

according to the trophy list, yes.

Multiplayer is becomming more and more of a must have. Which i sad because they could have spend these resources on something to make the actual game cooler... but there is money in microtransactions for guns... new maps... skins...

Wasn't Bioshock 2's multiplayer developed by a separate studio from that of the single-player mode? From what I can tell, the game's shortcomings didn't owe themselves to time having been spent on the multiplayer add-on and were more to do with the fact that the game was always going to be a quick re-hash of the first game, much like a straight-to-video sequel to a well-regarded film.

Bioshock 2 isn't that bad. I get why it'd be a let down after the first game, but when you know what you're in for and what to expect, it's pretty great. There's a lot of fun to be had back in Rapture and I'd argue the gameplay in that is still a step up from Infinites, though the story doesn't remotely compare.