The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Persona 4 has kept my interest and attention a lot better than 3, thus far. But I still haven't really gotten much control, so we'll see how it holds up when I do. So far, not regretting the purchase though. I might try emulating 3 instead of playing it on the PSP next, I think part of my problem was the lack of being able to run around.

http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/year-one-of-playstation-plus-value-in-free-games-185486-20143

So here's a pic of the 64 free games given for plus so far, doesn't include discounts, free doc, beta invited or whatever. Just a free game.

Guy who wrote article says if you bought each at release it would be about 1850 dollars.

For 50 bucks. Like i said before if you dont have plus, get it.

While its a shame plus is needed for muliplayer on ps4, with value like this its a service you should have anyways.

The only reason I haven't got it yet is that I've currently got Last of Us, Star Ocean, LBP Vita, Persona 4, Uncharted Vita, Gravity Rush and the entirety of the Pokemon DS games on an R4 card to play. So I'm not really hurting for games right now. >_>

Holy balls Chapter 10 of Hotline Miami is hard. I had to stop playing last night because my hand was cramping up >_> It's a fun level where it's clearly been designed for you to mindlessly slaughter everything rather than have to pick too much of a plan out, but Iit took me about 45 minutes to clear the first two floors, and after 15 on the third, I had to give up. Now I've got to do the whole thing again :(

Persona 4 has a fucking beautiful soundtrack. I really hope I don't get bored of this game. It's starting to open up a bit now, after like... 4 hours. Saying that, though, some of my favorite JRPG's take at least that long to open up. (I'm looking at you, FFX)

Considering I pay for PS+, is there a reason as to why I shouldn't sell my physical copy of X-Com, considering I can download it for the Instant Game Collection?

May sound like a stupid question, but meh...

Considering I pay for PS+, is there a reason as to why I shouldn't sell my physical copy of X-Com, considering I can download it for the Instant Game Collection?

May sound like a stupid question, but meh...

If you plan on being subscribed to plus for good, then there's no reason why you would need to keep the physical copy - but if your sub runs out and you don't re-new, you won't be able to play anything games you downloaded from plus.

...unless it was a discounted one, of course.

Due to the cost, I'm probably just going to keep rolling on with paying.

My issue comes down to the lack of time I seem to spend on any of those games, as well as my like for physical copies of things.

Might need to be considered.

Okay, the optional boss Contarian King in Persona 4 is a total dick. 1 hit insta kill from his rampage move... and it seems like I'm a higher level than I should need to be to face him. Need to get myself a Persona that resists strength, me thinks.

Okay, the optional boss Contarian King in Persona 4 is a total dick. 1 hit insta kill from his rampage move... and it seems like I'm a higher level than I should need to be to face him. Need to get myself a Persona that resists strength, me thinks.

And get some defense buffs. Rampage is the WORST.

BUT I HAVE THE PERSONAS I LIKE. :(

I really dislike only being able to have like 6 at a time and having to sacrifice them to get new ones. I want to spend forever getting all of the Personas in one play through. Where's Bill's PC when you need it?

Doesn't Slime resist phsyical? Could I destroy him with a simple slime persona? >_>