The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Yeah, I bet I'll feel the same way. The second one is a ways off on my playthrough of All the PS3 Games I Missed, anyway, so maybe the time away will do me good.

Next up, Ni no Kuni.

Ni no Kuni was my game of the year, if you like Final Fantasy and Pokemon, you'll love it. Otherwise, I hope you like Ghibli films at least...!

Uncharted 3 suffers a it from their decision to make bits too hard. Uncharted work best with a bit of flow and there's bits that are really annoying and just take you out of it.

I don't think its gone downhill like others do though. Uncharted's amazing at the big set pieces, and the characters, at the feel, at the look and at the stunts, and I think there's few games thaqt challenge it on that. Although my opinion's skewed by the fact that I don't really play a lot of shooters because they tend to bore me to hell so I'm not comparing Uncharted's mechanics to other stuff so much. I still think the three games are some of the more interesting games on the PS3. I can think of few games this generation I had as much fun playing as I did Uncharted. And that goes for games like Red Dead Redemption that everybody rates. And consider that's what Uncharted aims for, being fun, I'd say its damn good.

I actually enjoyed three the best. I found the character interaction to be the best in that one and I look forward to that the most from this series.

The vita one was amazing as well. Visually it was perfect. I found grenade tossing to be the best in that.

I just couldn't take the puzzles anymore. It was like "Hey Nate! Let's explore this real great looking place then maybe get in some fights and have a few laughs!"

"That sounds great Sully. And then what?"

"well kid I thought we might twist some tiles around with a crank with no hint at all about how to solve it. Then five minutes later I thought we might do it again!"

*Srar heads to GameStop for a trade in* :(

• Like 3

I think I ended up watching that movie-style playthrough on Youtube of Uncharted 3. There was no other reason than I'm limited to how long I can play PS3, but I think it worked better that way cause the compiler cut out a lot of the action, I'll see if I can find it...

• Like 1

Uncharted 2 had the best two characters in Chloe and Flynn. It also has some of the best set pieces such as the train, the hotel and the mountain village.

Uncharted 3 is still very good though, with the aeroplane/desert a particular high point as far as I'm concerned.

The first is the weakest of the three but then every series needs to start somewhere and at the time it was quite rightly celebrated.

Of course, since then Tomb Raider has out Uncharted Uncharted in my opinion.

• Like 1

Totally agreed that Tomb Raider made Uncharted look outdated, at least in terms of gameplay.

I definitely prefered to Uncharted 1 to 3, though. Sure, the combat had improved, but 3 just never once managed to grab me. Too much time wasted on stuff like the pub brawl/London underground and the place in France. Fuck that noise, I played Uncharted to see amazing set pieces you'd never usually see otherwise. It felt like so much time was spent in places from the real world that it just wasn't as exciting.

I just didn't like tomb raiders "villains" as much. That one guy was so obvious. She was beyond clueless. Plus half the upgrades were a waste of time to get. Don't get me started on the useless ass shotgun.

Good game but there was some flaws that killed some of its momentum.

My only gripe with Tomb Raider was the awful tacked-on multiplayer. It's a shame that all the post-release DLC was for multi and no additional story. I'd have settled for some extra puzzle caves.

I bought Killzone Mercenary last night. It failed to download overnight, so I tried again today using my work's wi-fi. That plan failed due to a previously-unknown data cap, so I set it up again when I got home and it's finally finished. But now my battery's dead. Goddamnit.

I just didn't like tomb raiders "villains" as much. That one guy was so obvious. She was beyond clueless. Plus half the upgrades were a waste of time to get. Don't get me started on the useless ass shotgun.

Good game but there was some flaws that killed some of its momentum.

Eh, I can forgive the weaker villains because combat was just so much more fun.

I'll take those 5 minute bits over the entire first half of Uncharted 3, though.

See the bit of Uncharted 3 that pissed me off was the the invincible shot gun guy on the deck of that sinking ship. I know that was a matter of timing and luck but it felt quite cheap.