The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Picked up Mass Effect in the sale. 2 - 3 -1 is the order I've played them...which seems the worst possible order to play a trilogy.

That's what I did. And man, I wish I hadn't. It's so hard to give 1 a fair shake when it's so under developed compared to the rest.

1 is like the best one!

There's definitely plenty to like, but it feels like such a massive step back when it comes to combat and even just general running around. It doesn't help that between 2 and 3 alone was a huge leap, this was even bigger.

Reasonable arguments when you don't already own the game disc, I suppose.

It´s mostly due to the price. I would only play 50-60 for games i know i will sink a ton of time in (like Civ)... it´s different to a game like Heavy Rain were i was happy that i could sell my GameDisk after trying a second play. At 9€ for a game like ni no kuni no one should give a shit about resell value anyway. :)

With Chathrine my Download PS+ Version did not access the disc copy savefiles. That made me sad.

Theres a bunch of games... i still got a disk of EA MMA, for 5€ maybe download it and give the disc to the guy who bought my fat PS3? Tiger Woods for below 10€ also seems ok (on the other hand, booo EA, booooh!) - There is a good amount of great deals, unusual for PSN. Maybe it´s the new era, PS4, more need to be closer to steams price level.

Steam gives free games away too?

I'm honestly asking because I can't game at PC for too long. I get distracted.

So do they give away free games every week like plus?

Steam Big Picture mode -> xBox controler -> Video Out -> your TV

Prices for PC are a joke, you sometimes can even get new games for below 10$ in under a month of release if you keep your eyes open. Hitman is one of the examples that comes to mind with a crazy fast price drop. And "free"... well you got all the pay what you want bundle deals that happen anywere between weekly and every few month depending on who dos them.

And if the game is crossplatform you get it for PC, Mac and Linux (some of the bundle deals even bring android versions)

• Like 1

On PS4 do you have to sign up to PS+ for everything online, specifically the store? I'm considering being a good samaritan and hanging out at my brothers for his arriving presumably tomorrow while he's at work, but I'd like to try a few demos and stuff rather than just play Killzone, so wanted to check if I'd need his bank details (bollocks am I paying for it...).