The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Through to the fourth night - Inquisition.

NIGHT TIME SPOILER

These bosses are just getting more and more disturbing, but link in so well to the story. First Katherine's fork-wielder, then the gruesome Catherine sex-creature and now the baby. The baby's just really nasty.

DAY TIME SPOILER

It's weird because I knew a load of guys in this situation in Japan. Girlfriend or wife gets pregnant, man's finances start to go through the woman who gives them pocket money. No wonder guys get a bit itchy on the whole situation, however socially normal it is.

Clearly Catherine is bad news. Of course she is, but Katherine is scarier in many ways. I saw so many Japanese girls like her, sitting in those cafes, dressed like that, with that kind of persona. Calmly suggesting to men what they should be spending their money on, how they should be behaving etc. It's hard to love Katherine (perhaps it's different depending on how you respond to messages and what you say etc).

I already decided to lean more towards Catherine anyway for this playthrough but it's smart how Katherine's text messages seem nagging and annoying, with me responding non-committally, while Katherine's messages are more fun to get.

It took me SOOOO long to do the baby level but the amount of fist pumping and celebrating that followed when I reached the summit was ridiculous.

The bar reminds me a little of my time in Japan, complete with the middle-aged bloke behind it. If with more than one friend I'd sit at a table but just two of us or just me with the other regulars then GOTTA be at the bar talking to folk you only see there and other randoms, people coming and going as the night progressed until only the hardcore remained at 2am.

I miss that.

• Like 1

Eh. Did you like the other ones? It's okay. It's 60% Arkham City reskinned with a story that gets worse the longer it goes. It was a bug ridden mess at release, but I'd assume it's been patched by now. What version you getting? Mrs. TKz was playing on basically a new PS3 and the game started to run at about 10 FPS for the post game stuff.

I paid like £25 for it and I wouldn't say what I got was really worth that much in the end.

Eh. Did you like the other ones? It's okay. It's 60% Arkham City reskinned with a story that gets worse the longer it goes. It was a bug ridden mess at release, but I'd assume it's been patched by now. What version you getting? Mrs. TKz was playing on basically a new PS3 and the game started to run at about 10 FPS for the post game stuff.

I paid like £25 for it and I wouldn't say what I got was really worth that much in the end.

I liked the other ones. I'd heard it was pretty average, but was wondering if it was one you could enjoy irrelevant of some of the issues.

You played The Amazing Spiderman by any chance?

Yeah, I didn't mind it. It was about par the course for a Spider-Man game, which is fine on it's own, but after the amount of Spider-Man games we've had (both good and bad), it needed a little more to keep me interested. If it's a choice between the two I'd go with Arkham Origins because you probably get more for your money. There's a multiplayer mode that doesn't entirely suck, too.

If you go in expecting more of the same, you'll probably find it fun enough. There's a cool boss fight or two as well.

If you liked the other Arkham games you should be good with Origins, agree with TKz on everything other than the story, I really enjoyed it .. But I guess that's down to personal preference. Some great fun boss battles too! I paid £15 but would have happy paid £20.

My problem with the story was really wasted opportunity:

So many great villains debut, so much potential for interesting stories. Started of

so strong with the awesome Deathstroke fight. And then in the end, as fucking ever - it's the Joker. And Bane, because he wasn't in the previous two games enough, I guess?

Should've stuck with Black Mask, I would've been far more interested.

Yeah, I didn't mind it. It was about par the course for a Spider-Man game, which is fine on it's own, but after the amount of Spider-Man games we've had (both good and bad), it needed a little more to keep me interested. If it's a choice between the two I'd go with Arkham Origins because you probably get more for your money. There's a multiplayer mode that doesn't entirely suck, too.

If you go in expecting more of the same, you'll probably find it fun enough. There's a cool boss fight or two as well.

Last one, but have you played Shattered Dimensions?

As you can see, I kinda just want a superhero game >_>