The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Just finished Catherine on normal difficulty. That was pretty tough in parts.

Ended up with the "Catherine Good" ending. Obviously not chaotic enough to edge into the True ending, but hey, for Vincent's new found twisted future I guess it's good enough. From the credit pictures it looks like he'll be getting lots of kinky, sexy times.

I doubt I have the time and effort required to go back over and complete it numerous times and get the trophies I missed. Still as an experience it was interesting. Very glad I played it.

So after all that deliberation over whether to get a 3ds or a Wii U I ended up getting a Vita Slim + 16GB card and 10 games for £177

So folks what are the best Vita games? I've already downloaded a bunch of interesting ones on PS+ and have a bunch of crossplay stuff to sort out once it gets here so would like to see what else needs to be snagged.

Tearaway is alright. How much you like it depends entirely on how much indie wonder you can stomach. I think expecting it to be Little Big Planet levels of fun kind of hurt my interest in it. Gravity Rush is great, as is Guacemeele. The MGS HD collection are great if you want to play those games again. And there's Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD out next month.

Trigger Happy Havoc will be my next must-have.

Virtue's Last Reward is my favourite though. However be warned that it may not be to everyone's taste as it's basically a branching story book interspersed with Escape The Room puzzles and with ridiculous characters.

Tells a magnificent story though with some great swerves towards the end.

• Like 1

If you're into visual novels, then Virtue's Last Reward is one of the best recommendations you could be given. One or both of Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends would serve as great on-the-go platformers, while some of the best indie games in recent years, including Limbo, Spelunky, Hotline Miami and Terraria, can all be picked up at budget prices. Minecraft will also be coming soon if that's your thing.

Playing in no kuni, game glitches a trophy most of way through game so even if I try, I can't get 100% on it. Lame.

"EWB's best fiancée" and I just finished. Oddly, the game corrected itself and have us the trophy at the end credits!

She was pretty happy. We both were, that one trophy is easily 35 hours in.

We may plat this game just to do it. The alchemy is a pain, but we are half done it already.