The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

When I left work I got given a £30 HMV voucher. Now normally I wouldn't buy anything from there as I know I can get it cheaper on Amazon or whatever. Now I know that the new Metal Gear game on PS3 is gonna be £22 on Amazon, but does anyone have any idea how much it'll be in HMV (seeing as HMV doesn't have a website any more)?

If you want to get it on day one then feel free to use it, but given the negative rumbling around it I'm sure you'll find it around £10 cheaper after a few weeks. All signs are pointing to it being a very short game, and short games either bomb in price or get traded in in Crackdown-esque quantity.

The keyword is the the word HMV, they're in complete turmoil at the moment and it might be a pretty big risk to spend the money on a pre-order instead of buying something now and part-trading it in for Metal Gear in the future.

I need to pay better attention to the games that are free on PSN....Remember Me!

I was excited for the game, before it got some 'meh' reviews. I shall have to play this after South Park and Final Fantasy!

Fez hits the Playstation systems later this month. During the last week of the month, Plus members get the cross-buy for $10. I've seen plenty of Vita owners excited about that one.

I've lucked into $50 of PSN credit, so I'm trying to figure out some things to grab with it. Fez may well top that list.

New Sales going on. Scott Pilgrem for 3.99€ + 10% of if you are PS, i cant recomend this game enought. The art is awsome, the music kicks major ass and it´s a blast to play esp. in multiplayer. It´s more or less a game like Double Dragon, you walk down streets and kick the shit out of everyone. They deserve it.

Sample from the OST!

What a crap update for the store this week. Dark Souls 2 and nothing else. Come on, Fez!

Also: damn Diablo. I wanna play more Stick of Truth, but I am so close to getting the platinum. I say so close, but in true Diablo form, it'll be another week or two of grinding gold, Inferno Mode, and Hardcore Mode to get it done. Good thing it's a fun grind.

:pervert:

A follow up on something I think I posted a few months back, on the American PS Home they had some sort of promotion that let you get codes for some old PS1 games. Apparently there's a second 'episode' out now and you can get Resident Evil 1. Hurray for free things!

Oh, and they put trophies in Home too, which is slightly odd but whatever. Maybe if you like collecting trophies, these will probably be easy. It retroactively gave me a bunch when I loaded it up again, 5 of the 13.

Of course! It is an excellent place to troll and get LL suspended from the PSN, after all.

Though, one of the trophies requires you to login on 50 different days so yeah, not bloody likely.