The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So what games on Vita are worth getting?

Persona (beat Ruki to it!)

Tearaway (my personal fav)

Uncharted (really strong, but not as strong as the ps3 versions.)

Gravity Rush (just fun and hopefully the sequel is out)

Dragons Crown (cross save to ps3, not cross buy)

All Stars Battle Royal (cross buy, so you could own it already if you bought ps3, smash bros type game)

Escape Plan

Machinma

Limbo

Sweet cheers.

I think Uncharted comes with PS+ which I got a years sub for, already ordered MGS collection and MLB The Show 12. Think I'll go for All Stars and Tearaway next. Also got FFHD and Football Manager preordered.

MGS is weird. It's a great port with few problems, but I dunno. It's strange to play it on such a small screen. I guess it's kind of like watching Lawrence of Arabia on your home TV. You just kind of lose something in the translation.

Also, best thing to keep in mind: there's a ton of awesome PSX content you can get for ultra cheap. All of the old Final Fantasy games look gorgeous on the screen. Two personal favorites that I fell back in love with on my Vita were Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Crash Team Racing. They've both aged so well for PSX games.

Oh yeah I forgot to remind you all that they had the Oddworld box set for PS1 for £2 the other day, no idea if it's still on. It was in the EU store so probably not everywhere, worth a look for it though.

So what games on Vita are worth getting?

There's actually a decent library now, even though it's taken until very recently for a big batch of games to come out in quick succession.

Personal favourites are

• Persona 4: Golden (but you probably need to be a fan of 50+ hour long jrpgs because it's a very long game)
  • Gravity Rush (flying is the best thing, but the boss battles are a little forced)
  • Tearaway (but it's a little short, oh and remember to play in the light if you want to get the most out of the custom images)
  • LittleBigPlanet (all around fun with tons of dlc and community built content to play about with too)
  • New Little King's Story (about as good as the Wii version, even though it's a bit waifu centered with the ridiculous artstyle compared to the original)
  • Hotline Miami (it works better than you think on a handheld)
  • Sperlunky (same)
  • Guacamelee (ignoring the meme city it's actually pretty fun and surprisingly difficult in places)
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (you probably need to play 999 first if you want the complete story, but I'm having fun with it despite never playing 999)
  • Monster Hunter Freedom United 2 (especially considering you can use the free right stick to map the camera, preventing you from having to use a claw function with your left hand)

Things on my wishlist that might appeal to you too

• DaganRonpa Trigger Happy Havoc (apparently a visual novel style murder mystery thingy)
  • Deception IV (you set traps to kill gods)
  • Toukiden (the demo is pretty damn fun and apparently the save transfers over to the real game)
  • Project Diva f
  • Disgaea 3
  • Disgaea 4

Good luck with FM, Dan. It'll be released alongside FM 2015 at this rate.

Eh, I don't buy FM until it goes down to £13~ usually so I'll get 8/9 months out of it.

Being able to play your PC FM games on the go then bringing them home and switching back to PC is really appealing to me.

Thanks for the recommendations guys :)

Dan...

Miles Jacobson just said on Twitter that news of the FM for Vita release date will come this mid week, as well as new screenshots.

He also said new platform releases by SI are typically in March/April - and the GAME website now lists it with an April 2014 release. Here's hoping!

Just started Remember Me while I await Ground Zeros to arrive...it's an ok game. I like the setting, I like the main character, and the Memory Remix is really cool.....but the controls seem far too loose and the combat is kinda meh.