Sign in to follow this  
Mattman

Sony Megathread

7 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

Also, perhaps Life is Strange? It’s all about the story.

Yeah good point. I wanted her to try the Telltale Walking Dead series too. Is that on PS4?

Detroit Become Human is all story! And Hatoful Boyfriend.

• Like 1

Yeah all the Telltale stuff should still be available. Would definitely recommend The Wolf Among Us if you want story stuff. Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls are supposedly really good story based games too.

Oh, and Until Dawn!

• Like 1

I can vouch for Heavy Rain and Until Dawn being very good. Haven't played Beyond or Detroit but own both.

• Like 1

Picking up Mortal Kombat XL for less than $10 is awesome. It kept getting pushed down my list of things to pick up, and then they announced 11, and I've been hoping for a sale on XL since the announcement. Happy Boxing Week to me.

I've started watching the 4 and a half hour video of every conceivable Detroit Become Human ending. The vast majority are not full of festive cheer.

My 2018 approach to not buying games full price and instead waiting for a decent price drop has paid off again. I hope We Happy Few is worth the 2 years of really wanting it (since I first caught wind of it).

Can't go wrong at £19.99 though.

20181229_162433.jpg

33 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Downer! Someone needs their Joy.

The game's title ironically describes the gamers that played it ;)

I played it with the expectation of Bioshock... all I got was a shock. 🤨

Edited by Sam

I got Spiderman (along with a bunch of other games) for Christmas. I'm still early on but it's fun just swinging around getting the collectables. I tend to grab the backpacks and locations on my way to the next mission.

• Like 2

On 29/12/2018 at 23:59, Ruki said:

I got Spiderman (along with a bunch of other games) for Christmas. I'm still early on but it's fun just swinging around getting the collectables. I tend to grab the backpacks and locations on my way to the next mission.

By accident I've already gotten all the towers, backpacks (rocking that suit now) and bases. Oops.

• Like 2

My son continued playing after I went to bed and I’ve no idea what’s going on. That’s his save now. I’ll have to start fresh 

I've been splitting my time between Chapter 2/3 of Life is Strange: Before The Storm (which as, before, tugs at my teenage emo heart) and We Happy Few.

I'm enjoying We Happy Few. It's quite generic in its gameplay but I like the graphical style (which is good as it hides major graphical shortcomings compared to current AAA titles) and I think the story and feel are tremendous. Little nuggets of the past are being fed to you (I'm just sneaking around in the camp of all the old army guys with their bayonets) and, to be honest, it's not surprising the population went onto the Joy.

On 31/12/2018 at 01:45, Ruki said:

By accident I've already gotten all the towers, backpacks (rocking that suit now) and bases. Oops.

I just finished act 1! As well as all the cats, pigeons, and science labs... Why are the collectables so fun in this?

Also... Do I need the dlc for the platinum?

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

Also... Do I need the dlc for the platinum?

Na, the DLC is under a separate title under the trophies menu, so while it does have trophies, you don't need them to get the platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Na, the DLC is under a separate title under the trophies menu, so while it does have trophies, you don't need them to get the platinum.

Cool. I might go for it then, since it doesn't seem too crazy?

The Last Remnant was always one of those games that I was kind of fascinated by, but never actually played because they said it was real bad.  I'm hearing the remaster is much less bad and its only $20 so I think I'll dive in.  Although the last thing I need right now is another game.

26 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The Last Remnant was always one of those games that I was kind of fascinated by, but never actually played because they said it was real bad.  I'm hearing the remaster is much less bad and its only $20 so I think I'll dive in.  Although the last thing I need right now is another game.

Oooo you've just reminded me that I wanted to buy that.

I also don't need another game, tbf.