Sign in to follow this  
Mattman

Sony Megathread

Sousa    52,665

So uh. My wife and I impulse bought a PS4 because our Christmas was shit, username is GemCityGem. Spider-Man is so cool.

• Like 7

Paton    563

Ended up with Until Dawn, Little Big Planet 3, Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain for $60. Thanks for the recommendations!

Colly    14,595

Is a PS4 Pro worth it? I've been weighing up finally getting a PS4 for a while (I've almost cleared my PS3 backlog!) but having just got a 4K TV will I even notice the difference? Is it just the resolution difference or is there anything else? 

Bobfoc    4,384

I think some games also get a slight frame rate boost. As far as I know, it's a fair purchase if you can afford the extra expense, but it really doesn't do anything crucial the stock PS4 doesn't already. For example, no PS4 models play UHD Blu-Rays, whereas the considerably cheaper Xbox One S does.

Trey    72

If you can afford it I'd recommend the Pro. The difference isn't massive but it is significant enough that when the wife and I play she wants to use the Pro because of the graphics and the fact it loads a little bit faster. 

JeReindeer    5,000

I'm at that point now where my console feels a bit long in the tooth and I don't know whether to get a pro or just wait it out. Hope they sort some sort of announcement soon.

Baddar    108,666

I've had my original PS4 since launch, and I've said since the Pro came out that I'd upgrade if mine broke down, but wouldn't bother otherwise. Now that we're even closer to the next generation it seems like an even smarter move. Just hoping my console holds out for that long. Haven't had a single issue with it yet, either.

• Like 5

Bobfoc    4,384
2 hours ago, JeReindeer said:

I'm at that point now where my console feels a bit long in the tooth and I don't know whether to get a pro or just wait it out. Hope they sort some sort of announcement soon.

My guess is that the next consoles will launch at the end of next year. Sony's missing E3 this year, and I'd have thought that they'd be everywhere they could if they were releasing a new system this year, but they've also said that we're approaching the end of this console generation.

BuddyAwesome    866
6 hours ago, Baddar said:

I've had my original PS4 since launch, and I've said since the Pro came out that I'd upgrade if mine broke down, but wouldn't bother otherwise. Now that we're even closer to the next generation it seems like an even smarter move. Just hoping my console holds out for that long. Haven't had a single issue with it yet, either.

I'm in the same boat. Even though some times it sounds like it's about ready to blast off.

Ruki    3,784

Rumors are announcements this year, out next.

But! Last time around, the PS5 was announced in February, released in November. 

Meacon    22,903

Man, I've had PS4 since near launch and I feel like it's way too soon for the PS5. Then I realize it was darn near six years ago now. That doesn't even seem right. 

• Like 1

Ruki    3,784
13 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Man, I've had PS4 since near launch and I feel like it's way too soon for the PS5. Then I realize it was darn near six years ago now. That doesn't even seem right. 

Right? It was the first (and likely only) console I got at launch, and I feel like it's just starting to hit its stride. 

Baddar    108,666

It always surprises me when there's talk of the next generation as my console still feels new to me at that point, but when you add up the time, it ends up being just about right compared to other jumps.

Ruki    3,784

JUst unlocked the ability to do the challenge tasks in Spider-Man. I don't think I'm gonna like them (not a fan of time trials)..... do I have to get gold on all of them to get the plat? Speaking of... what all do I need to do? All costumes? All abilities? All gadgets?

Ruki    3,784
1 hour ago, Ruki said:

JUst unlocked the ability to do the challenge tasks in Spider-Man. I don't think I'm gonna like them (not a fan of time trials)..... do I have to get gold on all of them to get the plat? Speaking of... what all do I need to do? All costumes? All abilities? All gadgets?

....and done. Mostly silver, but some gold (on the fight/stealth ones)

Sousa    52,665

So I went to Gamestop today to get a gift for my middle kid and they were selling No Man's Sky for ten bucks. Was on "clearance." The cashier told me stuff I already knew (how much of a letdown it was pre-patch) but like... it's literally the same game and they were just selling it for ten bucks, new, sealed. Cheaper than the USED even.

So that's how I got No Man's Sky.

So now I have:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Spidey
No Man's Sky
LittleBigPlanet 3

and a couple old PS2 games (including the Kingdom Hearts compilation that just came out).

• Like 3

Rocky 2K19    2,523

Spider-Man is soooo much fun. Happy I waited until after RDR2 to play it or I may have left it on the side. I’m not done a few stories but cleaned up the towers, backpacks and thugs so that was quite a few hours of repetitive fights but sooooooo fun.

• Like 1

Ruki    3,784

Just finished Spider-Man. Such a good game! Although I feel the main story was a little short.

Got one my trophy to go for the plat... just gotta 100% the districts. Except that means like... 40 crimes.

the last scenes with Otto and Aunt May were both so well done. You could hear the emotion in the voice acting.... It broke my heart

:(

Although I do hope they do a sequel! They have to right, with the Mile's bite right? Plus would love to see Venom and Carnage and the rest of the villians who didn't show up!

Probably won't play the dlc though. Anyone wanna break down what happens in it?

Josh to the World    8,531

That’s what’s keeping me from picking it up. I fear I’d end up doing a lot of grinding and repetitive combat. When playing Red Dead, I’m always thinking that I’ll get every Legendary Animal, every cigarette card, etc. There’s enough variety there to make it worth it, but I feel it’s a major exception amongst video games.

• Like 1

Ruki    3,784
1 hour ago, Josh to the World said:

That’s what’s keeping me from picking it up. I fear I’d end up doing a lot of grinding and repetitive combat. When playing Red Dead, I’m always thinking that I’ll get every Legendary Animal, every cigarette card, etc. There’s enough variety there to make it worth it, but I feel it’s a major exception amongst video games.

THe combat can be repetitive, but the main reason to play is for the story, voice acting, and of course, the quips. And I guess web swinging is pretty swell too. 

DavidMarrio    4,038
On 04/01/2019 at 19:59, Baddar said:

Only issue I've had with mine since launch was with disks not ejecting or inserting. Nothing a screwdriver didn't fix. 

If I had a choice of a pro or ps4 originally I'd go pro all day but I'm in the same boat as long as there's no issues I'm best waiting 

Ollie    8,114
9 hours ago, Ruki said:

Just finished Spider-Man. Such a good game! Although I feel the main story was a little short.

Got one my trophy to go for the plat... just gotta 100% the districts. Except that means like... 40 crimes.

Hide contents

the last scenes with Otto and Aunt May were both so well done. You could hear the emotion in the voice acting.... It broke my heart

:(

Although I do hope they do a sequel! They have to right, with the Mile's bite right? Plus would love to see Venom and Carnage and the rest of the villians who didn't show up!

Probably won't play the dlc though. Anyone wanna break down what happens in it?

Did you stick around for the post credit scenes?

Ruki    3,784
1 hour ago, Ollie said:

Did you stick around for the post credit scenes?

I did!

Also, Holy shit.... Like 30 minutes of credits.

I did have a question.

what was up with Harry's tendrils thingy