The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Games to pick up: Metal Gear Solid HD (if you like those games), Persona 4 Golden if you're into JRPG's, Little Big Planet Vita, FFX/FFX-2 HD and Gravity Rush are all pretty great.

Saying that, I think the most I've ever enjoyed my Vita is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Wonderful game I never played before, on a gorgeous HD screen.

Games to pick up: Metal Gear Solid HD (if you like those games), Persona 4 Golden if you're into JRPG's, Little Big Planet Vita, FFX/FFX-2 HD and Gravity Rush are all pretty great.

Saying that, I think the most I've ever enjoyed my Vita is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Wonderful game I never played before, on a gorgeous HD screen.

I have MGS HD for my PS3 already and intend to get the FF remakes for that too.

Persona 4 Golden sounds interesting, I do like JRPGs and I see a lot of chatter on here about how good it is. I'm guessing not having played any previous ones wouldn't matter?

You're pretty much going to HAVE to pick up Persona 4 Golden if you want to be considered a VIta owner. :shifty: And you'll be fine - the Persona games mostly take part in their own little contained storyline, with tiny mentions to other games that don't really matter.

Also, Ragnarok Odyessy ACE is basically Monster Hunter, but better in my opinion.

The only thing I'd make you aware of with Persona is that it's very time based. You'll only have so much time a day to do certain things, and so many days overall. It's not a game you can go into looking to collect everything in the first playthrough.

I found it to be a refreshing change. The level in the beta is smaller than any BF map I remember, and it's chock full of vehicles, which I think helps with the whole feeling of it being in a city. The weapons variety is less, which means you don't have to worry about getting mowed down right away, and a helicopter isn't an immediate threat.

I'm hopeful, it has all of the things I enjoy about Battlefield, with some small changes to keep it interesting.

• Like 1