Sign in to follow this  
Mattman

Sony Megathread

Started Bloodborne again last night, got through Cleric Beast, Gascoigne and Blood Starved Beast without dying which has made me feel like the ultimate badass. Honestly, this game might be my favourite game of all time.

6 minutes ago, BuddyAwesome said:

I just started Kingdom Hearts 1.5 to do then in order. What is 2.8 though?

A collection of a 3DS and PSP game by the look of it.

25 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Started Bloodborne again last night, got through Cleric Beast, Gascoigne and Blood Starved Beast without dying which has made me feel like the ultimate badass. Honestly, this game might be my favourite game of all time.

I've had this on my 'To Play' list for a while now, persuade me it's worth it.

13 hours ago, JeReindeer said:

I've had this on my 'To Play' list for a while now, persuade me it's worth it.

It's a tough one to sell someone on who isn't already a fan of the genre. When I first picked it up, I'd never played a Souls game and wasn't particularly fond of harder games and for the first 4-5 hours or so I absolutely hated it. It was obtuse, it was unforgiving and it didn't make any sense but I couldn't put it down. Every time I'd die I'd throw my controller down in a huff and storm off but I just couldn't shake the feeling it was my fault, that I wasn't quite doing things right.

Then I found the first boss and it killed me almost instantly. And so I fought it again. And again. And again. And again. And it was painstaking and it was difficult and it almost broke me but then on the 7th or 8th attempt I finally beat him and I've never felt such joy in all of my gaming life. It was a rush and nothing has ever compared to it.

It's a game that won't click straight away, but when it does you won't be able to put it down. At this stage I think I've played through it start to finish 4 times, now on my 5th and it still finds new ways to fuck with me and I still get that rush whenever I beat a boss or remember a secret entrance somewhere.

Couple that with the fact it's absolutely gorgeous, with one of the creepiest aesthetics I've ever seen. The soundtrack and sound design are up there with the best of them, the difficulty curve is incredibly well fine tuned to the point you never feel over-levelled and almost always have the sense that one wrong move will lead you to your death.

Basically, it's just genuinely ruddy excellent and everyone should at least give it a few hours of their time.

• Like 2

Good sell, it's jumped up my to do list for my week off.

26 minutes ago, JeReindeer said:

Good sell, it's jumped up my to do list for my week off.

I'll be more than happy to be on call to help out with the first area and walk you through the first bit. Just let me know when you're about and we'll get some shareplay going.

• Like 1

The mechanics also rewards more aggressive attacking gameplay than the Souls games due to the health system seeing you regain some once hit if you strike back quickly. A mechanic that was interesting, I thought.

Yeah, practically everything in Bloodborne is based on a risk/reward system, and it means basically every encounter has stakes. Even when you return somewhere and you've overpowered, one cocky move can get you killed.

16 hours ago, Ollie said:

Yeah, practically everything in Bloodborne is based on a risk/reward system, and it means basically every encounter has stakes. Even when you return somewhere and you've overpowered, one cocky move can get you killed.

Nothing worse on Bloodborne then having a moment of thinking "I'm going to do this, I'm only gonna bloody well do this!" only to let your guard down for a split second and get murdered. 

Such a rewarding game when you do finally beat a boss or get past a section you are stuck on. 

Dys413LXgAAvB4F.jpg

My party keeps standing in the way of my lucky emblem photos.

Dys5hSyX0AEk1jC.jpg

Dys7F3UX0AEAvqA.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Jesus, the graphics are so awesome. Does that lose it's goofy (no pun intended) feel of the original games? I feel like the more cartoony graphics fit this more.

Even in a video game Disney works hard to deny Hidden Mickeys exist.

I fucking hate the non-Spiderman sneaking missions in Spiderman.

I applaud that they are adding some different things here, but I’m playing Spiderman, I’m not here to push over tool boxes and aimlessly sneak int boxes.

The ending fights in Kingdom Hearts are so fucking awful. They are throwing so many mechanics at me I've never used before and there is just so much happening at one time. I am seriously overwhelmed and confused and I don't even know what I'm doing or why I'm even bothering to do it

7 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I fucking hate the non-Spiderman sneaking missions in Spiderman.

I applaud that they are adding some different things here, but I’m playing Spiderman, I’m not here to push over tool boxes and aimlessly sneak int boxes.

I really enjoyed the Grand Central Station mission. But it did have a good mix to it.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

The ending fights in Kingdom Hearts are so fucking awful. They are throwing so many mechanics at me I've never used before and there is just so much happening at one time. I am seriously overwhelmed and confused and I don't even know what I'm doing or why I'm even bothering to do it

When you say "ending fights", are you talking about the end of the game or the boss battles? I have no tips because I haven't played the game, but I'm curious.

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

When you say "ending fights", are you talking about the end of the game or the boss battles? I have no tips because I haven't played the game, but I'm curious.

Boss battles especially what I'm assuming is the final one

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Boss battles especially what I'm assuming is the final one

Which Kingdom Hearts are you playing? 3? I can help out with 1 and 2, but I haven't played 3 yet.

1 minute ago, Gabriel said:

Which Kingdom Hearts are you playing? 3? I can help out with 1 and 2, but I haven't played 3 yet.

Sadly it's 3 :( I think it's the very last boss so I may just see if I can find the ending video online. This isn't worth the frustration

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Sadly it's 3 :( I think it's the very last boss so I may just see if I can find the ending video online. This isn't worth the frustration

I always get frustrated in KH games with the final boss. It's so rewarding when you win though.

In 1 and 2, final battles seemed to rely on a good mix of the skills you learn throughout the game. The bad part is that a lot of those skills are things you use once or twice throughout the game, because you don't need to use them really until the end fight. So it's like you have to re-learn all of it again while you're figuring out where you're screwing up.

If I was to buy Skyrim: SE pre-owned, I'd be able to use the DLC right? 

As far as I'm aware, it's not a code you have to redeem. 

As long as the DLC is pre-loaded on the disc like you're explaining, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

I'm quite sure that Skyrim: SE is the full version, with everything that was previously DLC included. It should be on the disc.

So I've played 4-5 hours of God of War, and I just can't get in. Am I doing something wrong? Does it get better?

I'm basically at the point where the world opens up, and have played some of the first location, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I'm worried RDR2 has ruined games for me.

• Like 1