The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I was playing Skyrim and my PS3 turned itself off. It's currently got a red flashing light and isn't turning back on. Is this the PS3 equilvalent of the Xbox's 3RLOD?

New HDD installed, all my saves (except WWE & UFC) transferred across fine, though I've only installed/played WWE '12 since. Really loving the prospect of going through Road To Wrestlemania to unlock everyone again ugh.

What about if I'm unlucky?

Melted solders, a system that won't stay on more than a few minutes (if at all), etc. Think about it like a car overheating to the point the engine blocks crack or the head gaskets blow. It may not be pretty.

Give it a day to fully cool, then try putting the system in open air, where airflow is much less restricted. Let it set on the XMB for about five to ten minutes, just to test it under what would effectively be its least stressful point. Then attempt playing a game.

Also have it stand vertically. I´ed love to just put my PS3 horizontally on my stereo, but i use it standing up because i can hear how it dos not use the cooling system as soon or loud as when it is in my stereo locker.

I actualy was PISSED last night.... seriusly, you ideot forgot to cancel you fucking PS+ subscription during a time were you have absolutly no time to play anyway. What the fuck... 15€ down the drain... and than E3 happend. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Still no time to play the games i already own... but little big planet 2 alone would have made me purchase a new subscription if i canceled it. How will i ever be able to play all this... ^_^

The new Plus content is indeed incredible. Here's a list of the full games us Europeans can enjoy during the next month:

Virtua Fighter 5

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

Chime Super Deluxe.

Darksiders.

Renegade Ops.

Outland.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD.

Infamous 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

LittleBigPlanet 2

And for the North Americans:

Virtua Fighter 5

inFamous 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

Saints Row 2

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Just Cause 2

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine

Virtua Fighter 5

Sideway: New York

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Hard Corp: Uprising

Choplifter HD

Coming to think of it, I might even have missed something out, but that's more than enough to be going on with right now.