The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Motherfucker.

Its the easiest of MGSs to get Big Boss ranking on, but fuck that noise doing it again. Although it might give me incentive to play again. Harumph.

InFamous 2 is great fun, picked it up after I got Plus and it's a lot more enjoyable than I expected. I also downloaded LittleBig Planet2, which seems alright, might give it a 'proper go' soon. Anyone recommend any of the games that are free with Plus?

Just cause 2 still free? Its god damn nuts and fun

Not got that on here (UK version), but it has got Deus Ex which I've now downloaded. Going to leave it for a bit whilst I work my way through inFamous, but it looks pretty good. Ratings seem favourable for it too.

I still have to finish L.A Noire, was loving it around christmas but got distracted when I bought Fifa 12 and Skyrim.

Yeah, i also dident finish it. I guess there are good reasons why this game is sold for dumping prices right now... the writing was not brilliant and at some points i feel they were afraid of loosing the normal gamer if they did not include shootouts and car chases.

The law and order game by tell tale issent perfect by any means either, but it´s committing more to it´s game play hook (well, and it issent 10+ houres) so i enjoied that a great deal more.

I actually started playing it again yesterday from the very last bit of homicide (how fucking hard is that last one when 90% of the screen is pitch black? Night driving is awful too), but I feel like I'm only doing it for the story and my desire to stop leaving games unfinished. Actual driving between locations is my least favourite bit, the driving is shit and the distances are massive.

I actually started playing it again yesterday from the very last bit of homicide (how fucking hard is that last one when 90% of the screen is pitch black? Night driving is awful too), but I feel like I'm only doing it for the story and my desire to stop leaving games unfinished. Actual driving between locations is my least favourite bit, the driving is shit and the distances are massive.

Driving is definitely the worst bit of it, I couldn't believe Rockstar would make something with such shit driving and it just gets more and more tedious as you go through it. I'm hoping it will be a work in progress because I certainly enjoyed the game, but it needed a lot of refining to make it a thoroughly enjoyable game. I'd probably liken it to AC1, good game with too many tedious side-bits.

With Red Dead Redemption, as with most people, I was really enjoying it and then went over to Mexico and got bored.

I made myself go back to it a few months later and quite enjoyed it again but ran out of steam AGAIN when I got to the big city, I think partly because it felt like it should end and it didn't.

With Red Dead Redemption, as with most people, I was really enjoying it and then went over to Mexico and got bored.

I made myself go back to it a few months later and quite enjoyed it again but ran out of steam AGAIN when I got to the big city, I think partly because it felt like it should end and it didn't.

I agree with you but I think the attitude of gamers might be to blame. You quite often hear pissy gamers complain about something being too short, or expecting games to have loads of side missions and asides. For certain games that works but not for all games. You have to know that once you go too many hours you can't keep it tightly plotted and you're going to lose the story. It's when you get people who talk about games like Uncharted being too short that you realise a lot of gamers are morons. It's the same with Red Dead Redemption, it tries to sell you on the story and the characters (well one anyway), but then there's a lot of side stuff (some of it fun some of insanely tedious) and it interrupts the flow of the story, breaking it for the third act. But more and more people seem to be deciding on a game based on its amount of side missions and achievements.

That's next on my hitlist, I just got to the big city too. My big problem is remembering the sodding controls again, not looking forward to getting back into Arkham City...

I think ultimately I decided "what am I actually going to get out of finishing the game when I don't care any more? A medal? A sense of enormous well-being? This is purely purely for relaxation and enjoyment and if I'm not enjoying it any more then why waste my time?"

The same went for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood with the side missions. Screw that, by the end of the proper missions and the side-missions I'd done along the way the game felt the perfect length. I didn't feel the need to be completist about it.