The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Who uses Playstation Plus?

I'm tempted by it, just because there are several games I want to buy, but are available for free on it....

Go back a few pages and there's a big discussion on it. Generally comes down to how much time you have to play games, i.e. its useless for me.

Darksiders 2, Far Cry 2, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, Tekken Tag, Risen 1, FIFA, Borderlands, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Madden, NHL. Get past the next month or so and there's a fair bit on its way. Hopefully next year we'll see less of this summer slump. There's already games starting to delay until early 2013 to avoid the end of year insanity (Bioshock, GTA, Aliens etc.)

The Special Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2 has been cut to $20 at Target brick and mortar stores. Online, it's still $60. For what you get, $20 for the GOTY Edition is just insanely good.

Also, Best Buy is doing a summer deal this week. A lot of wireless headsets for all systems go down to $30, and Madden '12 is $10, which I may bite on just to get an NFL fix instead of throwing down $60 for '13 in three weeks.

How many hours did it take you?

Oh and you better plan on starting Persona 3 now.

It probably took about 46 hours, I think. So, the right amount of time! But, just like Disgaea 1, 2 and 3...I can't be bothered with the post-game stuff. Leveling up any higher seems crazy just to beat some super bosses.

And Persona 3 will be started likely Sunday or Monday.

Good call. One piece of advice is to do a little bit of reading on how social links level up before you play. I didn't my first time through and as a result one of them broke. To avoid that make sure you're only levelling up girlfriend at a time, then jump to the next. For some reason they don't like you two-timing.

Good call. One piece of advice is to do a little bit of reading on how social links level up before you play. I didn't my first time through and as a result one of them broke. To avoid that make sure you're only levelling up girlfriend at a time, then jump to the next. For some reason they don't like you two-timing.

I ain't gonna be no cheater!

...I think. I'm not sure what to expect from this game (minus the annoying RPG mechanic where you can't control your party members AND if you die, game over).

Do they cover that stuff in the manual?

I like the use of the phrase 'levelling up' here :pervert:.

I want to play Persona 4, I really do, but the 'intro' is just so long I get put off it every time I load up. And with my PS3 yellow lighted, I'd have to start over on my PS2 >_<

I will be playing Persona 4 soon!

But first...Persona 3! Starting tonight, I think.

I want to play Persona 4, I really do, but the 'intro' is just so long I get put off it every time I load up. And with my PS3 yellow lighted, I'd have to start over on my PS2 >_<

I will be playing Persona 4 soon!

But first...Persona 3! Starting tonight, I think.

We could synchronise our playage of Persona 4! :D