The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I want to play Persona 4, I really do, but the 'intro' is just so long I get put off it every time I load up. And with my PS3 yellow lighted, I'd have to start over on my PS2 >_<

I will be playing Persona 4 soon!

But first...Persona 3! Starting tonight, I think.

We could synchronise our playage of Persona 4! :D

Wanna wait a few months? :P

So, I got about 2 hours into Persona 3...and died. Forgot to save after the first dungeon....now I am gonna have to repeat that. Shit. <_<

The mechanic of you getting KOed in battle=game over? That is going to be annoying.

Everything else with this game? I love. The voices are great, the graphics are pretty good for PS2, I like the story, the battles are interesting...I think I'm really going to like this game :D

I got Persona 3 yeeeeeeears ago actually, like 5 or 6 or something. Loved playing it at the time but then my PS3 died and the newer consoles don't play PS2 games of course, which is a bummer. I preferred all the day time school stuff to the night time fighting though.

I got Persona 3 yeeeeeeears ago actually, like 5 or 6 or something. Loved playing it at the time but then my PS3 died and the newer consoles don't play PS2 games of course, which is a bummer. I preferred all the day time school stuff to the night time fighting though.

The very first ones did, like mine had.

Awesome. Was tempted by the Walking Dead episodes but that's totally sold me on it. Does it spoil the TV show at all? I hope not.

Not at all. TellTale has said there will be cameos, but this is supposed to take place while Rick is still in his hospital room.

Ahh that's cool, because that's about where I've seen up to :shifty:.

I think Persona 3 is on the PSN store now.

I think Persona 3 is on the PSN store now.

Only in NA apparently, unless you have a portable PS.

Gay.

Yeah, save all the time. Like I can't stress how important it is to go back in Tartarus every 15-20 minutes to save. That's the best strategy to levelling up, just repeat the same few floors, go back and save, and eventually you'll be strong enough to just make one big trek to the next checkpoint. The main character dying = game over is easily the worst part of the game.

And yes, the daytime is much more fun than the nighttime. If you play it right you'll only need to plunge a long 4 or 5 nights (in game) each month into exploring Tartarus. That became my strategy by the time June rolled around and I figured the game out.

God I love the Persona series.

No.

The trick is to get out before the tiredness sets in as they won't go with you the following few nights because they're too sick.

Surely that doesn't matter that much if the plan is to just grind one night and not have to do it for the next few?

No.

The trick is to get out before the tiredness sets in as they won't go with you the following few nights because they're too sick.

Surely that doesn't matter that much if the plan is to just grind one night and not have to do it for the next few?

Well, yeah, if you just plan on grinding for one night every few days it doesn't matter.

But as far as I know there is no way to know they're getting tired besides just knowing how long you've been in Tartarus.

Like magic, I've somehow put 12 hours into this game already. Crazy!

I'm level 13 (so close to getting the Fire Jack...he's gonna be fucking powerful because my Magician social link is level 5 or so), just beat the Empress guardian (what a pain in the ass that was. I only beat it because Chimera kept giving me 3-4 critical hits in a row with bash) and I am about to do my second full moon event (June 6th, I think?).