The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Trials Fusion at $10 for folks who are Plussed? Yeah, I'll take that.

That's a great deal. Trials is a lot of fun.

If you're in Canada, the iCon brand has put out a charging dock for the PS4 that is bundled with different games for $30. I've seen Trials and Black Flag, and bought the one with Rayman: Legends.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like shooting stuff in a shooter, it's true.

To me it feels behind the times. I loved secret of mana, but if today a game came along were i would need to farm a forest for hours just to be able to go on with up to date weapons... To me The last of us would have benefited a lot if it was far less (human) opponents with a way less retarded AI (as in, hard battles, Danger in being shot at instead of just taking machine-gun fire ect.). Todays games should be more about gameplay that helps telling the, often cinematic, story instead of pulling you out of that experience to kill 100 PirateBandits "because!".

Dossent matter how you kill them, you still have to kill them all to be able to continue.

Just finished the Left Behind DLC. Much more like it, i was not a fan of the final bandits encounter, just to many, but the few before were ok. Other than that i am not a fan of infected being their out of thin air (you scouted the whole place and sudenly you hit the trigger and 5 of them run around without a door poping open or anything).

I just like stuff like hanging out in the Halloween Store for ages, plaing with the waterguns, the photoboth. Ton´s of gameplay elements that to me work better in the context than killing a million people.

I wonder if they will take the sequell to a place that is bit less of mass murdering of humans now that The Walking Dead was such a big hit being driven by narative rather than headshots.

I can see why shooting stuff is important since this enables multiplayer and both microtransactions and cheap to produce DLC maps for it, but it just has so much potential to be a story experince in itself rather than a story that switches to a shooter wich feels like a different game.

Edited by Herr Matzat

I'm agree with Matz, kind of. Last of Us had a lot of moments where it was a case of "HEY, HERE'S A FEW CORRIDORS, BETTER MAKE SURE YOU AVOID THE GUYS WITH MACHINE GUNS AND BODY ARMOUR". It felt out of place and annoying, when the majority of fun in the game came from fighting the zombies. Pretty much every time I was up against humans I kind of rolled my eyes.

But hey, I'm one of like three guys that didn't think Last of Us was all that... >_>

I dident mind every big human v human battle, for example:

When you enter the city and your car gets ambushed i can say it´s ok you meet a lot of humans. Let it just be a pirate city, it´s been 20 years, they gathered there and you just happend to walk right into the hornets nest. AI still sucks but at least i know why the place is crawling with people trying to kill me.

When i look at the first two human encounters in "Left Behind" it seems fair enough aswell... maybe they had a hunting party scouting this town for me, 8-10 people, they split up in two small groups, there even is some environmental interaction since infected are involved right away, I can handle that.

But when you are in the middle of nowhere and over and over there are 20 guys charging at you it just makes it so hard to suspend disbelieve. The killcounter after my one play through is at almost 700 and i believe at least two thirds of that have to have been humans.

Edit

Someone did the task of counting. That it felt like even more humans to me might have been because it took me out of the game so much more than many of the infected encounters. Still over 50+% human deaths.

***Some may categorize these differently. For instance, I didn't count Frank because he was never a NPC introduced while still alive nor was he a NPC that produced any kills we saw. Same with Ish and other such characters***

TOTAL HUMANS KILLED: 307

17 - Robert's Men (including Robert)

32 - Fedra soldiers (including two killed during a cut-scene by Joel & Tess and one by Tommy at beginning)

129 - Hunters killed (Pittsburgh and the sniper alley sequence)

29 - Bandits killed (in and around the Dam)

65 - David's men killed (including David and his side kick "Buddy Boy" James)

28 - Fireflies (Hospital including the three doctors)

5 - Humans killed (3 by Hunters, 2 by Fedra)

1 - Henry suicide

1 - Sarah killed by soldier

TOTAL INFECTED KILLED: 249

81 - Clickers (including several by Bill in cut-scenes and game-controlled sequences)

143 - Runners (including Sam)

18 - Stalkers

7 - Bloaters

KILLS BY THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE:

Joel Kills: 13 Robert's Men, 27 Fedra, 191 Infected, 126 Hunters, 29 Bandits, 28 David's Men, 28 Fireflies

Ellie Kills: 2 Hunters, 37 David's Men, 43 Infected

Tess Kills: 4 Robert's Men, 3 Fedra, 2 Infected

Bill Kills: 4 Infected

David Kills: 6 Infected

Henry Kills: 1 Himself, 1 Infected, 1 Hunter

Marlene: 1 Fedra

Tommy Kills: 2 Infected, 1 Fedra

Fedra Kills: 3 Humans (including Sarah)

Hunter Kills: 3 Humans

Edited by Herr Matzat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indie flash sale is up and if you don't get Costume Quest 2 ($3), Guacamelee Super Turbo etc. etc. ($5.10), and OlliOlli ($2.99), then I don't know if we can be friends. >_>

Traded in GTAV, Destiny and Diablo for:

GTAV digital

The Golf Club

Costume Quest 2

Guacamelee

OlliOlli

And the Bastille Singstar song pack for the wife

Still have $27 in PSN credit, too. Hells yeah.

Because I now have a Credit Card, I don't need to buy PSN cards to use the US account, right?

I believe that's correct... though with the amount that the online services get hacked/have issues, I always suggest buying the cards anyways. Credit fraud isn't fun.

• Like 1