Sign in to follow this  
Mattman

Sony Megathread

Which one is Far Cry 5? The one with the Adam Cole/Matthew McConaughey hybrid as the main villain or the one with Neymar as the main villain?

37 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Which one is Far Cry 5? The one with the Adam Cole/Matthew McConaughey hybrid as the main villain or the one with Neymar as the main villain?

The first one.

McConaughey playing a cult leader with aviator sunglasses, yes.

Do we have a thread where we post our PSN usernames or what? I just added some people from DVDVR, wouldn’t mind having some EWB friends as well.

There is a thread I did start for that purpose, go back a few pages and look for the ps4 thread.

Uh, so I just bought the physical (almost 200 page) Art of Horizon Zero Dawn book, the CD and vinyl versions of the soundtrack, and a Focus keychain that's an official Playstation product.

I'm not obsessed or anything. I can't get over this game. I had an Xbox One for YEARS, and legit - this is the best game I've ever played in recent memory, and I've only had a PS4 since Black Friday. Try to keep up, Microsoft.

Thinking about trying out Killzone since it's made by the same people, too. But I did just buy Fire Pro, World War Z, and I have PS Now.... hey, maybe Killzone is on PS Now!

• Like 3

Horizon Zero Dawn really got me as well. Picked it up cheap on a whim, had absolutely no idea what to expect, and was utterly hooked. Just a perfect combination of gameplay, story and world design. Utterly gorgeous, too.

Yesterday I preordered Wattam, the new game from the guy behind Katamari Damacy. I watched the trailer and still have no idea what it was about. I read a description of the gameplay and it didn't help at all. I can't wait.

HZD is the type of game that's rife for more storytelling that one game (or DLC) will allow. I'm surprised there aren't books or anything. Shit, I beat the main story last night, and I've spent an additional few more hours reading about other stuff in the game world (like Far Zenith and the Odyssey). The world before, during and after the events of the game are so damn interesting.

I was thinking about this earlier... fuck the Witcher, this is the game that I want to see made into a TV show.

Death Stranding is glorious. That is all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hans GrubeORO said:

Death Stranding is glorious. That is all.

I bought it a week ago and got it in the mail today. It's installing right now, so I'll play it later.

Actually bought a lot of games over the past week, plus got a $75 giftcard for the PS Store. So as of right now, I've ended up with: Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Lego Marvel Collection, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Death Stranding, World War Z, Bloodborne, Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, Days Gone and NieR:Automata (Game of the Yorha Edition).

Only played a few of them so far, but my favorite right now is actually Battlefront 2.

• Like 1

Update: Death Stranding's product placement of Monster Energy is utterly hilarious.

Minor lore details

Spoiler

So, you can chug Monster Energy in between stops to buff your stamina. And by chug, I mean CHUG. Three cans full!

But that's not all folks. You have a canteen containing Monster Energy to restore lost stamina. It also self-replenishes through some kind of osmosis, and converts all liquid into Monster Energy?

Plain old water? Fuck that shit, turn it into Monster Energy!

That time rain that ages everything except your hazmat suit for some reason? Convert it into Monster Energy, the Ur-Drink, the true element that brings life.

• Haha 1

I'm only up to meeting Deadman, but holy fuck this game is so weird. It's like a David Lynch film in movie form.

Keep in mind I've played maybe 30 minutes of Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain and that's IT as far as Kojima games go.

4 hours ago, tristy said:

I'm only up to meeting Deadman, but holy fuck this game is so weird. It's like a David Lynch film in movie form.

Keep in mind I've played maybe 30 minutes of Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain and that's IT as far as Kojima games go.

The MGS series is pretty pants on head insane itself, but from all i've seen and heard of DS it's basically Kojima without any sort of oversight or corporate expectations writing the most insane wacky shit his brain was able to invent.

It's Kojima in its purest form.

• Like 1

Nosying round the store January sale, are Tekken 7 and the Spiderman addons any good? Both down to single figures, tempted by both.

42 minutes ago, Colly said:

Nosying round the store January sale, are Tekken 7 and the Spiderman addons any good? Both down to single figures, tempted by both.

The Spider-DLC are definitely worth a play for that price.

• Thanks 1

So is it just me, or is beating MULEs actually not that hard in Death Stranding? I mean, the game obviously wants me to ambush, use tools, overall be stealthy but... it's simpler and more effective to just wallop them like Adam West Batman.

Greedfall is 40% off in the January sale, I might grab that.

Any recommendations for VR games? All of the shooters look a bit same-y. I'm getting No Man's Sky, that should be fun in VR. The bundle I got already came with Astro Bot, Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, PS Worlds and some golf game.

Edited by tristy

2 hours ago, tristy said:

Greedfall is 40% off in the January sale, I might grab that.

Any recommendations for VR games? All of the shooters look a bit same-y. I'm getting No Man's Sky, that should be fun in VR. The bundle I got already came with Astro Bot, Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, PS Worlds and some golf game.

Blood & Truth, Moss, Batman Arkham VR, Superhot, Tetris Effect, Accounting+, Trover Saves the Universe, Job Simulator, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Surgeon Simulator, Wipeout and Beat Saber are all brilliant.

• Like 1

To add to that, I Expect You To Die is fantastic too.

5 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Blood & Truth, Moss, Batman Arkham VR, Superhot, Tetris Effect, Accounting+, Trover Saves the Universe, Job Simulator, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Surgeon Simulator, Wipeout and Beat Saber are all brilliant.

lol say what now

Tetris Effect is literally just regular Tetris, but it's absolutely one of the best uses of VR I've ever seen. It's truly one you need to experience because it's just stunning.

Accounting+ is by Justin Roiland. It is very, very funny.

Job Simulator is a game set in an automated future where humans go to museums to experience what it was like to do regular jobs in the past (ie current day). It is very, very funny.

Surgeon Simulator is a game where you perform surgeries with a variety of tools. It is very, very funny.

Which ones do I need the move controllers for? I won't have those until next week at the earliest :( I keep imagining this is going to be a boring use of VR without those controllers, since I can't imagine doing it with just the regular PS4 controller, but we'll see today I guess.