The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I now have CoD4 for keeps if anyone wants to play me.

And Badd-um-tsch, you don't seem to have added your name. You don't have to add it though...

I believe it's Badd-um-tsch. :shifty:

And what games?

This is for the first post if I was unclear.

I now have CoD4 for keeps if anyone wants to play me.

And Badd-um-tsch, you don't seem to have added your name. You don't have to add it though...

I believe it's Badd-um-tsch. :shifty:

And what games?

This is for the first post if I was unclear.

I've got Kane & Lynch, Resistance, Burnout, Fifa 08, SDVR 08, Madden 08 and PES 2008 that I can play online.

Preferably Burnout, Fifa, Resistance or PES though. I haven't tried any of the others online apart from Kane & Lynch...and thought it was turd.

This is my updated games collection:

USERNAME: HamsterOfFury

Assassin's Creed

Bladestorm

Call Of Duty 4*

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Everybody's Golf*

Eye Of Judgment*

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue*

Guitar Hero 3*

Heavenly Sword

Pro Evolution Soccer 08*

Singstar*

Uncharted

Warhawk*

For PSN games I also have Pain (stupidly amusing), Tori Emaki (s'alright) and Skydiving (doh). I want the bowling game, however rubbish it is but it still hasn't been in a UK update yet. Grr.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

For PSN games I also have Pain (stupidly amusing), Tori Emaki (s'alright) and Skydiving (doh). I want the bowling game, however rubbish it is but it still hasn't been in a UK update yet. Grr.

100% agree it looked relatively good but I haven't played it since the day I bought it. Bowling is actually really fun, better if you have friends.

Anyone want to set up a game of warhawk today? I can try and host an 8 person server.

My Everybody's Golf tournament skills were all over the place today but at least I'm getting constant scores....First round - 9 hole tourney with big holes I got 11th out of 40 and then second tourney 18 hole standard cups I went to +1 over the first nine holes and was really angry with myself then scored -7 on the back 9 to drag myself up to -6 and finished tenth again.

That game is FAR too addictive online. Love the fact you can play tournaments and smaller 4 player matches (and in those you can see "ghosts" of what the other players are doing on the hole. Brilliant.

100% agree it looked relatively good but I haven't played it since the day I bought it. Bowling is actually really fun, better if you have friends.

Anyone want to set up a game of warhawk today? I can try and host an 8 person server.

I'd be up for it sometime over the weekend if anyone else is. If I'm not mistaken I can host a 16 person server. Haven't checked in awhile though.

And just picked up two sublimely wonderful DualShock 3's... Oh, and joy was had.

I can't wait until the 21st of April because I just got my beta test code for Metal Gear Online. I am so excited for it especially since exams will be finished that day and I will have lots of time to play.

Anyone else pre-order the game to play MGO beta?

Yep pre-ordered it a couple of days ago and got my code. Will be nice to try out what MGS IV will play like.

But til then back to Warhawk I go.

we will definately be playing some MGO together then.

Apparently, according to Konami EU users will be getting the beta free when the PSN store updates, which is nice to hear.

The thing that's really going to agonize me though... Downloading it on the 17th and waiting the four days with it just right there on the PS3.

If you think thats bad, you should think of these guys, who've managed to download Home.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/09/home-c...vers-are-locke/

They found a workaround that lets them download and install the Home file but they can't actually access it yet. Hopefully it won't be far off, from the looks of things.

The MGO beta is up for download right now (in NA and Japan) if you have a promo code.

I'm downloading it now (741 Mb).

Anyone else like the new store layout? Aside from pictures not popping up quickly enough I love it,

[Edit:] Well... it apparently has to update itself already... Tried the bittorrent method, which was slow as hell and then tried the html method which is almost as slow but slightly quicker. 3% down after 5 minutes...

[Edit 2:] Anyone wanting to get in on the beta and such... set aside quite some time to just leave your PS3 on downloading the patch. It took me over 5 hours just now, with other people around different places generally having the same slowness if not worse.

Edited by Vilge Duin

Well for me some of the images never loaded at all, but i’m sure that’ll sort itself out eventually. Aside from that it’s looking a bit snazzier now.

I just figured out how to access all my files on my N95 when connected to the PS3 now. I spent an hour last night just watching the Portrait style slideshow and listening to my music :mellow: