The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

...no.

The cunt stopped at 19%. It stayed there for almost 3 hours. <_<

As has now become tradition, I gave up and went on SA, since I STILL don't have IV. <_<

I will by morning. Before/after my job interview. Probably after. Doubt it'd look good, taking it into a potential future workplace.

Also, I'm leaving my PS3 on overnight this time. Even if I end up not playing on it before the time expires, I WILL get that fucking patch. :shifty:

Given that I'm likely to be buying a PS3 later today (I'll be getting one anyway for the likes of MGS4, Disgaea 3, FF13 and various other things that haven't been released yet, but I'm getting it now because there's one going for £215), I feel I ought to buy a game for it.

I already own the likes of COD4, FIFA08. etc. on the 360 (and GH3 on the PS2) so there's not really much left in the cross-platform range that I feel particularly inclined to buy. I guess there's GTAIV, of course, though I am invariably drawn to the XBox's achievement points if you know what I mean. :shifty:

So: should I buy GTA on the PS3 just for the sake of having something for the PS3 prior to June 12th? Should I buy nothing and leave it in its box for the meantime? Should I buy something else? Decisions...

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

So: should I buy GTA on the PS3 just for the sake of having something for the PS3 prior to June 12th? Should I buy nothing and leave it in its box for the meantime? Should I buy something else? Decisions...

If you haven't had a single problem with your 360 and don't fear it breaking under the weight of GTA IV while wanting to play with more guys from EWB go for it on the 360 (achievements too).

I went with the PS3 for system stability issues, the Dualshock controller and a slightly better (very minute regardless) gameplay experience (and there are a decent number of us PS3 owning GTA IV players, but not as numerous or vocal as the 360).

As for a game you should get and/or at least play on the PS3 before MGS IV, Uncharted would be it. Great fun and entertaining game. Has a very pulpy action adventure feel with a pretty good story and some good gameplay throughout. It's at least worth a thorough renting if nothing else.

I also recommend Warhawk for sheer awesomeness. But the game's not for everyone. Plus some of the random PSN games are quite fun (I particularly enjoy Pixeljunk Monsters and Super Stardust HD).

But why don't you just wait until June 12th and pick up one of those MGS IV bundles that come with the game and a Dualshock 3 (plus Pain if I'm not mistaken)? Would be a better value than to pick up one now and just leave it til then unless you do plan on playing something else in the meantime (be it GTA IV or something else).

Edited by Vilge Duin

Mainly because a) it's a question of almost £100 on the tipping scales, and b) I'm not sure if these MGS4/Dualshock 3 bundles are going to be available in the UK - unless anyone can confirm that for me either way?

Fine, I tried Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for a few minutes today. Played and completed the first bit of the storyline to get used to controls and I love the Snake Cam bit.

Then I went online and ended up in a no respawns deathmatch against only one person on The Streets. I sailed down a rope and saw a great place to hide, so pressed myself against the wall there and lay in wait. Then I heard the sound of him coming down the rope I had used a few moments ago, looked around the corner, and shot him three times in the legs. Win to me.

The laying in wait was great, knowing an opponent was coming around at any moment. I may be going back on it tomorrow for longer. Yeah, put my name down on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Call Of Duty just in case I play COD at some point.

Also remembered that MGS4 was out pretty soon, so fired up MGS2 to remember everything MGS in advance.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

Any ideas if the 80 gig ps3 version will be rereleased. I can get a 40 gig now but Im holding off cause i was told that you can't play ps2 or ps1 games on the 40giger