The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I did it in about 40 my first play through but I also didn't really do that much extra and was largely just through the main story, felt I missed a lot but the game was more than good enough I have no problem replaying it and having a longer and more in depth play throughs to see the different angles that play out across the paths.

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

Someone on twitter said they beat Fire Emblem in 45 hours. I'm at 55... Apparently I'm taking my time. Feels like the game is wrapping soon though? Major spoilers for Golden Deer in part 2

Hide contents

Demetri was pretty fucking useless, no? Shows up got one scene, goes "rawr, revenge!" And attacks the people who had nothing to do with it and gets his people slaughtered. Also feels like part 2 is a bit more rushed than the first.

THAT BATTLE MADE ME SO ANGRY

I WAS TRYING TO END WITHOUT KILLING PETRA OR BERNADETTA BUT 

NO YOU JUST HAD TO BE AN ASSASSIN WHO KEPT KILLING DOROTHEA DIDN'T YOU PETRA GOD DAMMIT

16 minutes ago, Sousa said:

THAT BATTLE MADE ME SO ANGRY

Hide contents

I WAS TRYING TO END WITHOUT KILLING PETRA OR BERNADETTA BUT 

NO YOU JUST HAD TO BE AN ASSASSIN WHO KEPT KILLING DOROTHEA DIDN'T YOU PETRA GOD DAMMIT

I actually left Petra to the Blue Lions. I couldn't hit her worth shit. Plus, the one time I DID get her, they set the center on fire and I was like "Naww...."

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Hide contents

I actually left Petra to the Blue Lions. I couldn't hit her worth shit. Plus, the one time I DID get her, they set the center on fire and I was like "Naww...."

Gambits worked really well with Petra and Bernie was 

pissing me off raining down ballista shots like that. I think other than some mooks the only named Blue Lions I killed were Ingrid (who was getting too close for comfort) and Dmitri. I guess that doesn't make sense from a "the point of this battle is to kill people and gain EXP" standpoint but dammit I felt bad for Mercedes knowing that her only crime was not joining my weird lesbian coven.

Speaking of weird lesbian covens I'm probably gonna marry Raphael as it turns out because I just. Look I like Raphael a lot okay gosh

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sousa said:

Hide contents

Gambits worked really well with Petra and Bernie was 

pissing me off raining down ballista shots like that. I think other than some mooks the only named Blue Lions I killed were Ingrid (who was getting too close for comfort) and Dmitri. I guess that doesn't make sense from a "the point of this battle is to kill people and gain EXP" standpoint but dammit I felt bad for Mercedes knowing that her only crime was not joining my weird lesbian coven.

Speaking of weird lesbian covens I'm probably gonna marry Raphael as it turns out because I just. Look I like Raphael a lot okay gosh

Raphael is fantastic. But also Lorenz... I pretty much love all his supports. 

As for that battle...

I actually converted Mercedes and Bernie, so I didn't need to kill them! But Ingrid hurt, I liked her. As was Sylvain.

I'm sure Dedue has to show up again, right?

I'm surprised at how much I like Lorenz and... pretty much everyone in Golden Deer. Leonie is a little boring but honestly Golden Deer has no duds, which surprised me because I was sure I was going to dislike one of Lorenz or Hilda. But... nope. I like everyone in this house.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sousa said:

I'm surprised at how much I like Lorenz and... pretty much everyone in Golden Deer. Leonie is a little boring but honestly Golden Deer has no duds, which surprised me because I was sure I was going to dislike one of Lorenz or Hilda. But... nope. I like everyone in this house.

I expected to hate Lorenz, and get annoyed with Hilda... but they are probably my favorites (minus Claude). The one I like the least is probably Ignatz, but he's still a fine character. 

I've not had too many characters that don't have something about them that makes them likeable or interesting. It's a really good cast of characters and all of them feel unique in their own ways which in a cast of about 30 people you're interacting with a lot is quite an achievement. That through the support stuff they're reacting with each other as well means so many stories, it's going to take a few hundred play throughs to see ALL of them!

I'm really surprised that people end up liking Lorenz so much... but then again, I didn't put him on my team and most of my interactions with him are down to pretty much what you'd expect on the surface. There's a chance that people feel like that about some Blue Lion members as well possibly. I'm still just... entirely put off by Edelgard. Then again she might just be bitter I took... at least half of her house. :P

4 hours ago, apsham said:

I'm really surprised that people end up liking Lorenz so much... but then again, I didn't put him on my team and most of my interactions with him are down to pretty much what you'd expect on the surface. There's a chance that people feel like that about some Blue Lion members as well possibly. I'm still just... entirely put off by Edelgard. Then again she might just be bitter I took... at least half of her house. :P

For Lorenz, pretty much all his C level supports are him being the typical noble. It's when you get the B and A ones where it shows some more to him and why he is the way he is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

For Lorenz, pretty much all his C level supports are him being the typical noble. It's when you get the B and A ones where it shows some more to him and why he is the way he is.

Yeah, I have no idea what Lorenz's conversations around the monastery are like but there's a lot of depth of character to his supports. The writing in this game is actually really great, which is something I very rarely say about a video game.

6 hours ago, apsham said:

On the Blue Lion side, Dedue/Annette/Ashe/Ingrid are probably the stand out characters for me.

Good choices, but I'd add Felix as well. He's impolite and unfriendly in most cases, but there's a decent amount of depth there. It's quite clear that, despite his aloof nature, he cares about his teammates. In the cases in which he's hostile to his companions, it's usually for a specific reason.

I just finished today! I went with Raphael as my partner. Last couple battles in Golden Deer are super fun and creative (weird dubstep version of the game's music notwithstanding). This was probably my favorite Fire Emblem and I... might be coaxed into doing it in the Cube, though I can't imagine what people would vote on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sousa said:

I just finished today! I went with Raphael as my partner. Last couple battles in Golden Deer are super fun and creative (weird dubstep version of the game's music notwithstanding). This was probably my favorite Fire Emblem and I... might be coaxed into doing it in the Cube, though I can't imagine what people would vote on.

YESSSSS.

Voting on how to train the students?