The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I love the Wii, but it is lacking in non-party games right now. If you want to have a good time with a bunch of people, you can't go wrong with a night of Wii Sports, Rayman Raving Rabids, and any awesome Gamecube Party game that you can easily find in the bargain bins - Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Smash Bros. Melee, etc. And of course, the Virtual Console is second to none... XBL Arcade was great until the Virtual Console came around and made it look like a glorified Namco Museum Disc.

However, that's not to say there aren't some awesome single player experiences either. Super Mario Galaxy is absolutely amazing and unlike any game I've ever played. I've also heard great things about Zelda and Metroid, but I've yet to pick those up.

They could be remaking No Mercy? I haven't played it but I only ever hear great things about that game.

If you own a Nintendo 64, pick it up at any classic gaming store. I've never seen it go for more than $10. If you don't own the N64, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The game hasn't aged all that well over the years and there are better wrestling games out there (Fire Pro).

Edited by Zero

The only game to come close to giving me a headache is Mario Galaxy. Don't get me wrong. It's super fun. However, when you're upside down on a planet, that gets a bit annoying.

Back the train up a bit... they are remaking No Mercy?

I own it, but still. More details are required.

Back the train up a bit... they are remaking No Mercy?

I own it, but still. More details are required.

A few months back, EGM reported in their rumors section (which is often eerily accurate) that THQ was prepping a remake of No Mercy for WiiWare, Nintendo's answer to Xbox Live Arcade's original titles like Cloning Clyde and Alien Hominid.

You know I used to mock the Wii. Then I played Wii Sports with my roommate last night and made a complete and utter ass out of myself. I fucking loved it.

But it's not something I'd play on my own.

Edited by Clawson

You can easily find a No Mercy ROM and emulator for PC, as well as mod packs for it (With TNA, ROH, updated etc. wrestlers) on it. Its not that huge either, about 80mb or something... maybe... I can't remember.

Zero, you having Rayman Raving whatever?

If so, is the only way to get multiplayer games to play the games single player and they are unlocked multiplayer? If so... LAME.

Furthemore, my boyfriend has this strange obsession with Trauma Center. I mean, when we play the game, he is useless, because I pretty much do everything and he occassionally hops in and does something. But for some reason, he is obsessed with it...

Nah, I got the old one.

Its just incredibly lame playing it that way. I wanna play all the fucking games right away with my friends. I don't like playing video games alone. It makes me feel like a virgin...

I was referring to themodernways post about mods and emulators.

Is it against the rules to talk about where to get things or is the PC version illegal? I know its against the rules to talk about where to get illegal things, but if the PC version is illegal then I was unaware.

I'm going to go and read the rules again.

EDIT: Where exactly are the rules again?

Edited by Mattman

You're fine, Matt. You didn't know what an emulator was and you were asking where to get a legal copy of it for the PC, thinking there was actually one when there isn't, so it's understandable. Don't worry about it, no warning.