The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I like how someone at Nintendo was designing New Super Mario Bros 2 and clearly thought "You know what people don't have enough of during our Mario games? Lives. Let's invent a powerup that will give you like 2 extra lives just by walking forward whilst using it." I am at 2-3 and already have 88 of the bloody things.

• Like 1

I dont recall any Rare branding through the game beyond them as developers so there should not be anything to remove unlike in Diddy Kong Racing where the Rare logo was on caps and in the Microsoft Banjo remakes that removed the Nintendo consoles from the save select.

I thought they actually released the thing?

They just changed a shitload of things and changed it to Daniel Craig. Because that's the closest we'll probably ever get to a re-release of that ever.

edit: Donkey Kong 64 is fun as fuck, and I'm guessing the reason they're releasing them in EU first (as well as the Donkey Kong Country games) is because RARE were UK developers.

Edited by peteypirahna

It's for that reason that I think my nephew would enjoy Bowser Mode. I didn't play Mario Party 9, but I heard lots of complaints about the fact that all the characters move around in a car, and 10 appears to have the same system in place. I've always had some mindless fun with the Mario Party games, however, so I'm sure I could look past most minor foibles.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mario Kart DLC is really good. I guess Cheese Land is probably the weakest track but even that's great. Neo Bowser City is great to have back again, and all four new tracks are great. Big Blue is a much better F-Zero type track than Mute City was,Wild Woods is really neat, the Animal Crossing track is adorable, and Super Bell Subway is really fun. I like this pack better than the first one.

Playing through Fire Emblem Awakening....I wanted Chrom to marry Olivia. Didn't know he couldn't have ANY supports with his potential wives. Now my avatar and him are married :( I was gonna marry Yarne for a super Morgan!

And I don't get to see their S rank support convo.