The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I get the feeling that they're trying to do a week of announcements with the thing they've just announced being ready to download as soon as the broadcast is over.

They did the Smash DlC, now Mother and presumably there'll be something released after the treehouse so something else will probably be released tomorrow.

It's certainly nothing groundbreaking, but Dr Mario: Miracle Cure is good fun for fans of the original game. Pretty much more of the same, with some challenge stuff, a few new optional features, and online and local multiplayer. Good time-waster. Only real complaint is that it's split into Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi modes, and while I don't really like Dr. Luigi, it would be cool if you could integrate the two together to mix it up a little.

Also, the demo of Citizens Of Earth is wonderful. Very Earthbound-esque.

I wasn't a huge fan of CoE. Just felt like something was off with that game. Felt unpolished and just lacking.

I admit, I can't see myself ever buying the full game, but I enjoyed the demo a lot. Can't imagine there's really all that much too it beyond that, though, so probably gets a little samey.

The combat was very samey: true of most RPGS, but especially true here where it wasn't that deep. I also found that there was no middle ground between it being so easy or so hard. I never struggled in a fun way. I either died horribly or just destroyed everyone. I would buy it on sale, but would not waste substantial cash on it.

I've been given a gift card to pick up a 3DS game, and right now I'm torn between Tomodachi Life and Fantasy Life. Which do you think I would like more, and would offer the most longevity? I really enjoyed the Tomodachi demo, but wonder if it could get old without having much purpose or a defined end goal or whatever? Also, if it heavily relies on Street Pass (I don't know if it does or not?) then that's a bit of a downer, as there's very few fellow 3DS owners around these parts.