zero

Nintendo Megathread

thatshortguy    3,158
3 hours ago, Meacon said:

The Yoshi game is pushed back to 2019 now? Booo. :(

I can't bring myself to tell Short Girl yet, but it does make sense.  Nintendo has their year planned, so Yoshi can be a nice palette cleanser for everyone not caught up in Smash hype after the holidays.  I have faith they'll manage to somehow make the cutest Switch game ever even cuter.

Meacxico    20,966
18 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

I can't bring myself to tell Short Girl yet, but it does make sense.  Nintendo has their year planned, so Yoshi can be a nice palette cleanser for everyone not caught up in Smash hype after the holidays.  I have faith they'll manage to somehow make the cutest Switch game ever even cuter.

I remember seeing a clip for it during the hype for the Switch. I had assumed it’d be a console release day game, let alone waiting multiple years for it. I wants to Yosh yo.

• Like 1

King of Pain Ellis    12,776

When you guys say no random encounters in Pokemon Let's Go, are we talking an Earthbound system where you can see enemies and try to avoid them? 

Because surely they're not getting rid of wild battles? 

Pentashám Jr.    10,059
3 hours ago, King of Pain Ellis said:

When you guys say no random encounters in Pokemon Let's Go, are we talking an Earthbound system where you can see enemies and try to avoid them? 

Because surely they're not getting rid of wild battles? 

When you run into wild Pokemon you catch them like you do in Pokemon GO, but there are trainer battles.

1 hour ago, Pentashám Jr. said:

When you run into wild Pokemon you catch them like you do in Pokemon GO, but there are trainer battles.

Isn't that a random encounter? I'm confused.

Meacxico    20,966

Is it possible for one of these pokey-folk to capture you?

OctoberRavenO    4,482
17 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Is it possible for one of these pokey-folk to capture you?

I'm sure there's fangames that have that.

So despite all the goods things I heard in the E3 thread about Nintendo winning E3, their stock then dropped 7%

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/14/investing/e3-nintendo-stock-drop/index.html

Pentashám Jr.    10,059

I think calling out that Nintendo had won E3 was kind of a short sighted thing - they announced some stuff, but none of it was really shocking and if none of it interested you - nothing that Reggie said to counteract the stock dropping was going to comfort you. When asked about it he basically said that Nintendo only announces/shows anything that's going to be out in the next 6-9 months... so if you're not super hyped on anything coming up? Sucks to be you I guess.

But even then, that was pointed out to be a bit of an out there statement - considering they showed Yoshi and Metroid Prime 4 last year amongst other stuff.

CrOwentia    4,211

I feel like I constantly have the Wii Shop Channel music stuck in my head. Please help.

CrOwentia    4,211

That edit is made even better by the fact that Jon Smith made it manually by changing the pitch of every note. Must've taken an absolute age to do.