The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Selling without a power supply again, I see.

(Albeit not as big an issue here since it will presumably use USB again but still, up yours hidden 3DS costs)

I love my NES Classic to death, and I really want the SNES Classic this year.

That being said, I really hope that Nintendo smartened up and are allowing pre-orders on the product this time around. In fact, they should open those up now so that they can see what kind of numbers they have at the end of July so they can ramp up production if necessary.

If there aren't any pre-orders, then I guess I'll be standing in line at 5 in the morning.

15 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Is that Final Fantasy III as in the one known in the West as Final Fantasy VI? Also, if I may be an entitled sod for a moment, I'd have liked to see Super Tennis on there too. Oh, well. I still have my old SNES to play that on anyway.

It will be Final Fantasy VI, yeah, though you've got things backwards - it was III in the West, and VI in Japan; it wasn't until VII was released that the numbering system was accurate in the West. Because some of the series weren't released outside of Japan, the West got IV as II and VI as III.

Extraordinary line-up of games, though. Star Fox 2, and some of the best JRPGs ever released, that's more than enough to make it worthwhile, and that's only scratching the surface.

• Like 1

For the Super Famicom mini they are getting the following games

- Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
- Panel de Pon
- Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
- Super Formation Soccer
- The Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

Which will be replacing the following games

- EarthBound
- Kirby's Dream Course
- Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
- Super Castlevania IV
- Super Punch-Out!!

Any place that is taking pre-orders other than official ones from Nintendo I'd be a bit wary of. No where has really received an allocation as far as I'm aware - so it's really just taking your money and putting you in line to hopefully get one sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apsham said:

Any place that is taking pre-orders other than official ones from Nintendo I'd be a bit wary of. No where has really received an allocation as far as I'm aware - so it's really just taking your money and putting you in line to hopefully get one sometime.

Correct. Nintendo did not allow Gamestop/EB Games to know how many they'd be getting, so they never took reservations. My local EB got 13 to sell with a lineup of about 100 people. Not doing proper reservations on this unit would be completely bonkers thinking on Nintendo's part after the debacle with the NES Classic.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Splatfest is on! It's my first time playing Splatoon and I think I may have talked myself into getting it... are all the matches short like the Turf Wars? I like that about it.

If I recall correctly, yes. On comp there can be overtime but never overly long.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, ages ago I asked for recommendations on 3DS games and I've just dug my 3DS out again and fancy playing something.

Puzzle games, strategy... that kind of thing. Basically something I can pick up and play for 10 minutes here and there. I was thinking of Terraria because its supposed to be open-ended but I've not played it before.

And are any of the Mario platformers any good? Super Mario 64 was one of my favourites and I loved it. I want a game or two that will take me ages to complete.

Oh and I'll probably buy one of the Picross games because I love them.

On 26/07/2017 at 10:37, MDK said:

Okay, ages ago I asked for recommendations on 3DS games and I've just dug my 3DS out again and fancy playing something.

Puzzle games, strategy... that kind of thing. Basically something I can pick up and play for 10 minutes here and there. I was thinking of Terraria because its supposed to be open-ended but I've not played it before.

And are any of the Mario platformers any good? Super Mario 64 was one of my favourites and I loved it. I want a game or two that will take me ages to complete.

Oh and I'll probably buy one of the Picross games because I love them.

There is a "free" pokemon picross game, it does have microtransactions but if you don't want to pay it makes it last longer and is a good 10 minute daily challenge type of game, took me around a year of near daily playing to complete it and I technically havent fully done that yet.

I have Terraria for the 3DS and if you are interested in the game then the 3DS is the better console version I've played its more simplified than the other versions and uses the touchscreen well, first and only time so far I've been able to reach its hardmode.

If you have a New 3DS I'd recommend getting Binding of Isaac from the eShop, it's one of those games that will kick your arse and you just want to give it another run.

If you are into Pokemon I'd give the Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby games a go, I'd say they are the best on the system and you can get some good time with them. If you like platformers there are a couple throwbacks to the old super hard NES platformers with Shovel Knight and Mega Man Legacy (full versions of Mega Man 1-6 plus challenges using those games), if you like the old top down GTA games then Retro City Rampage is another good one from the eShop and it's sequal thats in development Shakedown: Hawaii looks awesome. The only other titles I've got that I'd recommend would be the main Zelda games (Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask), depending on your play style these could be short to long depending on how much you want to put in, I think LBW and OOT have new game plus modes so you getthe option to play the game again but harder.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1