The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

6 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

There is a "free" pokemon picross game, it does have microtransactions but if you don't want to pay it makes it last longer and is a good 10 minute daily challenge type of game, took me around a year of near daily playing to complete it and I technically havent fully done that yet.

I have Terraria for the 3DS and if you are interested in the game then the 3DS is the better console version I've played its more simplified than the other versions and uses the touchscreen well, first and only time so far I've been able to reach its hardmode.

If you have a New 3DS I'd recommend getting Binding of Isaac from the eShop, it's one of those games that will kick your arse and you just want to give it another run.

If you are into Pokemon I'd give the Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby games a go, I'd say they are the best on the system and you can get some good time with them. If you like platformers there are a couple throwbacks to the old super hard NES platformers with Shovel Knight and Mega Man Legacy (full versions of Mega Man 1-6 plus challenges using those games), if you like the old top down GTA games then Retro City Rampage is another good one from the eShop and it's sequal thats in development Shakedown: Hawaii looks awesome. The only other titles I've got that I'd recommend would be the main Zelda games (Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask), depending on your play style these could be short to long depending on how much you want to put in, I think LBW and OOT have new game plus modes so you getthe option to play the game again but harder.

I've been playing that Pokemon Picross. Its fun, I like that I can just pick up and play for a few minutes, good shout. And I think I will probably go for Terraria. And funnily enough I have Retro City Rampage from a HumbleBundle a while back. but it doesn't float my boat.

I'm not really that fussed about Pokemon games but I have one of the recent 3DS ones (cannot remember what one) and I was disappointed that it was so short.

And Link Between Worlds was the Zelda game I was looking at. Might get that.

Cheers.

On 26/07/2017 at 15:18, Apsham said:

Super Mario 3D Land is your best shot at a Mario 64 type experience - although the levels are kind of more focused and smaller compared to Mario 64 stuff. Mario Odyssey is kind of a return to form in that regard.

But Odyssey is only on Switch :( Unless they are planning on porting it?

10 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

It was released in the selects range so it should be around £15 new.

Yeah, I think that and Terraria would be about 30 quid together. Not bad, I think.

18 minutes ago, MDK said:

Yeah, I think that and Terraria would be about 30 quid together. Not bad, I think.

If you have a new 3DS then Terreria has the option of a larger map, 4200 x 1200 blocks instead of 1750 x 900 for the regular 3DS,

2 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

If you have a new 3DS then Terreria has the option of a larger map, 4200 x 1200 blocks instead of 1750 x 900 for the regular 3DS,

I have the old 3DS :'( 

7 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

It is. Yeah I forgot that part. I enjoy them because they are funny too

I think I had Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and loved it. It was fun and silly and quite a good game.